Showing results 1 to 25 of 29
Search took 0.12 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: B.J.[_2_]
Forum: Coins June 15th 12, 02:13 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 9
Posted By B.J.[_2_]
Ebay Coin Auction Guidelines

On Monday, June 11, 2012 8:45:20 AM UTC-4, Bremick wrote:

domi* 1989 -doll* -gold -peso* -proof -specim* -300 -5 -10* -20* -25 -silver

So if you have that search term bookmarked, wouldn't...
Forum: Coins June 11th 12, 12:23 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 9
Posted By B.J.[_2_]
Ebay Coin Auction Guidelines

On Sunday, June 10, 2012 9:24:47 PM UTC-4, Bremick wrote:

Interesting. My own key word coin searches are specific enough to spot most
applicable auctions even if listed under cosmetics or...
Forum: Coins June 11th 12, 01:41 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 9
Posted By B.J.[_2_]
Ebay Coin Auction Guidelines

I'm glad reserve is being limited. All the time I spend on an action is wasted if the seller is delusional about the value and puts a high reserve (and many reserve values seem delusional to me).

If...
Forum: Coins September 10th 11, 09:44 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 1
Posted By B.J.[_2_]
Strange formatting in Numismaster coin lookup?

Does anyone use http://numismaster.com/ to look up coin types? This past week the results have been strangely formatted. Instead of displaying everything in one column, the headers and footers are on...
Forum: Coins August 21st 11, 12:24 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 4
Posted By B.J.[_2_]
PCGS certifies fake 1804 Dollar in "Genuine" slab

On Saturday, August 20, 2011 5:59:05 AM UTC-4, oly wrote:

Methinks that this is well within the rules of the game & hardly
deceptive.

Not as deceptive as your topic headline, for that...
Forum: Coins February 6th 11, 02:48 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 10
Posted By B.J.[_2_]
Georgia Lawmaker wants to require gold, pre 65 silver for tax payments

On Feb 3, 4:41*pm, Four Corners Tea Party wrote:

You might want to read the bill, which would answer your question. All
obligations TO or FROM the State must be paid in...
Forum: Coins February 3rd 11, 01:24 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 10
Posted By B.J.[_2_]
Georgia Lawmaker wants to require gold, pre 65 silver for tax payments

On Feb 2, 5:11*pm, Frank Provasek wrote:
Georgia state Rep. Bobby Franklin (Republican) has introduced the
“Constitutional Tender Act,” which would require all transactions...
Forum: Coins December 28th 10, 10:16 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 17
Posted By B.J.[_2_]
Cameron Kiefer committed suicide

On Dec 28, 12:09*pm, Steve wrote:
On Dec 28, 10:07*am, "X2Rider" wrote:

The PCGS message board keeps deleting messages about this, implying
Forum: Coins December 28th 10, 12:49 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 1
Posted By B.J.[_2_]
Salvation Army gets gold coin

On Dec 27, 3:24*pm, "Beanie" wrote:
I don't think a year goes by that someone doesn't drop a gold coin into a
Salvation Army...
Forum: Coins November 20th 10, 04:12 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 2
Posted By B.J.[_2_]
Are the SCWC CDs useful?

Does anyone have strong opinions on getting the Krause Standard
Catalog of World Coins catalogs on CD rather than printed?

Is it possible to take the PDF files off the CDs and use them from
your...
Forum: Coins April 15th 10, 10:09 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 4
Posted By B.J.[_2_]
Can anyone identify a coin(s) for me please?

On Apr 15, 4:37*am, Onderbaadjie wrote:
First, you will have to know about Asian Coins, it is "brass" looking,
is 2 cm across and a 5 mm hole in the center. There are...
Forum: Coins April 7th 10, 01:37 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 6
Posted By B.J.[_2_]
Coin ID

On Apr 3, 6:28*am, sterrys@ no.spam.sbcglobal.net wrote:
After paging through the usual suspects in the Standard Catalog of World
Coins I was unable to ID this coin. Any ideas ?

Forum: Coins March 8th 10, 01:37 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 42
Posted By B.J.[_2_]
Condition rarity vs numeric rarity

On Mar 7, 7:49*pm, "Scurvy Dog" wrote:
An early 50s Franklin half MS65 FBL sold for over $20K - about the same price as
a late 1790s dollar in VF.
So, for your 20...
Forum: Coins February 27th 10, 06:59 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 8
Posted By B.J.[_2_]
Set Completed

On Feb 27, 1:35*pm, "Scurvy Dog" wrote:
With the addition of a MS62 1948 Canada Dollar, my set of Canadian silver
dollars (1935-1967) is complete.
Only took me about 30...
Forum: Coins January 30th 10, 01:57 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 9
Posted By B.J.[_2_]
where do you find coin show info

On Jan 29, 10:59*pm, JHL wrote:
where do you look for coin show information? * iex *where/when/how big *etc
curious where best bang for buck is for advertising.

Primarily I...
Forum: Coins January 27th 10, 02:04 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 13
Posted By B.J.[_2_]
This wheat cent does not look right

On Jan 23, 1:44*pm, "Mr. Jaggers" lugburzman[at]yahoo[dot]com wrote:
Jan wrote:
It's an obvious punch. i can't believe it's up to $100.

The two bidders have feedbacks of 1 and 3...
Forum: Coins January 24th 10, 02:12 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 13
Posted By B.J.[_2_]
This wheat cent does not look right

On Jan 23, 12:15*pm, HeeHawkeye wrote:
I was looking at Ebay auction # 170434539530 . The '0' portion of the
date does not look right. Has anybody ever heard of a...
Forum: Coins December 30th 09, 12:52 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 6
Posted By B.J.[_2_]
Rare and Hard to Find Coins

Sashadro wrote:
If you're looking for rare or hard to find coins then http://www.coincollectormarket.com
is where you need to go. They have a large selection of coins to meet
everyone's...
Forum: Coins December 28th 09, 11:42 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 11
Posted By B.J.[_2_]
General Public's Knowledge of Our Money (Sigh)

On Dec 27, 9:54*pm, "Petronius" wrote:
So, are you saying the OP is completely full of **** and the alleged email is
entirely a work of fiction, created to back up a somewhat shaky...
Forum: Coins December 28th 09, 12:56 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 11
Posted By B.J.[_2_]
General Public's Knowledge of Our Money (Sigh)

On Dec 27, 7:09*pm, Bob wrote:

2. Most of the general public is truly clueless as to what U.S. coins look like.

I find it interesting that this person can use a computer and...
Forum: Coins December 27th 09, 11:54 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 3
Posted By B.J.[_2_]
Modern Coins of China by Kalgan Shih

On Dec 25, 6:29*am, "Mr. Jaggers" lugburzman[at]yahoo[dot]com wrote:
samsloan wrote:
"Modern Coins of China" by Kalgan Shih

Forum: Coins November 18th 09, 12:04 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 2
Posted By B.J.[_2_]
What is Ober-Hussen?

On Nov 16, 10:34*am, "Mr. Jaggers" lugburzman[at]yahoo[dot]com
wrote:
It is mentioned in this article:

Thanks for the information, and the links to investigate.
Forum: Coins November 16th 09, 02:59 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 2
Posted By B.J.[_2_]
What is Ober-Hussen?

At the end of the Standard Catalog of World Coins entry for Hesse-
Cassel in the 18th and 19th century books there is an entry for "Ober-
Hussen". The only description in the SCWC is "regional...
Forum: Coins March 15th 09, 11:56 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 6
Posted By B.J.[_2_]
Notation question for Sch¨¯n (German coins)

I've been using *Deutscher MÅ*nzkatakog18* (2008) by *Gerhard SchÇ’n* as
a resource for studying German states coins. I don't know German, but
most of the information is fairly obvious.

I do have...
Forum: Coins January 22nd 09, 01:12 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 1
Posted By B.J.[_2_]
Worth of 1939 Australian Shilling?

Keith Lee wrote:
Can anyone point me to a website that would tell me how much a 1939 King George VI Shilling Coin would be
worth? Thank you.

The 2008 Standard Catalog of World Coins lists it as...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 29