Showing results 1 to 25 of 61
Search took 0.04 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Andy
Forum: Coins July 10th 07, 06:37 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 15
Posted By Andy
Collecting Gold

The reason I buy gold as a part of my portfolio is as a hedge against
inflation. As the previous poster was saying, there are times where a
country's currency will turn to poo but gold will still...
Forum: Coins July 6th 07, 09:19 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 6
Posted By Andy
The EU, Montenegro and the Euro

A lot of countries use the US dollar or peg their currencies to it, as far
as I know it doesn't affect US monetary policy.
Andrew
"Christian Feldhaus" wrote in message...
Forum: Coins June 30th 07, 11:15 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 8
Posted By Andy
Found a quarter proof?

Thats a nice cat but I don't see no quarter.

"nnote" wrote in message
Got a '96 quarter today. But unlike usual quarters, with the flat...
Forum: Coins June 27th 07, 07:50 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 12
Posted By Andy
WTB Common Austrian coins

Many of these are available at www.coinsofeurope.com.au

International shipping starts at AU$4.00.

Andrew

"Dale Hallmark" dalehall at cableone.net wrote in message...
Forum: Coins June 20th 07, 07:32 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 15
Posted By Andy
Coin Contest Time!

I'm in!

Andrew

"PC" wrote in message
Anyone interested in a coin contest? If enough are, I will post the rules
this...
Forum: Coins June 18th 07, 11:27 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins,misc.survivalism,alt.survival
Replies: 7
Posted By Andy
Currency Intervention... When Else Did It Happen?

wrote in message
In misc.survivalism
wrote:

Anyway, last...
Forum: Coins June 12th 07, 08:12 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 62
Posted By Andy
Is the end of the U.S. Nickel near?

More jobs and raw materials come at a price and it would be the consumer of
junk food that would ultimately pay for it. Hey, maybe thats a good thing,
might help reduce obesity and diet related...
Forum: Coins June 12th 07, 07:45 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 62
Posted By Andy
Is the end of the U.S. Nickel near?

How would the poor be screwed from eliminating the nickel. We have gotten
rid of the 5 cent coin here in Australia and you either round down for 2 or
7 cents, or round up for 3 or 8 cents. Many...
Forum: Coins June 11th 07, 01:42 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 62
Posted By Andy
Is the end of the U.S. Nickel near?

Yeah, if I was living in the US, I would be buying junk nickel at 50% of
melt value and leave it for when the coins are made redundant (and
presumably the law changed). If enough people do it,...
Forum: Coins June 4th 07, 12:44 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 6
Posted By Andy
free listing of coins at usacoinauctions

If you are powersellers on ebay, why are there only 3 coins for auction on
the entire site? Surely just your listings would come to a lot more than
that.

Andrew
wrote in...
Forum: Coins May 28th 07, 01:09 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 33
Posted By Andy
Coin selling guide..1890, 1799, 1804 and 1875

Actually, just having a look at the 1804 dollar in my catalogue, there are
only 15 known so it is very, very, very unlikely yours is genuine. If it is
well you'd probably be a millionare but I...
Forum: Coins May 28th 07, 01:04 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 33
Posted By Andy
Coin selling guide..1890, 1799, 1804 and 1875

If you've got a scanner, scan the coins, put them on a free file hosting
site (google free picture hosting or something) the post a link to them in
this group. Or, give your opinion as to the...
Forum: Coins May 22nd 07, 02:08 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 1
Posted By Andy
A multitude of European Coins old and not so old

I've now started listing some of these on ebay, more will be listed in
coming days and weeks. Offers for lots or single coins will still be...
Forum: Coins May 16th 07, 10:39 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 1
Posted By Andy
FS: A multitude of European Coins old and not so old

Hi everyone,
If you've been following the group you will have seen that I have been
trying to sell the entire inventory of my website www.coinsofeurope.com.au.
Unfortunately I havn't received any...
Forum: Coins May 13th 07, 01:57 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 6
Posted By Andy
Coin show in Australia?

Yeah, I can't imagine little old Adelaide having much in the way of coin
shows, I think there's only about 2 or 3 proper coin shops and they don't
sell much thats of interest to me. Might try to...
Forum: Coins May 10th 07, 11:22 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 6
Posted By Andy
Coin show in Australia?

I'm near Adelaide but willing to travel on holidays. Where would I find out
about when these are on, have done a bit of a web search but can't seem to
find any of them.

Thanks,

"Jeff R."...
Forum: Coins May 10th 07, 12:40 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 6
Posted By Andy
Coin show in Australia?

Hi there,
Does anyone know if there are any coin shows in Australia coming up this
year? I've never heard of any around here but would like to be able to go
to one sometime maybe as a present to...
Forum: Coins May 10th 07, 08:55 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 41
Posted By Andy
Contest to celebrate my new job!

Here's mine:

http://www.coinsofeurope.com.au/hosting/Prussia3Mark1913.jpg

It is a 1913 3 Mark coin from Prussia, commemorates 100 years of the defeat
of Napoleon. I like it because of the...
Forum: Coins May 6th 07, 01:08 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 2
Posted By Andy
1787 Schlewig-Holstein 1 Sch copper, ends Sun May 6

Hi there,
How can international bidders pay? Do you accept paypal or would I have to
send you cash in an envelope (I should be able to dig up some US$
somewhere).
Thanks,
Andrew

"Stardancer"...
Forum: Coins May 5th 07, 02:15 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 8
Posted By Andy
Yet another new grading company...

Thinking about it, it wouldn't be too hard to buy some slabs, create some
fancy looking name and label and slab a whole lot of coins (real or fake)
with high grades.

"M K"...
Forum: Coins May 3rd 07, 12:43 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 14
Posted By Andy
Found a 1792 Half Disme

"Edwin Johnston" wrote in message
Dave Hinz wrote:
On 2 May 2007 20:57:06 -0500, Sid H. wrote:
Check this...
Forum: Coins April 29th 07, 03:52 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 2
Posted By Andy
My Austrian Coin, want list

Some of these coins are for sale on my website, www.coinsofeurope.com.au
Unfortunately the entire inventory is currently up for auction on ebay but
if you let me know the ones you still require I...
Forum: Coins April 28th 07, 06:49 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 0
Posted By Andy
FA: Coins of Europe entire coin inventory - over 2400 coins!

Up for auction for the second time, this time I am starting at 99 cents with
a reserve price - highest bidder gets to negotiate price if reserve is not
met.

For auction:

The entire coin...
Forum: Coins April 24th 07, 05:43 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 10
Posted By Andy
Does this toning look OK?

The fact that the seller doesn't even mention the toning anywhere in the
auction would ring alarm bells, obviously they don't want to highlight the
toning because it is not real. If it were real...
Forum: Coins April 23rd 07, 12:58 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 2
Posted By Andy
Slabbing in Australia

Hi all,
I live in Australia and am wanting to get some coins slabbed through NGC or
PCGS. What I am wondering is what the best way of going about it is and
whether any other Australians have...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 61