Showing results 1 to 25 of 154
Search took 0.35 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Bob
Forum: Coins April 15th 12, 01:22 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 3
Posted By Bob
Romolo

On Saturday, April 14, 2012 3:32:34 PM UTC-5, Romolo D`Onofrio wrote:
Just finishing betting on a 1945 $1 silver coin. l am just wondering who
to take this to get it graded? lt is in ms state....
Forum: Coins February 27th 12, 12:42 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 0
Posted By Bob
Rather Obvious Shill Bidder

I bid on a small lot of medieval coins on eBay Germany and was
considering increasing my bid until I studied my competition: 2,561
bids in last 30 days, on 326 different items, 100% with this...
Forum: Coins November 5th 11, 01:02 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 10
Posted By Bob
Is the U.S. Mint Breaking the Law?

According to the U.S. Mint website, the gold American Eagle coins are
required by law to be minted from gold newly-mined in the United
States:...
Forum: Coins September 7th 11, 06:37 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 3
Posted By Bob
1776 American Liberty Coin

On Sep 6, 1:08*pm, Liz Young wrote:
I found this coin in my dad's stuff. *Can anyone tell me about it or
if it's worth anything. *I posted pictures in my profile. *If...
Forum: Coins April 20th 11, 03:11 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 3
Posted By Bob
Madagascar?

On Apr 19, 1:04*pm, pindborg wrote:
Hi

I have recently bought a cut 8 reales, and the coin dealer said that
it was used on Madagascar, but I can't find any reference to...
Forum: Coins February 4th 11, 09:27 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 41
Posted By Bob
This is the most absurd thing I have ever seen...

On Feb 4, 2:11*pm, "Beanie" wrote:
"MKW" wrote in message

The advertised piece...
Forum: Coins January 22nd 11, 05:06 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 3
Posted By Bob
News on 1099 Reporting

On Jan 21, 6:03*pm, Frank Provasek wrote:
I am sure a lot of doctors, attorneys, consultants, and commercial
real estate rental owners are happy, because that's type of...
Forum: Coins October 19th 10, 02:06 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 2
Posted By Bob
New Variety of 1839 Large Cent Discovered by Metal Detector Enthusiast

http://www.masslive.com/news/index.ssf/2010/10/old_coins_found_in_westfie.html
Forum: Coins October 5th 10, 04:20 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 2
Posted By Bob
Can anyone ID this token or coin?

On Oct 3, 8:37*pm, Duh_OZ wrote:
If the image links require a log-in, don't bother. *They *should* work
without needing to.

Posted on a MD forum and found on property a...
Forum: Coins July 22nd 10, 03:52 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 8
Posted By Bob
Boston area motels -- any suggestions?

On Jul 21, 5:57*pm, "Nick Knight" wrote:
In , on 07/18/2010
* *at 03:19 PM, "Michael Benveniste" said:

P.S. *If...
Forum: Coins July 5th 10, 12:32 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 2
Posted By Bob
1536 COIN: BARBAROSSA CORSAIR KING OF ALGIERS?

On Jul 4, 6:59*am, spooworks wrote:
I found an old coin dated 1536 with the image of BARBAROSSA CORSAIR
KING OF ALGIERS.
Could anyone give me more information regarding...
Forum: Coins June 14th 10, 10:14 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 1
Posted By Bob
another ID please....

On Jun 9, 8:32*pm, "celtex" wrote:
I found this item at an old boy scout camp.http://www.findmall.com/read.php?40,1221224

Is it real? If not why both sides of coin...
Forum: Coins May 20th 10, 04:52 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 4
Posted By Bob
My latest PCGS adventure

On May 19, 6:46*pm, "Mr. Jaggers" lugburzman[at]yahoo[dot]com wrote:
Last year about this time I submitted an 1864 three cent silver to PCGS for
grading as a circulation strike. *It came back...
Forum: Coins February 6th 10, 06:51 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 1
Posted By Bob
Dutch lion dollar

On Feb 5, 10:49*am, Reid Goldsborough
wrote:
A. Delmonte in his 1967 standard reference The Silver Benelux assigned a
date of 1597 to an undated lion dollar from Campen...
Forum: Coins January 23rd 10, 06:45 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 13
Posted By Bob
This wheat cent does not look right

On Jan 23, 11:15*am, HeeHawkeye wrote:
I was looking at Ebay auction # 170434539530 . The '0' portion of the
date does not look right. Has anybody ever heard of a...
Forum: Coins December 28th 09, 01:09 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 11
Posted By Bob
General Public's Knowledge of Our Money (Sigh)

My name and email address appear on a numismatic website (please don't
look for it!), and I get inquiries every now and then regarding the
value of OPA red points or other oddball items. Today I...
Forum: Coins December 19th 09, 12:53 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 59
Posted By Bob
Numismatist on whizzing

On Dec 18, 11:23*am, "Bruce Remick" wrote:
"Reid Goldsborough" wrote in message

snipped

In...
Forum: Coins November 19th 09, 01:09 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 1
Posted By Bob
Detecting False Coins With Mouse Sensors

On Nov 17, 11:13*pm, "Arizona Coin Collector"
wrote:
FROM:http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2009/11/detecting-false-coins-with-mouse-se...

Detecting False Coins With Mouse...
Forum: Coins October 25th 09, 06:52 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 3
Posted By Bob
What's wrong with this picture?

On Oct 24, 6:19*pm, oly wrote:
On Oct 24, 4:45*pm, "Mr. Jaggers" lugburzman[at]yahoo[dot]com wrote:

See if you can guess. *In the November 2, 2009 issue of Coin World,...
Forum: Coins September 14th 09, 07:04 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 16
Posted By Bob
Another Book Question: COB References?

On Sep 12, 3:02*pm, oly wrote:
On Sep 12, 1:07*pm, "Mr. Jaggers" lugburzman[at]yahoo[dot]com wrote:

Nick Knight wrote:
In
Forum: Coins July 29th 09, 11:44 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 2
Posted By Bob
Gold exchange files bankruptcy, faces lawsuit over coins

On Jul 29, 9:15�am, "Arizona Coin Collector"
wrote:
FROM:http://www2.tbo.com/content/2009/jul/29/gold-exchange-files-bankruptc...

Gold exchange files bankruptcy, faces...
Forum: Coins July 12th 09, 12:41 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 19
Posted By Bob
Help with an old coin ID

On Jul 10, 8:53�am, winterwolfes wrote:
On Jul 10, 8:59�am, oly wrote:

On Jul 10, 7:55�am, oly wrote:

On...
Forum: Coins July 10th 09, 02:05 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 19
Posted By Bob
Help with an old coin ID

On Jul 10, 7:55�am, "Mr. Jaggers" lugburzman[at]yahoo[dot]com wrote:
winterwolfes wrote:
I've had this coin since I was a kid. My grandfather gave it to me, I
think. I've scoured the...
Forum: Coins June 29th 09, 01:53 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 7
Posted By Bob
When in the process does the reeded edge get put on the USQuarter

On Jun 28, 6:08�pm, "celtex" wrote:
I am a metal detectorist and I found in the "clad" an '83 that has a smooth
edge that looks to never have been reeded. Just...
Forum: Coins May 4th 09, 01:49 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 22
Posted By Bob
Identify coin in a different language

On May 3, 7:40�pm, "Mr. Jaggers" lugburzman[at]yahoo[dot]com wrote:
GO ILLINI wrote:
Could you identify the coin described on this page:
http://adamsworld.name/mystery_coin.php
All...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 154