Showing results 1 to 25 of 158
Search took 0.19 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Bill Dukenfield
Forum: Coins March 14th 08, 12:12 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 14
Posted By Bill Dukenfield
storing coins

Reid Goldsborough wrote:

On Wed, 12 Mar 2008 15:32:45 -0400, "robert esposito"
wrote:

Whats the best way to store silver or any coins?

Do a Web search for...
Forum: Coins March 12th 08, 10:15 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 14
Posted By Bill Dukenfield
storing coins

robert esposito wrote:

Whats the best way to store silver or any...
Forum: Coins March 7th 08, 10:47 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 28
Posted By Bill Dukenfield
CAC?

PC wrote:

Apparently having a coin graded and slabbed by PCGS still is not enough.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=36002845989

Has this CAC thing been around long? ...
Forum: Coins March 3rd 08, 07:43 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 27
Posted By Bill Dukenfield
Taking pictures of coins

"note.boy" wrote:

"dave a" wrote in message
This may have already been covered previously, if so please point me to a
Forum: Coins March 2nd 08, 07:14 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 22
Posted By Bill Dukenfield
Warning about NTC slabs

Jon Purkey wrote:

On Sun, 02 Mar 2008 15:14:13 GMT, "note.boy"
wrote:

"Bill Dukenfield" wrote in message
Forum: Coins March 2nd 08, 03:18 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins,alt.marketing.online.ebay
Replies: 19
Posted By Bill Dukenfield
Ebay treats Canadaian Coin Sellers Unfairly

Don wrote:

EBay introduced a policy that prohibited me from listing ICCS graded coins,
or describing coins using official Canadian Numismatic Assoc numerical
grades and accepted price guide...
Forum: Coins March 2nd 08, 03:04 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 22
Posted By Bill Dukenfield
Warning about NTC slabs

"note.boy" wrote:

Anyone who thinks that the microscopic difference between an MS64 and MS67
makes a coin worth a huge amount of money more is a fool just begging to be
ripped off.

Buy...
Forum: Coins February 26th 08, 09:25 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 2
Posted By Bill Dukenfield
February 25, 1862 Legal Tender Act passed

scottishmoney wrote:

"Bill Dukenfield" wrote in message
February 25, 1862
Legal Tender Act passed

The U.S....
Forum: Coins February 26th 08, 07:02 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 0
Posted By Bill Dukenfield
February 28, 1878 Silver rebounds

February 28, 1878
Silver rebounds
Proponents of silver-based currency had a rough go of it during the
early 1870s, as legislators rebuffed their push for the free coinage of
silver. However, the...
Forum: Coins February 26th 08, 06:42 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 2
Posted By Bill Dukenfield
February 25, 1862 Legal Tender Act passed

February 25, 1862
Legal Tender Act passed

The U.S. Congress passes the Legal Tender Act, authorizing the use of
paper notes to pay the government's...
Forum: Coins February 25th 08, 01:39 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 11
Posted By Bill Dukenfield
Queen Portraits - Standardised?

"Roßert G. Schaffrath" wrote:

Coffee's For Closers wrote:
Do all the Commonwealth countries' notes and coins have the same
portrait in any particular year of issue?

Canada is using...
Forum: Coins February 20th 08, 09:46 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 19
Posted By Bill Dukenfield
Ebay Boycott listing count dropping

JHL wrote:

Listing count is skewed because of the special listing day ebay ran
last week, but listings are dropping fast. the site below shows a
graph of listings.

Forum: Coins February 20th 08, 03:56 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 10
Posted By Bill Dukenfield
When the credit cards stop working...

dissatisfied wrote:

Using these would hopefully be not enough to get undue
attention but enough to keep the family fed.
Thoughts? Any better candidates for this sort of protection?

Forum: Coins February 19th 08, 11:32 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 10
Posted By Bill Dukenfield
When the credit cards stop working...

Honus wrote:

"bullandbearwise" wrote in message
Having watched the U.S. dollar credit...
Forum: Coins February 19th 08, 11:30 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 13
Posted By Bill Dukenfield
Selling "bullion" silver coins

Bob Johnson wrote:

The "local" coin dealer quoted a price of $10.50 per $1.00 face value
to purchase these at today's rate. He is selling at about that rate
plus $2.50.

not local...
Forum: Coins February 19th 08, 11:26 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 6
Posted By Bill Dukenfield
Coin Price Comparison 1987-2008

"note.boy" wrote:

This illustrates quite well why I always say never buy from a dealer who
mentions the word "investment".

Not really. The rare and exceptional nice coins increased in...
Forum: Coins February 19th 08, 11:23 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 16
Posted By Bill Dukenfield
The Penny -- National Public Radio (Market Place Story)

Phil DeMayo wrote:

On Mon, 18 Feb 2008 19:10:19 -0700, "Arizona Coin Collector"
wrote:

I totally disagree with Dan Drezner remarks in getting
rid of the Penny. If...
Forum: Coins February 17th 08, 04:33 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 10
Posted By Bill Dukenfield
RON PAUL --- Tax-Free Gold Act of 2008

dissatisfied wrote:

In no time at all we
will have the kind of country a wealthy elite will love
Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness for them that can afford it
and work for mere...
Forum: Coins February 17th 08, 03:27 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 1
Posted By Bill Dukenfield
Coin caper yields 4 arrests --- Florida

Arizona Coin Collector wrote:

Hello

The web link has a photo showing the bags
of Coins. I have been thinking of getting
a very large "fireproof" safe depsit box
for home once my Bank...
Forum: Coins February 17th 08, 03:10 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 10
Posted By Bill Dukenfield
RON PAUL --- Tax-Free Gold Act of 2008

Peter wrote:

On Feb 16, 5:11 pm, "PC" wrote:
Arizona Coin Collector wrote about Ron Paul:
*snip*

The more I read about this guy the more I like him. ...
Forum: Coins February 16th 08, 04:52 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins

PC wrote:

Arizona Coin Collector wrote about Ron Paul:
*snip*

The more I read about this guy the more I like him. I was really
disappointed in the last Republican debate I watched. It...
Forum: Coins February 14th 08, 04:35 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 6
Posted By Bill Dukenfield
Grading a raw 1908 Gold Quarter Eagle from images

Jim Seymour wrote:

Whata Fool wrote:
Maybe I should have had it slabbed, I inherited this coin
and am not interested in owning high premium coins so I put
it on ebay starting...
Forum: Coins February 10th 08, 11:56 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 88
Posted By Bill Dukenfield
SS#

What's your social security number?
Forum: Coins February 7th 08, 12:51 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 6
Posted By Bill Dukenfield
"Greysheet" for world?

wrote:

I know that there are considerably more world coins than US and that
there is no way to get a grey "sheet", but there has to be some kind
of managed list...
Forum: Coins February 5th 08, 03:55 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 2
CDN
Posted By Bill Dukenfield
CDN