Showing results 1 to 13 of 13
Search took 0.22 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Jan-Martin Hertzsch[_2_]
Forum: General Discussion December 11th 11, 10:41 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 0
A game everyone can play

On 05/12/11 21:45, wrote:

... I think I have received mail from Germany and Belgium in the past
4-6 years with either only pre-Euro stamps or wich mixed pre-Euro and
Forum: General Discussion November 4th 11, 05:44 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 2
Q: Perforations of modern US definitives

On 31/10/11 22:41, Terry Reedy wrote:

'My catalog'?

Michel 1995. Not the most up-to-date, I know ...

Scott 2593 is 10x10; Scott 2593B, also black and apparently same issue
date, is...
Forum: General Discussion October 30th 11, 08:59 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 2
Q: Perforations of modern US definitives

Dear collector friends,
I have got two questions regarding perforations or die-cuts of
modern US definitives:

1) When sorting some 29 c "Flag with pledge of allegiance" stamps
with black value and...
Forum: General Discussion January 22nd 11, 10:02 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 12
Questions on modern Chinese stamps

On 16/01/11 11:34, Richard wrote:

Red cancellations
These are not very common. Can you post a scan for us to see? I maybe
able to read the postmark. I do have a postcard that I posted from
Forum: General Discussion January 15th 11, 09:46 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 12
Questions on modern Chinese stamps

On 10/01/11 13:30, Richard wrote:

The UV numbers that appear on Chinese stamps are identical for all the
stamps on the sheet. According to some Chinese websites, these numbers
serve as an anti...
Forum: General Discussion January 7th 11, 09:08 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 12
Questions on modern Chinese stamps

On 03/01/11 23:58, rod allan wrote:

(regarding numbers and letters on Chinese stamps)

They are automatic dot matrix cancellers
when going through the sorting route.

No, I am fairly certain...
Forum: General Discussion January 3rd 11, 08:44 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 12
Questions on modern Chinese stamps

On 03/01/11 11:42, Blair (TC) wrote:

could you please post a scan online, for us to examine?

You mean, of the stamps with the figures and letters?
It might take a while until I get hold of a...
Forum: General Discussion January 1st 11, 10:36 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 12
Questions on modern Chinese stamps

When sorting a few modern (1990s/2000s) definitives from
the PR China, I noticed that some of them were overprinted
in fluorescent ink with a series of numbers (varying from
stamp to stamp) followed...
Forum: General Discussion November 27th 09, 07:55 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 13
Germany Briefzentrum/postcode correlation

malcolm wrote:
... am now starting
to identify the 4-figure W.German postmarks ( the bulk of my
collection ) for inclusion in the appropriate place.

There is a conversion page at...
Forum: General Discussion November 21st 09, 10:00 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 13
Germany Briefzentrum/postcode correlation

malcolm wrote:

... In what circumstances are the 5-digit
"town" postmarks used in preference to the "area" marks? Is it that
mail within 1 area is postmarked locally whereas inter-area and
Forum: General Discussion November 13th 09, 07:26 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 13
Germany Briefzentrum/postcode correlation

malcolm wrote:
Can someone please confirm or deny my assumption that the number on
"Briefzentrum" postmarks corresponds with the first 2 digits on the 5-
digit "town" postmarks.

Confirm.

Forum: General Discussion October 23rd 09, 08:32 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 10
Its Cinderella time. East German Red Cross.

rodney wrote:
Valerian.
http://cjoint.com/data/kippGMmmVp.htm

I remember that these labels were sold in sheets of
maybe 12 or 20 different ones. There were also sheets
depicting various...
Forum: General Discussion October 23rd 09, 08:29 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 11
ID Sundry flotsam and jetsam.

rodney wrote:
http://cjoint.com/data/kddPTmhxLU.htm

In case anyone recoginises any of these.

If it is of any help, the first two seem to be cut-outs
from entires (envelopes with pre-printed...
Showing results 1 to 13 of 13