Posted By mz
noob question on ink flow after cleaning

Adam Funk wrote:
On 2007-02-14, j. fabian wrote:

Is there any ink that's both suitable for fountain pens and resistant
to rain and wet hands?
There is no waterproof fountain pen ink....
Forum: Pens & Pencils January 24th 07, 01:39 AM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 7
Posted By mz
Cheap fountain with flexy nib?

bryanska wrote:
OK, can anyone recommend a NEW pen that will be flexy, straight out of
the box, for less than $50?

Nope, can't be done. NEW pens with flexy nibs don't exist. There are
some...
Forum: Pens & Pencils December 27th 06, 12:17 AM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 9
Posted By mz
Modern pen?

User1014 wrote:
I guess it would be less offensive to real masters of the art of
penmanship if I change my statement to say I write using an alphabet
that closely resembles that of Copperplate,...
Forum: Pens & Pencils December 22nd 06, 12:03 PM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 29
Posted By mz
Large reservoir fountain pen recommendations?

wrote:
Brian Ketterling wrote:
1 cc = 1 ml, and for what it's worth, with water that volume weighs (or has
a mass of) 1 g.

Wait, but isn't that only at a certain degree...
Forum: Pens & Pencils December 4th 06, 04:38 AM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 29
Posted By mz
Large reservoir fountain pen recommendations?

wrote:

snip

Any suggestions for a very large reservoir, fine to very fine tip nib
fountain pen? Slightly oversized pen is likely fine, but very
expensive ain't (again,...
Forum: Pens & Pencils December 3rd 06, 05:34 PM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 10
Posted By mz
Newbie question about handwriting

Rashomon wrote:

All this is a long way of saying, if you have trouble writing legible
cursive, you might be interested in Lloyd Reynolds' little book
Calligraphy, which should still be...
Forum: Pens & Pencils December 3rd 06, 03:36 AM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 10
Posted By mz
Newbie question about handwriting

John B. Egger wrote:

Curtis,

What were those books that taught the cursive writing that I (and I
guess you) learned in the early 1950s? Others have reported that was
probably the...
Forum: Pens & Pencils November 17th 06, 01:41 AM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 61
Posted By mz
Storing fountain pens with ink in them?

virgiliopoeta wrote:

I have noticed that pens stored nib-up, whatever their seal, require to
be soaked periodically in order to maintain their proper ink flow. I do
not see how any other...
Forum: Pens & Pencils November 14th 06, 04:55 AM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 61
Posted By mz
Storing fountain pens with ink in them?

Hi Virgil,

I've been following this thread and thinking about some of the
points raised. I'm not a cognoscente nor am I part of the
intelligentsia but would like to contribute some...
Forum: Pens & Pencils November 11th 06, 05:04 AM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 2
Posted By mz
Pelikan Level and 4001 inks

BL wrote:

Hi Mark,
AFAIK, the ink is the same. The difference is in the design of the
bottle. The Level ink bottle is built to fit onto the back of the
Level pen. -- B

Hi B,
Forum: Pens & Pencils November 10th 06, 08:35 PM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 2
Posted By mz
Pelikan Level and 4001 inks

Does anyone know if Pelikan Level inks are the same as the 4001
inks? If not, what's the difference?

TIA,
Mark Z.
Forum: Pens & Pencils August 14th 06, 02:41 PM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 8
Posted By mz
News from Platinum Pen's North American distributor.

Giovanni Abrate wrote:
No, butthe original one was (is).
NASA, like most US Government Agencies, needed a second source and Fisher
was forced to license the technology to other companies. I...
Forum: Pens & Pencils August 6th 06, 03:39 AM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 6
Posted By mz
Newbi Quest No. 912, What to Expect from the The Washington,DC Fountain Pen SuperShow

wrote:

My concern is that the website that is promoting the show is quite
possibly the worse, most unorganized site I have EVER seen. The kids
on myspace have better...
Forum: Pens & Pencils July 18th 06, 09:23 AM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 12
Posted By mz
Newbie Quetion No. 4.3- Resin, Celluloid, what the heck?

BL wrote:

snip

The "precious
resin" pens made by Montblanc are mass produced via injection molding.
Celluloid pens (such as those made by OMAS) are produced in much smaller
quantities...
Forum: Pens & Pencils July 13th 06, 03:06 AM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 7
Posted By mz
High Quality Pens with excellent, flexible points?

jon fabian wrote:

FWIW the venerable Waterman 52 (and the slightly larger but equally
venerable 55) in simple BCHR is an excellent inexpensive pen with an
unbelievable nib. The #2 14K nib...
Forum: Pens & Pencils July 6th 06, 06:01 PM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 1
Posted By mz
Parker Pen email needed

I went to their home page. The email address comes up blank when I
click on the link for "e-mail us." That's a pretty clever way to
avoid customer service if you ask me. ;0) Anybody have Parker's...
Forum: Pens & Pencils July 4th 06, 02:17 AM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 7
Posted By mz
High Quality Pens with excellent, flexible points?

Bluesea wrote:
"Aaron Hsu" wrote in message

snip

those most of the time, but for those times when I need to...
Showing results 1 to 17 of 17