Showing results 1 to 25 of 314
Search took 1.16 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Michael G. Koerner
Forum: Coins January 30th 10, 09:35 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 43
Posted By Michael G. Koerner
Are 2008-2009 nickels scarce?

george pearl wrote:
I'VE never received one in my change yet and short of buying a case of
jeffersons and searching the lot, I'm not sure that they are out
there. Does anyone have any...
Forum: Coins January 19th 10, 01:27 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 4
Posted By Michael G. Koerner
Fun Show 2010 - New Location in 2011?

Ken Barr wrote:
In article ,
"Mr. Jaggers" lugburzman[at]yahoo[dot]com wrote:

Nick Knight wrote:
[snip]
Next year's show apparently will be in...
Forum: Coins December 8th 09, 12:20 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 63
Posted By Michael G. Koerner
Reverse design of 2010 Sac

Guys, behave! I started a thread asking for opinions on the latest goodies
from the USMint, not to start a flamewar, OK?

--
___________________________________________ ____ ...
Forum: Coins December 7th 09, 02:26 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins

In case anyone didn't yet notice, the USMint has unveiled the design for the
2010 Sac.

It is at:
http://www.usmint.gov/mint_programs/nativeamerican/?action=2010NADesign

I actually kind of like...
Forum: Coins December 2nd 09, 04:34 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 30
Posted By Michael G. Koerner
President Dollar Question

Bruce Remick wrote:

Beer, wine and most grocery purchases can be/ should be taken care of
with paper money; most eating out at restaurants is paper money too;
gasoline is usually debit card...
Forum: Coins October 20th 09, 12:58 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 12
Posted By Michael G. Koerner
Is It True?

B H wrote:
Are they coming out with a new penny?

Any Brits in the crowd able to answer this one?

--
___________________________________________ ____ _______________
Regards, ...

shreadvector wrote:
On Sep 21, 3:04 pm, George D wrote:
Arizona Coin Collector wrote:

"shreadvector" wrote in message
Forum: Coins September 6th 09, 04:24 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins,uk.rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 2
Posted By Michael G. Koerner
My fist 2009 coin in change

Tony Clayton wrote:
"Meerkat1" wrote in message
At the "Giant" grocery today. Received a 2009 P Dist of Columbia...
Forum: Coins August 29th 09, 06:03 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 144
Posted By Michael G. Koerner
$1 coin chances now

Mr. Jaggers wrote:
Bruce Remick wrote:

As I recall, the Little Red Hen toiled for "hers" and didn't feel
guilty when her...
Forum: Coins August 28th 09, 12:44 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 144
Posted By Michael G. Koerner
$1 coin chances now

Any thoughts on the chances of the USA dropping the $1 banknote within the
next few years now that one of their biggest champions (Edward M. Kennedy,
D-MA) is no longer in the USSenate?

--...
Forum: Coins August 10th 09, 05:47 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 4
Posted By Michael G. Koerner
Roll of Bicentennial Quarters

Jerry Dennis wrote:
On Aug 9, 3:15 pm, Jud wrote:
SteveH wrote:
I have a roll of bicentennial quarters(mixed P & D) that are in
circulated condition I am looking to...
Forum: Coins July 31st 09, 08:26 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 10
Posted By Michael G. Koerner
Found in change

Frank Galikanokus wrote:
"Michael G. Koerner" wrote:
Frank Galikanokus wrote:
PC wrote:
Acquired from a Burger King purchase a new 2009 Lincoln Cent with the
formative years...
Forum: Coins July 31st 09, 06:36 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 10
Posted By Michael G. Koerner
Found in change

Frank Galikanokus wrote:
PC wrote:
Acquired from a Burger King purchase a new 2009 Lincoln Cent with the
formative years reverse. It is shiny but has some black crud around
the rim...
Forum: Coins July 31st 09, 03:45 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 23
Posted By Michael G. Koerner
Ronald Reagan Commemorative Coin Act of 2009 (Introduced in House)

Mr. Jaggers wrote:
Jerry Dennis wrote:
On Jul 30, 11:43?am, "Mr. Jaggers" lugburzman[at]yahoo[dot]com
wrote:
Arizona Coin Collector wrote:
"Jerry Dennis" wrote...
Forum: Coins July 15th 09, 01:51 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 9
Posted By Michael G. Koerner
$1 US coin

Dave Allured wrote:
shreadvector wrote:
On Jul 13, 10:49 am, "Mr. Jaggers" lugburzman[at]yahoo[dot]com
wrote:
PC wrote:
"Mr. Jaggers" lugburzman[at]yahoo[dot]com wrote in...
Forum: Coins July 14th 09, 02:03 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 6
Posted By Michael G. Koerner
United Future World Currency

Arizona Coin Collector wrote:
United Future World Currency

http://www.futureworldcurrency.com/

This coin was introduce at the G8 Summit.

Your thoughts on this?

'He who has the gold...
Forum: Coins June 27th 09, 02:32 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 4
Posted By Michael G. Koerner
Presidential dollar on a keychain?

Reid Goldsborough wrote:
Anybody here use a Presidential dollar on a keychain?

I have a holed Sac that I got in change a few years ago on my keychain. Does
that count?

--...
Forum: Coins June 13th 09, 03:24 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 2
Posted By Michael G. Koerner
Fake $1 coins passed at SJ rummage sale

Arizona Coin Collector wrote:
FROM:
http://www.heraldpalladium.com/articles/2009/06/12/features/578200.txt

Fake $1 coins passed at SJ rummage sale

By LOUISE WREGE - H-P Correspondent
Forum: Coins June 10th 09, 04:33 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 7
Posted By Michael G. Koerner
Counterfeit money factory uncovered

Tony Clayton wrote:
In a recent message "Beast of Burden" wrote:

"Arizona Coin Collector" wrote in message
Forum: Coins June 6th 09, 03:21 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 4
Posted By Michael G. Koerner
Thursday circulation finds

I stopped in Downtown Appleton, WI for lunch on Friday, 2009-06-04, parked in
a city parking ramp (cost $1 to enter, park as long as one wants), put a $20
FRN into the toll machine and among the 19...
Forum: Coins June 3rd 09, 05:33 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 74
Posted By Michael G. Koerner
MInty fresh early state quarters

Jerry Dennis wrote:
On Jun 2, 5:42�pm, "Michael G. Koerner" wrote:
mazorj wrote:

[welcome snippage]

And what does all of this CRAP have to do with the fact that...
Forum: Coins June 2nd 09, 10:42 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 74
Posted By Michael G. Koerner
MInty fresh early state quarters

mazorj wrote:

[welcome snippage]

And what does all of this CRAP have to do with the fact that I'm seeing oodles
and oodles of minty-fresh earlier design state quarters circulating here in NE...
Forum: Coins May 31st 09, 04:22 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 74
Posted By Michael G. Koerner
MInty fresh early state quarters

I'm noticing a lot more 'minty fresh' older state quarters in circulation
around here in NE Wisconsin in recent months, likely a combination of people
turning their hoards loose and the...
Forum: Coins May 19th 09, 02:03 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 10
Posted By Michael G. Koerner
John Tyler Presidential $1 coin release ceremony

mazorj wrote:

Right. Problem was, my head cashier kept trying to expedite the Prez $1
for me but didn't have any success because the head office couldn't be
bothered. It took its sweet...
Forum: Coins May 1st 09, 08:36 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 48
Posted By Michael G. Koerner
Coin World: Mint to stop circ. strike 5 & 10 cent coins for 2009

Bob F. wrote:
Due to a lack of demand, the Mint is going to stop minting circulation
strike dimes and nickels for 2009.
The striking of the special Lincoln cents and Territory quarters will
Showing results 1 to 25 of 314