Showing results 1 to 25 of 51
Search took 0.08 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Juhapekka Tolvanen
Forum: Pens & Pencils November 16th 07, 03:35 AM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 0
Posted By Juhapekka Tolvanen
My second attempt with orange inks: Caran d'Ache Colors of the Earth Saffron

You can see sample of it he

http://freenet-homepage.de/pensninks/CDA/CDA.html

I am getting closer to perfect orange ink. This is good enough, already.
But I can imagine even better orange ink....
Forum: Pens & Pencils October 14th 07, 01:32 AM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 4
Posted By Juhapekka Tolvanen
modern eyedropper fountain pens

MatthewK writes:

As far as I know my choices for modern pens is: Kaweco ED from Swisher,
Recife Crystal, and a Wality 69L ED.

Also David Oscarson and Danitrio make...
Forum: Pens & Pencils August 3rd 07, 11:11 PM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 9
Posted By Juhapekka Tolvanen
Gel Refill for Montblanc Rollerball?

Juhapekka Tolvanen writes:

"Brian Ketterling"
writes:

In ,
Forum: Pens & Pencils August 3rd 07, 10:49 PM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 9
Posted By Juhapekka Tolvanen
Gel Refill for Montblanc Rollerball?

"Brian Ketterling"
writes:

In ,
Juhapekka Tolvanen wrote:

Take...
Forum: Pens & Pencils July 29th 07, 07:58 PM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 9
Posted By Juhapekka Tolvanen
Gel Refill for Montblanc Rollerball?

Ray writes:

I'd liked to convert my Montblanc rollerball into a gel ball. I like
the rollerball, but I like gel balls even better. Is there a gel
refill that fits a...
Forum: Pens & Pencils June 9th 07, 02:27 PM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 5
Posted By Juhapekka Tolvanen
Name this pen

Juan writes:

Yes, a 45. A nice pen, but no 45 was made in the 50s.

BTW, they were discontinued last year after 4 decades, so there're
plenty of them available in...
Forum: Pens & Pencils May 10th 07, 08:45 PM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 1
Posted By Juhapekka Tolvanen
Koh-I-Noor Artpen

Naddy Daddy writes:

This is my first posting. I am an illustrator located in Silver
Spring, MD and use a Koh-I-Noor "Artpen" for the majority of my
illustration...
Forum: Pens & Pencils April 19th 07, 08:06 PM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 5
Posted By Juhapekka Tolvanen
Any other Moleskine journals users here? ...

Speedmaster writes:

If not, do you have another brand you prefer?

I use just Moleskines as my notebooks. Sometimes I drool because of
notebooks of Paperblanks, but I...
Forum: Pens & Pencils March 17th 07, 09:25 PM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 12
Posted By Juhapekka Tolvanen
Water Resistant Brown Ink

"Sonny" writes:

A bright red might be just the trick to brighten up the Noodler's
Eternal Brown.

I suggest you use Noodler's Ink Fox Red for that purpose, because it...
Forum: Pens & Pencils March 17th 07, 09:22 PM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 12
Posted By Juhapekka Tolvanen
Water Resistant Brown Ink

"Sonny" writes:

Someone suggested mixing the inks. I do plan to try that. There may be
a nice compromise with a mixture of the Pelikan and the Noodler's.
I'll post the...
Forum: Pens & Pencils March 17th 07, 09:00 PM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 58
Posted By Juhapekka Tolvanen
Pelikan M1000 - How many drops does your barrel hold?

"LarryW" writes:

If I draw ink v e r y s l o w l y, my M1000 will release up to 20
drops, but the average is more like 17.

Please, remember that after that there...
Forum: Pens & Pencils March 14th 07, 07:48 PM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 2
Posted By Juhapekka Tolvanen
Online Resources for Pen Collectors?

"javawizard" writes:

I've been thinking of collecting pens for awhile - probably in a not
too-serious way. Are there any good/interesting online...
Forum: Pens & Pencils March 14th 07, 02:33 PM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 14
Posted By Juhapekka Tolvanen
difference between the two parker converters

"Brian Ketterling"
writes:

"The de-luxe piston converter (right) fits most Parker pens that take
cartridges (for example: Parker 45, 61 c/c, 65,...
Forum: Pens & Pencils March 12th 07, 08:47 PM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 12
Posted By Juhapekka Tolvanen
Water Resistant Brown Ink

"Sonny" writes:

I ordered some "Eternal Brown" which should arrive this week. But the
samples I saw of the Eternal Brown seem sort of dull and less bold
than the...
Forum: Pens & Pencils March 8th 07, 11:51 AM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 1
Posted By Juhapekka Tolvanen
Does the Lamy converter Z25 work with the safari or do you have to use Z24?

"yland45" writes:

i already bought the Z25 converter. But it says that you need the Z24
in the safari which i plan on puchasing in the near future. as far as
i can tell,...
Forum: Pens & Pencils March 6th 07, 11:51 AM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 22
Posted By Juhapekka Tolvanen
Best cheap pen. Vote now!

"yland45" writes:

How much flexibility do you get from a lamy safari/alstar/vista?

I have Lamy Vista and it has no flex at all.

--
Juhapekka "naula" Tolvanen * http colon...
Forum: Pens & Pencils March 6th 07, 11:45 AM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils

"yland45" writes:

Any suggestions on how to travel with a spare bit of ink? I dont want
to bring the whole bottle along

Why not? Why don't you do this: Buy some bottles of...
Forum: Pens & Pencils February 17th 07, 09:49 PM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 8
Posted By Juhapekka Tolvanen
Detail work - good BP or FP alternative

bob craig writes:

Thoughts and suggestions, please?

Somebody suggested Namiki/Pilot Vanishing Point, already and it seems
sensible suggestion. In addition, this might be good...
Forum: Pens & Pencils February 15th 07, 11:17 PM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 18
Posted By Juhapekka Tolvanen
noob question on ink flow after cleaning

Adam Funk writes:

Is there any ink that's both suitable for fountain pens and resistant
to rain and wet hands?

If that's all you need, there are many possibilities, but at...
Forum: Pens & Pencils January 31st 07, 11:24 AM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 23
Posted By Juhapekka Tolvanen
Slimmer Fountain Pens

" writes:

Heh heh. Sorry BL, my original question was indeed pretty ambiguous.
A friend asked me if I any knew of any fountain pens that were...
Forum: Pens & Pencils January 30th 07, 01:57 PM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 1
Posted By Juhapekka Tolvanen
Modern Users

Timur Beg writes:

So, how have your tastes changed over the years?

When I became fountain pen collector (in the end of year 2004), I
thought I'll buy only pens with as narrow...
Forum: Pens & Pencils January 26th 07, 11:39 AM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 0
Posted By Juhapekka Tolvanen
New forum: Stylophiles of Finland

Well, not quite new forum, because it was founded last summer. Anyway,
it seems some friendly soul has founded Finnish forum for discussing
about fountain...
Forum: Pens & Pencils January 20th 07, 01:45 AM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 7
Posted By Juhapekka Tolvanen
Cheap fountain with flexy nib?

"bryanska" writes:

Hi, I am looking for an affordable (sub-$50) fountain pen with a soft
nib.

You can take almost any fountain pen and send it to one of these...
Forum: Pens & Pencils January 19th 07, 02:50 AM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 59
Posted By Juhapekka Tolvanen
Waternan Hemisphere Problems

"BL" writes:

To me, bad and wrong mean the ink is of poor quality, e.g., it's prone
to grow mold, or crud precipitates out of it, or it fails to dry
quickly enough...
Forum: Pens & Pencils January 17th 07, 09:44 PM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 59
Posted By Juhapekka Tolvanen
Waternan Hemisphere Problems

j ` f writes: