Showing results 1 to 25 of 32
Search took 0.90 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Denton Taylor
Forum: Books August 12th 07, 12:38 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 7
Posted By Denton Taylor
Looking for a book publishing software

You write the book in your favorite word processing software.

When it is finshed, you lay it out in the publisher's preferred
software. Normally they might do that for you, but InDesign and...
Forum: Books July 22nd 07, 09:27 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 2
Posted By Denton Taylor
strange ebay requirement no sales out side usa anybody tell me why?

He just doesn't want to ship overseas for he comes up with this
rigamrole...

Denton

On Thu, 19 Jul 2007 11:10:26 -0500, "xxxxxx" wrote:

strange ebay requirement no sales out side...
Forum: Books June 10th 07, 05:06 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 3
Posted By Denton Taylor
The week's finds

Hey all:

Not a bad week: one library sale, one church sale, one block sale.

At the church sale, in spite of the presence of multiple dealers, I
scored a true first/first of Cold Mountain. I must...
Forum: Books April 4th 07, 11:20 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 4
Posted By Denton Taylor
Weasel-Word Listers

Greetings:

I think the listers on Amazon that do this and list 'acceptable' are
guilty of using the same description for every book. They are
high-volume listers who see books as just another...
Forum: Books March 14th 07, 12:09 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 36
Posted By Denton Taylor
Shill Bidding on eBay

On 2007-01-31 07:25:53 -0800, "
said:

I bought more than 200 eBay items...
Forum: Books March 5th 07, 03:17 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 4
Posted By Denton Taylor
George Martin "Playback"

Thanks. Send me the dollar, and I'll send you the book.

On 4 Mar 2007 15:50:38 -0800, "RF" wrote:

I'll give you $1 for it. Does that help?
Forum: Books March 5th 07, 03:16 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 4
Posted By Denton Taylor
George Martin "Playback"

THx, I saw that, and am in touch with the seller to buy it.

Denton

On Mon, 05 Mar 2007 02:12:25 GMT, "Chris Charles"
wrote:

A copy of the prospectus for the 2002...
Forum: Books March 5th 07, 12:17 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 4
Posted By Denton Taylor
George Martin "Playback"

Hey all:

Trying to get a recent valuation for this book, can't find any
listings in the usual places. Tried addall, bookfinder, and ebay
completed auctions.

THis was a limited edition (2000) signed...
Forum: Books March 4th 07, 12:48 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 1
Posted By Denton Taylor
Confessions of a book abuser

See:

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/03/04/books/review/Schott.t.html

While one is at first horrified, one then realizes that guys like this
increase the value of my collection, by reducing the number...
Forum: Books February 14th 07, 03:09 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 17
Posted By Denton Taylor
what do you find in books

In a copy of not-very-rare Bernard Malamud book on ebay, a typed copy
of the speech Malamud gave upon acceptance of the National Book Award,
1959. Later authenticated by his daughter who confirmed...
Forum: Books February 7th 07, 01:47 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 1
Posted By Denton Taylor
I'm giving away my books for FREE to whoever wants them - almost 1000 books to choose from.

Man, I really want that 1972 Bible calandar!

Denton

On 5 Feb 2007 09:52:46 -0800, "bibliomarket"
wrote:

I would like to offer some books for FREE at BookMooch.com:

My...
Forum: Books January 20th 07, 07:21 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 7
Posted By Denton Taylor
Book database - input with scanner

Keep in mind there's also a 'location' field... anyway the auto
lookup, whether you scan or input ISBNs manually, goes pretty fast.

Denton

On Sat, 20 Jan 2007 00:20:47 -0500, LiRM...
Forum: Books January 17th 07, 11:42 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 7
Posted By Denton Taylor
Book database - input with scanner

Greetings:

Whay would you use two dbs? There's a field for 'signed' in the reguar
db, so it's easy to pull out the signed books in a blink.

Also, if you have a book in the 'unsigned' database and...
Forum: Books January 10th 07, 10:00 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 6
Posted By Denton Taylor
Robert B. Parker

Hey Willow:

Congratulations. Not a Parker fan myself, but I feel your gain :-)

Denton

It turned out to be a wonderful purchase, not simply to complete the "set".
My Seller threw in two ARCs...
Forum: Books December 17th 06, 12:57 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 5
Posted By Denton Taylor
Inventory question

Um, an ISBN field maybe?

You might consider a piece of software that will look up the details
of a book from the ISBN, Readerware for example...

Denton
Forum: Books November 17th 06, 10:36 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 6
Posted By Denton Taylor
Book Machine, France.

Never Amazon for good stuff. Abebooks, Biblio, etc. Or american ebay.
If you have feedback.

On Fri, 17 Nov 2006 21:21:56 +0100, "Hervé JEZEQUEL"
wrote:

Is there a...
Forum: Books November 8th 06, 12:47 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 0
Posted By Denton Taylor
Fun at B&N

So, I was looking to pick up a copy of Isabelle Allende's latest in
preparation for an upcoming NYC signing. Stopped in the B&N Chelsea to
grab one. I went thru a stack of over twenty without finding...
Forum: Books October 30th 06, 11:08 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 13
Posted By Denton Taylor
PLS HELP ~ CLEANING ESTATE FOUND OLD X-RATED BOOK

On 30 Oct 2006 09:10:34 -0800, "diana"
wrote:

This is my dilemma. Everything about me cannot destroy a book yet this
one is the kind that put's ideas in people's...
Forum: Books October 27th 06, 08:29 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 6
Posted By Denton Taylor
Used Bookstore Business - questions please

On 26 Oct 2006 20:54:32 -0700, "
wrote:

He is currently grossing $7,000/month in the store and
$10,000/month on Amazon.

Hmm. Did you see his...
Forum: Books September 26th 06, 02:28 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 13
Posted By Denton Taylor
Does "rare" mean anything anymore?

You missed his oher auctions. Every single auction begins with 'rare'.
Including a Rare 1984 tax manual with a buy-it-now of ninety-eight
cents.

Denton

On 25 Sep 2006 08:18:32 -0700, "William M....
Forum: Books September 19th 06, 11:42 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 2
Posted By Denton Taylor
NY Is Book Country - RIP?

On 17 Sep 2006 18:26:36 -0700, "The Bobino"
wrote:

After many succesful years on 5th Ave, in 2004 the fair moved down to
the Village (and sucked too).
Last year it...
Forum: Books September 5th 06, 11:39 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 1
Posted By Denton Taylor
Ebay Signatures

Hey all:

So what do you think about these auctions, all for signed books?

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZmicongwQQhtZ-1

The photos suck. And the signatures all seem to be with the same pen.
Even...
Forum: Books September 1st 06, 01:33 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 6
Posted By Denton Taylor
Pet Peeves?

He's now added an 'unknown printing' comment...

Denton

On 31 Aug 2006 16:19:55 -0700, "William M. Klimon"
wrote:

and said that you can't disagree with that and that he really...
Forum: Books August 25th 06, 12:22 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 3
Posted By Denton Taylor
MANY MANY MANY BOOS FOR SALE

Yeah, but at least most of us know the difference between 'your' and
'you're'. Maybe if you pay close attention to those boos you too may
acquire this knowledge one day.

On Thu, 24 Aug 2006...
Forum: Books August 22nd 06, 11:17 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 3
Posted By Denton Taylor
MANY MANY MANY BOOS FOR SALE

www.wastemanagement.com

On Mon, 21 Aug 2006 12:39:22 -0400, "John C"
wrote:

Does anyone know of places that take large collections of books all at once?
Showing results 1 to 25 of 32