Showing results 1 to 25 of 131
Search took 0.32 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: bc92
Forum: General Discussion July 10th 10, 01:09 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 8
Posted By bc92
1870-71 Alsace-Lorraine cover analysis

Stan a exprimé avec précision :

Thanks to all. The SPAL site (thanks Sir F. A. Rien)! has lists of
sales and prices, prices that suggest that the estimates given in
response to my question...
Forum: General Discussion July 8th 10, 06:33 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 8
Posted By bc92
1870-71 Alsace-Lorraine cover analysis

bc92 had too big fingers for his keyboard :

Mulhausen horseshie date stamp in blue, unsold at 120 ¤.

horseshoe, let's say.

--
Cordialement,
Bruno
Replies: 8
Posted By bc92
1870-71 Alsace-Lorraine cover analysis

Stan avait prétendu :
Are there any reference works that would help establish a price for
the 1870-71 Alsace-Lorraine occupation cover? If so, what are they?

Forum: General Discussion May 10th 10, 08:27 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 10
Posted By bc92
France postmarks

malcolm wrote :
Bruno

As an aside l'internaute/ville has let me down !

I have a part postmark "thibery". I duly used the site to try to
identify it as a part strike. Nothing. In...
Forum: General Discussion May 6th 10, 08:02 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 10
Posted By bc92
France postmarks

Sir F. A. Rien suggested :

Bruno,

Have a look at the Victorian towns ID on philately.ttrr.org

IF you choose to do something like this with the French cancel listings,
I'll help you with...
Forum: General Discussion May 5th 10, 07:01 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 10
Posted By bc92
France postmarks

malcolm a écrit :

Incidentally where did you find your information ? While my spoken and
written French after 40+ years since leaving school is pretty poor - I
can read it fairly well if it is...
Forum: General Discussion May 3rd 10, 07:27 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 10
Posted By bc92
France postmarks

bc92 a écrit :
malcolm a écrit :
I have a pair of 1941 Petain stamps with a Lamartine Somme postmark. I
can find no Lamartine in Somme department, but extensive Google checks
have produced...
Forum: General Discussion May 2nd 10, 08:46 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 10
Posted By bc92
France postmarks

malcolm a écrit :
I have a pair of 1941 Petain stamps with a Lamartine Somme postmark. I
can find no Lamartine in Somme department, but extensive Google checks
have produced the info. that...
Forum: General Discussion April 29th 10, 09:11 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 13
Posted By bc92
_ _ _ DAMNOT CDS

bc92 wrote :

I concur. Thu Dau Mot.
I can't explain why this french colonial cds says something slightly
different from the city name on a 1932 map.

Here is this map (1932). Click on the...
Forum: General Discussion April 29th 10, 09:10 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 13
Posted By bc92
_ _ _ DAMNOT CDS

Stan wrote :

One of my posts has not appeared so I am reposting my summary of it.

I would propose: THU DAU MOT (Vietnamese spelling not French)
It is 20 km N of Ho Chi Minh city on the...
Forum: General Discussion March 13th 10, 09:11 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 3
Posted By bc92
Help with identifying 2 airmail stamp sets

Jay T. Carrigan wrote :
Bogus overprints.

With the "famous" error "Detatchment" on the Congo ones.

Regards,

--
Cordialement,
Bruno

bc92 a écrit :

[Something] and Holiday Delivery
Have your Mail [something] SPECIAL DELIVERY

Can someone make out the rest?

Sorry, I hit something on the keyboard I shouldn't...
Forum: General Discussion February 22nd 10, 05:16 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 7
Posted By bc92
Special Delivery + Postage Due cover

Joshua McGee a écrit :
On Mon, 22 Feb 2010 06:36:16 -0800, Ralphael1 wrote:

Looks like someone either connected to State Savings and Loan or not is
using a business envelope for personal...
Forum: General Discussion January 31st 10, 07:59 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 14
Posted By bc92
Ping Bruno~Port Tewfiq

rodney a écrit :
You may wish to hint to your colleague, Bruno,
that we would very much like to see a front and rear image of the postcard
if possible, for study reasons :)
rodney

I have...
Forum: General Discussion January 27th 10, 06:36 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 14
Posted By bc92
Ping Bruno~Port Tewfiq

rodney wrote :
That's very civil of you, old chap. :)
Thanks.
I did attempt to send 1 copy (526Kb) but that failed also.

I shall mail them off forthwith, Pierre,

Well received, many thanks...
Forum: General Discussion January 15th 10, 06:53 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 14
Posted By bc92
Ping Bruno~Port Tewfiq

rodney a écrit :
Sorry Bruno,
It continually bounces.
http://cjoint.com/data/bpbcHrekd8.htm
rodney

Rod, better forget it, no need to waste more time on that. I can't
imagine the reason why...
Forum: General Discussion January 14th 10, 08:45 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 14
Posted By bc92
Ping Bruno~Port Tewfiq

rodney a écrit :
"bc92"
bc921 at free dot fr (or see my "reply-to" adress),

As Elvis sang...
it came back "return to sender". address unknown.

This adress is OK ...

I just...
Forum: General Discussion January 13th 10, 07:05 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 14
Posted By bc92
Ping Bruno~Port Tewfiq

rodney a écrit :
G'day Bruno,
in 2006 you had a colleague querying Port Tewfiq/ Port Taufiq
cancellation on a postcard.
If he is still around, I have a 5 page discussion on the
odd...
Forum: General Discussion November 11th 09, 08:31 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 22
Posted By bc92
Ann Mette Heindorff's pages

Pierre COURTIADE a écrit :

In addition to the problems with æ, ø, ü, å etc., the French version of
the pages are totally unreadable, due to the same problem with é, è, à,
â, ê, ô, û, ù, ä, ë,...
Forum: General Discussion October 19th 09, 06:07 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 10
Posted By bc92
Etiquettes.

Blair (TC) a écrit :
On Oct 19, 6:34*am, "rodney" pookiethai@NOSPAM iprimus.com.au wrote:
Is anyone able to recognise this one as to which country of origin?
I think it must be private...
Forum: General Discussion October 18th 09, 09:56 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 12
Posted By bc92
France query.

Dominique Stéphan a écrit :

3) "State stamps", for stamp collectors (usual face value).

Hi Dominique,

State stamps (timbres d'état) ?
Didn't you mean "commemorative stamps" ?

--
Forum: General Discussion October 13th 09, 08:50 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 12

rodney a écrit :
A colleague was enquiring on the NVI from France
that show "grams".
Are these listed anywhere so I can have a bo-peep?
Any info welcomed
Thanks

Rodney, sorry I can't help...
Forum: General Discussion September 26th 09, 12:03 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 2
Posted By bc92
Albanian Fantasies ?

Nick Bridgwater a écrit :
Any info on these Albanian Fantasies on very thin paper ?

http://cjoint.com/data/jAmAY42mzb.htm

This set of five is listed in Chapier "les timbres de fantaisie"...
Forum: General Discussion August 16th 09, 01:03 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 3
Posted By bc92
OT "Note! The author of this message requested .."

Toke Nørby a écrit :
"Note! The author of this message requested that it not be archived.
This message will be removed from Groups in 4 days (Aug 21, 00:44)".

When I searched for old postings...
Forum: General Discussion July 8th 09, 06:28 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 11
Posted By bc92
Perfin ID, New-York, 1927

bc92 a wrote :

Many thanks to you, and to Rodeny and Gerhard.

Rodney, sorry for the typo.

--
Cordialement,
Bruno