Showing results 1 to 25 of 192
Search took 0.08 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Jim Seymour
Forum: Coins September 9th 07, 08:52 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 4
Posted By Jim Seymour
Coin tube storage boxes - Opinions?

I've got a sizeable collection of coins in tubes and have been wishing
for a decent way to store them for years.

Now, it *seems* the near-perfect product has finally been made:
Forum: Coins September 9th 07, 08:09 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 12
Posted By Jim Seymour
Coin scam in the open?

wrote:
The following is part of a 2 pages informercial which has been
appeared in Newsweek
and probably elsewhere for several weeks.
------------------
U.S. GOVERNMENT...
Forum: Coins August 30th 07, 05:38 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 2
Posted By Jim Seymour
US NCLT

wrote:
What was the first US NCTL coin? And when was it put out? (I do not
count the original Kennedy half.)

There may be a more obscure answer, but the obvious one is...
Forum: Coins August 19th 07, 05:33 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 4
Posted By Jim Seymour
I believe....

wrote:
....that since the mint is as much in the business of making money as
it is in making the money, if they were to produce and issue a $50
gold Kennedy with the...
Forum: Coins August 19th 07, 02:51 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 10
Posted By Jim Seymour
An idea, a proposal...

Jud wrote:
Q: What do the rolls from Coin Star machines look like? So many people
just dump their coins into them, not knowing what they are dumping.
Then Coin Star does something with them, I...
Forum: Coins August 16th 07, 05:38 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 9
Posted By Jim Seymour
Anyone (else) get Thomas Jefferson Presidential Golden DollarCoins from their bank yet?

Michael G. Koerner wrote:
Paul Anderson wrote:
In article ,
"Fred Shecter" wrote:

I day early. I got a few rolls....
Forum: Coins July 22nd 07, 05:55 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 9
Posted By Jim Seymour
A pleasant find...

Jon Purkey wrote:
On Sat, 21 Jul 2007 18:11:46 -0700, Jerry Dennis
wrote:

Want to have some fun with that Bicentennial quarter? Tell someone
that it's really the...
Forum: Coins July 13th 07, 02:50 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 10
Posted By Jim Seymour
Annoying ebay changes again....

Dave Hinz wrote:
On Thu, 12 Jul 2007 22:30:59 +0100, Tony Clayton
wrote:
It seems that Ebay have changed their message system again, with
the result that I can...
Forum: Coins July 5th 07, 01:01 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 7
Posted By Jim Seymour
FA: Proof Silver, Gold and Platinum US Eagles

The Booher's wrote:
Jim,
As far as ignoring direct questions I have not seen any to respond to or I
would respond. Can you forward any to me because they are not showing up
from my...
Forum: Coins July 4th 07, 08:52 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 7
Posted By Jim Seymour
FA: Proof Silver, Gold and Platinum US Eagles

Ned wrote:
In article
"The Booher's" wrote:
I am auctioning my proof silver, gold and platinum US American Eagles on
ebay. For a...
Forum: Coins July 1st 07, 05:00 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 10
Posted By Jim Seymour
Unc. Silver Eagle 2007-W Mintage?

Jud wrote:
Starting last year the mint not only made proof SAE (with W mintmark)
and uncirculated SAE (without mintmark), they also made an
uncirculated SAE WITH the W mintmark, and on...
Forum: Coins June 30th 07, 06:40 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 8
Posted By Jim Seymour
Found a quarter proof?

nnote wrote:
Well hey.. ya it does have the s mint mark! Cool!

OK, now check the edge to see if it's silver. If it has a clearly
copper center, then it's a normal clad proof. If it appears...
Forum: Coins June 30th 07, 04:19 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 8
Posted By Jim Seymour
Found a quarter proof?

nnote wrote:
Got a '96 quarter today. But unlike usual quarters, with the flat
matte around the head and eagle, this one is more a mirror finish.
Circulated, but still in good shape with...
Forum: Coins June 30th 07, 04:16 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 1
Posted By Jim Seymour
U.S. Mint Gears Up To Issue Commemorative County Pennies

bobblahblah wrote:
... maybe this is old news[?]

U.S. Mint Gears Up To Issue Commemorative County Pennies
[...]

Old, yes. News, no.
http://www.theonion.com/content/node/31003

Very...
Forum: Coins June 23rd 07, 06:26 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 22
Posted By Jim Seymour
Low mintage for 2006 SF Gold Unc..

wrote:
On Jun 23, 10:56 am, "Mr. Jaggers" lugburzman[at]yahoo[dot]com
wrote:
wrote in message
Can someone explain?
What is the "hefty premium...
Forum: Coins June 11th 07, 01:25 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 62
Posted By Jim Seymour
Is the end of the U.S. Nickel near?

Jon Purkey wrote:
OK, what is to stop someone from buying nickles at face value, melting
them down and selling the metal at a 60% profit?

"a fine of not more than $10,000, or imprisonment of...
Forum: Coins June 3rd 07, 06:29 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 14
Posted By Jim Seymour
I'm and idiot!!!

Nick Knight wrote:
In HDB8i.3443$443.1818@trnddc05, on 06/03/2007 at 04:03 PM, Jim
Seymour said:

Bruce Farley wrote:
Go in and edit the auction. Many people...
Forum: Coins June 3rd 07, 05:03 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 14
Posted By Jim Seymour
I'm and idiot!!!

Bruce Farley wrote:
Go in and edit the auction. Many people search for words anywhere in
the auction so just make sure you put it in the description
correctly. I think you will do OK, it is now...
Forum: Coins May 25th 07, 05:12 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 16
Posted By Jim Seymour
Buying 2007 Gold Eagle

wrote:
I wanted to remember this by buying an eagle minted in 2007. The
owner told me he would need to order this coin and that it would cost
me $715. I believe the spot...
Forum: Coins May 20th 07, 08:50 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 3
Posted By Jim Seymour
FA: 1994-W Women in Military Uncirculated Silver Dollar + 20thAnniversary SAE set

I don't know... If you search on completed auctions, you'll find a
dozen or more that ended in the last few days that sold for as much as
$70 more than...
Forum: Coins May 20th 07, 05:26 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 3
Posted By Jim Seymour
FA: 1994-W Women in Military Uncirculated Silver Dollar + 20th AnniversarySAE set

Last minute notice! Both of these auctions close in about three hours.

1994-W Women in Military Uncirculated Silver Dollar
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=270120150083

2006...
Forum: Coins May 19th 07, 10:54 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 2
Posted By Jim Seymour
Are commemorative sliver coin good investment?

wrote:
Nw in coin collecting.
Are U.S. commemorative coins good investment in comparison with other
silver coins?
For example, a lot of people buy and sell various silver...
Forum: Coins May 19th 07, 07:24 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 12
Posted By Jim Seymour
John Adams Presidential Golden Dollar Coins

Fred Shecter wrote:
Arrived in Los Angeles County and Orange County CA

Arrived today (Friday) in Portland, Oregon. Or at least one of my banks
got them today. Not sure about others.

--
Jim...
Forum: Coins May 17th 07, 05:17 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins

bobblahblah wrote:
I am afraid you are wrong. I use endicia as my shipping program. I
type in the address, choose how I want to ship. I click first class
and then my choices are large flat...
Forum: Coins May 14th 07, 02:42 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 11
Posted By Jim Seymour
mail bidding

linxlvr wrote:
Hi all. I have never done mail bidding, nor even signed up for lists.
Am I missing out really? Every week in the back of my coin world I
see all these mail bid listings, and am...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 192