Showing results 1 to 25 of 32
Search took 0.11 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Jim[_2_]
Forum: Books October 26th 07, 03:05 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 14
Posted By Jim[_2_]
A substitute for Un-du?

I don't remember which lighter fuel I used to have, but when I went to
look for it a week or so ago, I discovered that I must have finished
the tin and thrown the empty away. You wouldn't believe how...
Forum: Books September 11th 07, 03:09 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 9
Posted By Jim[_2_]
Help for Bookstores in Portland/Seattle

On Sep 9, 9:14 pm, "Evelyn C. Leeper" wrote:

Jim wrote:
Check over Evelyn's list carefully. It's all but impossible to keep
something like that up to date, given...
Forum: Books September 10th 07, 01:51 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 9
Posted By Jim[_2_]
Help for Bookstores in Portland/Seattle

While in Seattle, take the bus over to the Fremont. There are three
quite nice bookstores all on the same stretch of a street called
"Stone Way North." Bob Brown (and associates) specializes in...
Forum: Books September 10th 07, 01:35 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 4
Posted By Jim[_2_]
How much would be reasonable to ask for these art books?

You can also check bookfinder.com or eBay, and see what other copies
are going for...
Forum: Books September 1st 07, 02:02 PM Posted to alt.marketplace.online.ebay,alt.marketplace.collectables,dfw.forsale,rec.collecting.books,rec.arts.books.marketplace
Replies: 14
Posted By Jim[_2_]
FA: Old West Time Life Books Cowboys Indians Spanish VG HC

Off Topic: this is *not* a forum to list sales...
Forum: Books September 1st 07, 02:02 PM Posted to alt.marketplace.online.ebay,alt.marketplace.collectables,dfw.forsale,rec.collecting.books,rec.arts.books.marketplace
Replies: 2
Posted By Jim[_2_]
FA: Life History U.S. Time Life Books VG HC Leather Set

Off Topic: this is *not* a forum to list sales...
Forum: Books September 1st 07, 02:01 PM Posted to alt.marketplace.online.ebay,rec.antiques.marketplace,alt.marketplace.collectables,rec.collecting.books,rec.arts.books.marketplace
Replies: 1
Posted By Jim[_2_]
FA: Tragic Years Civil War U.S. 200 Years Bicentennial HC Boxed

Off Topic: this is *not* a forum to list sales...
Forum: Books September 1st 07, 02:01 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 3
Posted By Jim[_2_]
FA: 7 book lot National Geographic world photo essays

Off Topic: this is *not* a forum to list sales...
Forum: Books September 1st 07, 02:01 PM Posted to alt.marketplace.online.ebay,rec.antiques.marketplace,alt.marketplace.collectables,rec.collecting.books,rec.arts.books.marketplace
Replies: 1
Posted By Jim[_2_]
FA: Medical Encyclopedia Dictionary Mosby Mayo Lexicon Human Body Series

Off Topic: this is *not* a forum to list sales...
Forum: Books August 20th 07, 09:23 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 1
Posted By Jim[_2_]
Zane Grey collection

If you'll check bookfinder.com, you'll see that individual volumes go
for anywhere from $6-7 each to close to $30. Some of the titles are
just about the only available hardcover, and at least one is...
Forum: Books July 29th 07, 02:10 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 2
Posted By Jim[_2_]
Great Day at the Book Sales - more Walter Scott

The Remarque/Goddard sounds like a wonderful association item!
Congratulations, and thanks for sharing the fun of the hunt with us...
Forum: Books July 22nd 07, 08:04 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 17
Posted By Jim[_2_]
Detective Book Club oddity

On May 30, 9:11 pm, "John R. Yamamoto-Wilson"
wrote:

How do/did Walter Black distribute? This series is a "book club", so I'm
guessing it would be a subscription...
Forum: Books July 20th 07, 11:59 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 4
Posted By Jim[_2_]
Survey: Deathly Hallow Opinions

On Jul 20, 6:26 pm, Scot Kamins wrote:

In terms of what? The book isn't out yet.

Not technically, no, but it can't be that hard to get a copy.
Apparently, DeepDiscount...
Forum: Books July 2nd 07, 02:53 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 1
Posted By Jim[_2_]
A Major Brag - Waverley 1st

On Jun 22, 11:24 pm, "
wrote:

That is a Mega Find! Congrats! Now you need to search high and low
for volume 1, or locate a university...
Forum: Books June 8th 07, 09:51 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 17
Posted By Jim[_2_]
Detective Book Club oddity

On May 30, 9:26 pm, "Francis A. Miniter"
wrote:

I mentioned Walter Black a couple of months ago with respect to an Erle Stanley
Gardner work, "The Case of the Singing...
Forum: Books June 6th 07, 07:53 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 13
Posted By Jim[_2_]
E. Richard Johnson

On Jun 6, 1:50 pm, "Francis A. Miniter"
wrote:

Your responses are highly inappropriate. etc

It's interesting to see that the O.P. started this same thread...
Forum: Books June 1st 07, 04:01 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 7
Posted By Jim[_2_]
The Power and the Glory - Graham Greene edition

On May 25, 12:17 pm, "William M. Klimon" wrote:

I spoke with Rick Gekoski about this phenomenon a few years ago. His
recent collection of book-dealing tales was entitled...
Forum: Books May 31st 07, 09:47 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 17
Posted By Jim[_2_]
Detective Book Club oddity

Jim wrote:
You didn't happen to notice anything indicating it was "limited" in
any way, did you?

Francis wrote:
No, but I may be able to get back and double check. Certainly there was...
Forum: Books May 31st 07, 04:49 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 17
Posted By Jim[_2_]
Detective Book Club oddity

On May 30, 8:28 pm, "Francis A. Miniter"
wrote:

Today I came across a learthette bound book from Walter Black. This was the
"Works of Tolstoi" bearing a copyright of...
Forum: Books May 30th 07, 03:19 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 17
Posted By Jim[_2_]
Detective Book Club oddity

On May 30, 9:44 am, RF wrote:

**** you!
You ask for opinions then make with the smart cracks.

Thank you for your ever-helpful comments, and your uplifting language.
Forum: Books May 30th 07, 03:37 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 17
Posted By Jim[_2_]
Detective Book Club oddity

On May 29, 1:37 pm, "John R. Yamamoto-Wilson"
wrote:

So Walter Black were reprinting Zane Grey stuff in the 1960s and several
of these reprints (according...
Forum: Books May 29th 07, 04:51 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 17
Posted By Jim[_2_]
Detective Book Club oddity

On May 29, 9:44 am, RF wrote:

1969 is 28 years from 1941. At that time copyrights had to be renewed
after 28 years, so the 1969 date probably isn't the date of
Forum: Books May 26th 07, 05:37 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 7
Posted By Jim[_2_]
The Power and the Glory - Graham Greene edition

And there's a P.G. Wodehouse book which has a different first chapter
in its American and British incarnations!
Forum: Books May 23rd 07, 02:53 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 1
Posted By Jim[_2_]
INFO: What is personalized publicity?

And this is on a book collecting forum...why?
Showing results 1 to 25 of 32