Showing results 1 to 25 of 50
Search took 0.04 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: jerry
Forum: General Discussion December 18th 10, 07:34 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 4
Posted By jerry
Stamp Shows in the Cleveland, Ohio Area?

Hi Nick,

For small local shows why not ask any of the stamp and/or coin dealers
in Cleveland that you deal with? They would know. If you Google
'Cleveland Ohio stamp dealers' you will find a bunch...
Forum: General Discussion November 17th 10, 09:09 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 19
Posted By jerry
Missing my friends here -- so an attempt to get discussion going

Hi All,

I am in the same position as Rien. I only collect three countries in
South America. Doing work for a dealer categorizing Cebtral and South
America stamps I am most familiar with those ...
Forum: General Discussion November 3rd 10, 08:17 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 10
Posted By jerry
False Istrian overprints

Hi Tony,

if you are 100% sure it is fake I would mark them 'false'. In
addition I would sign with your initials. I have done this with some
stamps that I know for sure are fakes. This way another...
Forum: General Discussion October 24th 10, 08:52 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 1
Posted By jerry
Video from the postal history foundation in Tucson

Hi Toke,

Great video. Thanks for sharing it.

Jerry B
Forum: General Discussion October 15th 10, 08:45 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 12
Posted By jerry
Meta-question

Hi

I can help answer questions about South America, especially Colombia,
Ecuador and Venezuela.

Jerry B
Forum: General Discussion August 31st 10, 09:39 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 27
Posted By jerry
Collection software

Hi Don,

My preference would be a MySQL database. Using hyperlinks is alright
but if one moves the images somewhere elese you might have to reset
the hyperlinks. I am not sure how OpenOffice...
Forum: General Discussion August 14th 10, 01:29 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 6
Posted By jerry
TEst - No new messages for a week?

Hi Victor

Where are you guys? Too many Bar-B-Ques & beers?

Been wondering myself where everybody is. Is Rodney still collecting?

Jerry B
Forum: General Discussion April 2nd 10, 06:43 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 2
Posted By jerry
Sudden dearth of posts

Hi Tony,

I was wondering also. Since February there seems to have been very
little posting.

Jerry B
Forum: General Discussion March 29th 10, 09:49 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 5
Posted By jerry
Print Error on Back_Reply

Hi,

In the few years that I have been reading this group, and posting, I
have never read anything that could be construed as stamp collector
'bashing' or degrading a poster. True, there have been...
Forum: General Discussion March 20th 10, 09:04 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 2
Posted By jerry
UN Flags and mounting

Hi Ralph,

Are you breaking up the UN blocks? If so do the following.

If you are using Scott album pages, Scott makes a stock page for the
album. Just put the stamps in that and they are mounted...
Forum: General Discussion February 22nd 10, 09:28 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 1
Posted By jerry
Minkus Supreme Global editions

Hi Tim,

What you are referring to was not a special edition of the Minkus
album. Initially the album was printed by Minkus Publications which
also published a catalogs, therefore the album pages...
Forum: General Discussion February 19th 10, 05:09 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 22
Posted By jerry
OT..New computer burped, big time.

Hi Sir Rien,

The settings that are in the 'CleanUp" utility are permanent. As far
as I know there is no other place to set them except maybe the
registry and I haven't looked there.

Jerry B
Forum: General Discussion February 16th 10, 10:16 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 5
Posted By jerry
Need a Hole Puncher for Lighthouse 13 ring binder

Hi Tim,

Not sure what these are but you could check it out:

http://www.stampington.com/html/binding_punches_discs.html

Google for binding supplies and not hole punches.

Jerry B
Forum: General Discussion February 1st 10, 10:55 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 3
Posted By jerry
Art on stamps.

Hi Rodney,

Here is a link for the artist: http://www.aeiriz.com/html/about_the_artist.html

and a link explaining the Anunciation: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Annunciation

You can find a lot by...
Forum: General Discussion January 20th 10, 08:31 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 2
Posted By jerry
Stamps and Other Images Site

Hi Bill,

I found the hideen images interesting. My wife is from Colombia and we
found a lot of images for her town of Tunja and the province of
Boyaca. In fact her childhood home is on a Colombian...
Forum: General Discussion January 18th 10, 09:45 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 2
Posted By jerry
Stamps and Other Images Site

Hi,

The article by Bill Sharpe, "Computers and Stamps" in the "Linn's
Stamp News" of
December 21, 2009 had the following link:

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Stamps

I started...
Forum: General Discussion January 9th 10, 08:22 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 7
Posted By jerry
To clean or not to clean

Hi phantomm_1,

Not knowing what you have to be certified I would leave the stamps
alone. Using 'cleaning fluid' is not a good idea as some inks will
dissolve.

Also I am curious. What do you mean...
Forum: General Discussion January 9th 10, 07:46 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 5
Posted By jerry
Buying current US Postage Stamps

Hi Raphael,

You make a good point. I know a couple of stamp dealers who also buy
from Rhode Island. They get better service than that from the Cave
They say that the lady is a pleasure to deal...
Forum: General Discussion January 9th 10, 07:44 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 3
Posted By jerry
OT Chavez Bolivar

Hi Ralph,

Here is an article from Forbes about the new Bolivar rate:

http://www.forbes.com/2010/01/09/chavez-devalues-bolivar-markets-currencies-venezuela.html

Most Latins I know think, my wife is...
Forum: General Discussion January 2nd 10, 08:59 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 17
Posted By jerry
Ping: Rein

Hi Ralph,

Fat fingered a button so the previous post was incomplete.

Also with AOL I had all kinds of viruses and other nasties, For dial-
up I went with Yahoo! and was satisfied for years. ...
Forum: General Discussion January 2nd 10, 08:52 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 17
Posted By jerry
Ping: Rein

Hi Ralph,

I had AOL at the start and their software steppedove everything on my
computer. Had to re-format the hadr drive and reloadeverything to get
rid of their garbage.
Forum: General Discussion December 23rd 09, 10:36 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 6
Posted By jerry
Any Science boffins around?

G'day Rodney,

Best answers are on this link:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090115082449AAAKyUN

In general look...
Forum: General Discussion December 20th 09, 05:58 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 11
Posted By jerry
Credit Cards & USPS

Hi Guys,

I am not sure what you are talking about. Here in Atlanta, Georgia,
USA we have had credit cards at the USPS for a number of years. The
clerks, at least here, do not even look at the...
Forum: General Discussion December 15th 09, 08:03 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 8
Posted By jerry
How to make you own 3D glasses.

Hi Rien,

Thanks for letting us know that it does work. My friend has a
signoscope watermark detector and these filters would be helpful.

At least on single colored stamps you have a good chance to...
Forum: General Discussion December 14th 09, 04:36 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 8
Posted By jerry
How to make you own 3D glasses.

Hi Rodney,

Now that we are discussing colored filters, I wonder if making colored
filters from film could help in identifying watermarks, i.e.;
especially yellow stamps. In fact both methods are...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 50