Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 4.44 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: RF
Forum: Books October 16th 08, 01:56 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 0
Posted By RF
Antiques Roadshow

I was watching Antiques Roadshow (love that show!) recently and a
woman with a rare old LDS book was getting it evaluated by a so-called
"expert".
The book was over 150 years old and in fragile...
Forum: Books October 13th 08, 12:51 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books,rec.arts.books.childrens
Replies: 13
Posted By RF
How to Tind a Book Site

On Oct 12, 5:55*pm, "Kris Baker" wrote:

I think you can find the storybook, though - and probably at the same
price as you'd pay for that entire book. *$4 shipping?...
Forum: Books September 21st 08, 11:34 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 5
Posted By RF
Bookcase Suggestions Needed

On Sep 21, 5:06*pm, Jack Campin - bogus address
wrote:
I will have a wall-to-wall bookcase made.

Its dimensions are 130"x84"x14".

I wonder whether you could...
Forum: Books September 16th 08, 11:41 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 1
Posted By RF
New 1924 Sherlock Holmes pastiche found

On Sep 16, 2:41*pm, StarDotStarBooks wrote:
New 1924 Sherlock Holmes pastiche found

Gaiety, a Magazine of Humour, With a Nice Surprise for Sherlock
Holmes
Fans

Forum: Books August 20th 08, 01:41 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 2
Posted By RF
Nelson DeMille Collection

FS posts are prohibited in this NG.
Forum: Books August 15th 08, 10:04 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books,alt.books
Replies: 0
Posted By RF
Politics and literature

On Aug 13, 3:40*pm, Spence Morris wrote:
"Believe me," the snake said, continuing to instruct her candidate, the
ass, "no matter what any other animal may say, politics in...
Forum: Books August 14th 08, 12:52 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 1
Posted By RF
Politics and literature

On Aug 13, 6:49*pm, R. Totale wrote:
On Wed, 13 Aug 2008 14:40:31 -0500, Spence Morris

wrote:
The novel so politically incorrect, the New York...
Forum: Books August 12th 08, 02:25 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 4
Posted By RF
Serendipity

On Aug 10, 7:47*pm, "Francis A. Miniter"
wrote:
This evening I noticed that I had not opened a box of books
that I had bought most inexpensively two or three months
ago....
Forum: Books August 11th 08, 01:03 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books

wrote:
This evening I noticed that I had not opened a box of books
that I had bought most inexpensively two or three months
ago....
Forum: Books August 5th 08, 08:46 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 6
Posted By RF
Crayon Marks

On Aug 5, 10:14*am, wrote:

While goo-gone/lighter fluid (naptha) will dissolve adhesives,
they are ineffective on the dyes/colors found in crayons.

From experience I...
Forum: Books August 1st 08, 11:50 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 13
Posted By RF
FAQ for this group?

On Aug 1, 6:46*pm, "Denise" wrote:
Hi,

I used to hang out here a lot but have been away for quite a while. I've
been linking to the RCB FAQ from my website, but just...
Forum: Books July 29th 08, 03:48 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 6
Posted By RF
Crayon Marks

On Jul 28, 10:41*pm, "Francis A. Miniter"
wrote:
RF wrote:
On Jul 19, 4:27 pm, "Francis A. Miniter"
wrote:
I have a book that has crayon...
Forum: Books July 27th 08, 01:15 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 9
Posted By RF
appraisal question

On Jul 25, 11:05*am, R. Totale wrote:
On Fri, 25 Jul 2008 09:08:15 -0500, "bill allemann"

wrote:
so, all online appraisers are...
Forum: Books July 20th 08, 02:22 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 6
Posted By RF
Crayon Marks

On Jul 19, 4:27*pm, "Francis A. Miniter"
wrote:
I have a book that has crayon marks on the dust jacket. *Any
suggestions for removing them?

Francis A. Miniter

Goo Gone
Forum: Coins July 1st 08, 03:01 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 19
Posted By RF
Got a wheatie today

On Jun 30, 10:50*pm, wrote:
try putting your attitude on hold for a while and just discuss coins.

My "attitude" was brought on by your ludicrous assertions.
Forum: Coins July 1st 08, 01:39 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 3
Posted By RF
eBay feedback ratings

How low does a seller's feedback ratings have to be for you to not buy
from him/her?
98%, 95%, 99%???
Forum: Coins July 1st 08, 01:25 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 19
Posted By RF
Got a wheatie today

On Jun 30, 7:01*pm, wrote:
In article , RF wrote:Common date, no mint mark but I was...
Forum: Coins June 30th 08, 10:37 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 64
Posted By RF
Did I mention this is a great coin?

On Jun 30, 5:27*pm, "Mr. Jaggers" lugburzman[at]yahoo[dot]com wrote:
"PC" wrote in message

It's back with...
Forum: Coins June 30th 08, 10:31 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 19
Posted By RF
Got a wheatie today

On Jun 30, 5:08*pm, oly wrote:
On Jun 30, 2:36*pm, RF wrote:

Common date, no mint mark but I was glad to get it and happy to see
it's still...
Forum: Coins June 30th 08, 08:36 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 19
Posted By RF
Got a wheatie today

Common date, no mint mark but I was glad to get it and happy to see
it's still possible to find them in pocket change!
Forum: Coins June 30th 08, 03:08 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 19
Posted By RF
Fate of Paper Money

On Jun 29, 9:59*pm, oly wrote:
On Jun 29, 8:47*pm, oly wrote:

On Jun 29, 8:41*pm, RF wrote:

On Jun 29, 9:27*pm, oly...
Forum: Coins June 30th 08, 02:41 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 19
Posted By RF
Fate of Paper Money

On Jun 29, 9:27*pm, oly wrote:

The Mueum of Natural History had a wonderful piece of Yap Stone Money
in their basement & cafeteria area. *The tag on that exhibit went all
out...
Forum: Coins June 29th 08, 10:54 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 19
Posted By RF
Fate of Paper Money

On Jun 29, 5:30*pm, "Mr. Jaggers" lugburzman[at]yahoo[dot]com wrote:

Thanks, it was Ruff. *What's he up to these days?- Hide quoted text -

Ruff is still bullish on gold.
You can find links to...
Forum: Coins June 28th 08, 03:39 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 5
Posted By RF
How cute he is!!! How cute!!!

On Jun 28, 12:23*am, oly wrote:
Between 6 PM on Friday and 6 PM on Saturday, you won't hear from a
certain somebody - he's busy praying to his ancestors about how very
cute he...
Forum: Coins June 28th 08, 02:57 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 9
Posted By RF
got a bunch of nice stuff up...

On Jun 27, 9:48*pm, justicecow wrote:
............... on ebay. *.99 starting price, no reserve.

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZarttoots.

you might be interested...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 500