Showing results 1 to 25 of 144
Search took 0.26 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Duh_Oz
Forum: Coins January 11th 13, 12:04 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 4
Posted By Duh_Oz
Heritage Actions - 1868 Complete 16-Piece Aluminum Pattern Proof Set

Ended up selling for $211,500.00 (including the whopping 17.5% buyer's
premium).
Forum: Coins January 3rd 13, 01:39 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 4
Posted By Duh_Oz
Heritage Actions - 1868 Complete 16-Piece Aluminum Pattern Proof Set

Currently at $160,000. Some decent pics of the lot.

http://coins.ha.com/c/item.zx?saleNo=1181&lotNo=6006
Forum: Coins December 17th 12, 08:14 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 34
Posted By Duh_Oz
shoebox of - .10, .25, .50, 1.00

When my mother passed away earlier this year I went to close out the
safety deposit box and split any silver coins with the siblings. 96
90% halves(a few walking libs were the oldest ones) and 223...
Forum: Coins August 4th 12, 02:58 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 9
Posted By Duh_Oz
So a guy metal detecting finds an 1870-CC half...

The story is he http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=116998

Speculative prices ran rampant in the thread LOL
Forum: Coins August 3rd 12, 10:06 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 9
Posted By Duh_Oz
So a guy metal detecting finds an 1870-CC half...

On Aug 3, 3:58*pm, oly wrote:
On Aug 3, 5:57*am, Duh_OZ wrote:

Alas, not I. * It ended up selling for $4,993.75 at a heritage
auction.

Think...
Forum: Coins August 3rd 12, 11:57 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 9
Posted By Duh_Oz
So a guy metal detecting finds an 1870-CC half...

Alas, not I. It ended up selling for $4,993.75 at a heritage
auction.

Think it would have sold more if it was (professionally)...
Forum: Coins May 4th 12, 09:41 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 8
Posted By Duh_Oz
Canada Kills The Penny

It is official.

Snip:
Date: Fri. May. 4 2012 12:36 PM ET

The last penny minted in Canada since its introduction in 1858 is on
its way to the country's currency museum in Ottawa.
Finance Minister...
Forum: Coins March 30th 12, 07:13 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 8
Posted By Duh_Oz
Canada Kills The Penny

On Mar 30, 11:31*am, Jim_Higgins wrote:
I wish we would get rid of the nation's most useless coin. Withdrawing
the paper dollar in favor of the dollar coin and creation...
Forum: Coins December 20th 11, 08:49 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 1
Posted By Duh_Oz
Hope is collection is better than his spelling

D'OH forgot to cut and paste the drivel
=========================
I have owned these coin sets for over fourty-years, they are
professionally in-framed with story explanations of each set.
{#1}...
Forum: Coins December 12th 11, 03:31 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 6
Posted By Duh_Oz
Illinois State Surplus Auctions

Ended up selling for $2,875.00. I tried to find previous sales but
no go.
Forum: Coins December 9th 11, 03:33 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 14
Posted By Duh_Oz
Penny AKA cent hoarding article

On Dec 8, 4:39*pm, "Bremick" wrote:

Imagine the public rush if it were widely reported that some 30% of our
quarters easily found in circulation are actually worth about 2½...
Forum: Coins December 8th 11, 04:32 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 14
Posted By Duh_Oz
Penny AKA cent hoarding article

Full read:

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/laws-change-penny-hoarders-cash-thousands-dollars/story?id=15076522

Snip:
=====================
Joe Henry is on a first name basis with bank tellers across...
Forum: Coins December 7th 11, 01:52 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 6
Posted By Duh_Oz
Illinois State Surplus Auctions

They had the IL state treasurer on the news today. He stated the
silver coin was appraised around $2,100 and it is currently at
$2,225. He did say it was 5 TROY pounds so he got it right.

Video:...
Forum: Coins December 6th 11, 07:04 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 6
Posted By Duh_Oz
Illinois State Surplus Auctions

D'OH beat to the punch about the oz vs troy oz.

Trust me, the auction usually has plenty of bidiots. You could put
a common $5 bill out there and someone would pay $6 for it.

On Dec 6, 1:02*pm,...
Forum: Coins December 6th 11, 07:02 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 6
Posted By Duh_Oz
Illinois State Surplus Auctions

Thanks for the information. Someone mentioned they heard (but not
confirmed) the reserve price is 75% of the estimated value for said
items.

Some of the slabbed coins show the PCGS barcodes. I...
Forum: Coins December 6th 11, 03:12 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 3
Posted By Duh_Oz
220,000 Ikes bought up

Full read:
http://www.sacbee.com/2011/12/05/4101540/coin-company-finds-5-ton-stash.html

snip:
==============
CONCORD, N.H. -- A New Hampshire-based coin dealer has acquired a 5-
ton stash of more...
Forum: Coins June 8th 11, 02:59 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 1
Posted By Duh_Oz
Gotta keep "training" those cashiers

Lately I've been telling each cashier I use a half at that they are,
well a half. Forgot to today, come home and see the cashier rang the
half up as a buck.

*note to self - keep on telling them it...
Forum: Coins May 2nd 11, 11:49 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 4
Posted By Duh_Oz
One ugly (holed) 1947 Canadian cent

On May 2, 12:57*am, Reid Goldsborough
wrote:
Since you're referring to me here, let me point out that this particular
holed, broken, and badly corroded Canadian cent is...
Forum: Coins May 2nd 11, 12:31 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 4
Posted By Duh_Oz
One ugly (holed) 1947 Canadian cent

Forgot all about this coin. Found it MD'ing a few years back and the
hole was intact when I found it but the top part busted off after I
had unearthed it.

Perhaps I should rebury...
Forum: Coins April 25th 11, 09:35 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 2
Posted By Duh_Oz
2011-dated Coins appear!!!

On Apr 23, 2:39*pm, oly wrote:
Springpatch was bombarded this week with 2011-D dimes and 2011 (P)
cents. *Also, there are some Gettysburg quarters showing up in the
tills...
Forum: Coins April 25th 11, 06:27 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 6
Posted By Duh_Oz
Chinese fakes intercepted at ORD

Full read:
http://www.dailyherald.com/article/20110421/news/704219785/

Snip:
===========
U.S. Customs agents at O'Hare International Airport continue to seize
counterfeit goods sent over from China...
Forum: Coins April 12th 11, 04:08 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins,rec.collecting.paper-money
Replies: 1
Posted By Duh_Oz
Failed at getting $2's in a checkbook type format

Was in Vegas last week, Caesar's were sold out and due to budget cuts
had no idea when they would scrape together more 2's and glue them
together to make the checkbook like appearance. Wanted to...
Forum: Paper Money April 12th 11, 04:08 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins,rec.collecting.paper-money
Replies: 1
Posted By Duh_Oz
Failed at getting $2's in a checkbook type format

Was in Vegas last week, Caesar's were sold out and due to budget cuts
had no idea when they would scrape together more 2's and glue them
together to make the checkbook like appearance. Wanted to...
Forum: Coins October 12th 10, 02:15 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 7
Posted By Duh_Oz
Half dollar spiel in 'letter to the editors'

In the 10/11 Chicago Sun Times:

http://www.suntimes.com/news/commentary/letters/2789824,CST-EDT-vox11.article
===========
Coin question

Where are the 50-cent U.S. coins? Recently, I realized that...
Forum: Coins October 5th 10, 05:59 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 2
Posted By Duh_Oz
Can anyone ID this token or coin?

On Oct 4, 10:20*pm, Bob wrote:
On Oct 3, 8:37*pm, Duh_OZ wrote:

If the image links require a log-in, don't bother. *They *should* work
without...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 144