Showing results 1 to 25 of 205
Search took 0.86 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Fred Shecter
Forum: Coins September 19th 07, 02:51 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 35
Posted By Fred Shecter
Vending group wants to backtrack on dollar coins

If you could read my words and understand them it would help. I never said vending
machines were designed to only last 3 years. I said "Many vendors replace machines every 3
years". I did not say...
Forum: Coins September 18th 07, 05:43 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 35
Posted By Fred Shecter
Vending group wants to backtrack on dollar coins

You can tell if a machine has a dollar coin tube.

Look at a dollar coin in your hand and note it's type (SBA, Saca, specific Prez / date /
mint mark). Insert in machine. If it goes "Clunk" all the...
Forum: Coins September 18th 07, 03:53 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 35
Posted By Fred Shecter
Vending group wants to backtrack on dollar coins

How many machines on government property accept $2 bills??????????

Vending machine bill validators can be set to accept any denominations, but most are set
for $1 only.

All mechanism manuals are...
Forum: Coins September 18th 07, 02:22 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 35
Posted By Fred Shecter
Vending group wants to backtrack on dollar coins

http://tinyurl.com/3aexcn

Perhaps this is a non-issue? The requirement to give change is only a problem if:

1) There is no 4 or more tube changer in the machine.
AND
2) The machine is set up to...
Forum: Coins September 11th 07, 06:04 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 0
Posted By Fred Shecter
Sacagawea legislation is moving along.

Presented to the President.

http://www.school-house-rock.com/wav/bill.wav

http://www.sirius.com/

"Fred Shecter"...
Forum: Coins September 5th 07, 01:28 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 1
Posted By Fred Shecter
Sacagawea legislation is moving along.

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/z?d110:h.r.02358:

As always, Outlook Express drops the final colon from the URL, so add it back in manually.

--
"""Remove "zorch" from address (2 places) to...
Forum: Coins August 31st 07, 05:10 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins

http://www.geocities.com/fredeshecter/Bacteria.doc

http://www.sirius.com/

"Michael G. Koerner" wrote in message...
Forum: Coins August 30th 07, 08:56 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 11
Posted By Fred Shecter
Pro-dollar coin editorial

Using halves actually hurts any attempt to circulate dollar coins. Vending machines and
self-check stands do not accept them, so people are taught to associate coins that they
are not used to with...
Forum: Coins August 22nd 07, 02:46 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 3
Posted By Fred Shecter
Dollar coins from the bank this week.

nntp.earthlink.net
is the new server.

Once you set that you will also have to reset the list. If using Outlook Express you will
find the reset hidden. Look in the folder pane on the upper left...
Forum: Coins August 15th 07, 10:21 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 9
Posted By Fred Shecter
Anyone (else) get Thomas Jefferson Presidential Golden Dollar Coins from their bank yet?

Nope.

They can punish the bank if they find them and if they actually care. "No soup for you!
Come back one year!"

http://www.sirius.com/
Forum: Coins August 15th 07, 08:59 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 9
Posted By Fred Shecter
Anyone (else) get Thomas Jefferson Presidential Golden Dollar Coins from their bank yet?

I day early. I got a few rolls. Wheee.

-Fred Shecter
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ25QQfsooZ1QQfsopZ1QQsassZshreadvector

--
"""Remove "zorch" from address (2 places) to...
Forum: Coins August 14th 07, 02:53 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins

Release date is August 16.

http://www.frbservices.org/Cash/commemcoin.html

Click on your FRB district for some details.

http://www.frbservices.org/FedFlash/2007/080107/FedFlash080107.pdf

Read...
Forum: Coins August 6th 07, 03:56 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 5
Posted By Fred Shecter
Coin World Mag.

It is often the result of inadequate thickness of your annual Christmas Tip for the Postal
delivery person.

;(

http://www.sirius.com/
Forum: Coins July 30th 07, 03:36 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 2
Posted By Fred Shecter
Jefferson dollar availability

http://www.frbservices.org/Cash/commemcoin.html

http://www.sirius.com/

"Paul Anderson" wrote in message...
Forum: Coins July 17th 07, 05:56 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 0
Posted By Fred Shecter
Prexibux promotional stuff from the US Mint

I just got another batch of the collector boards and they are slightly different than the
first batch. Printing on the reverse side of the board is cleaner, cardboard seems higher
quality, holes...
Forum: Coins July 11th 07, 06:28 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 29
Posted By Fred Shecter
I Really HATE Class-Action Lawyers (On Topic, Really!)

http://www.wsu.edu:8080/~brians/errors/care.html

http://www.sirius.com/

"Jerry Dennis" wrote in message...
Forum: Coins June 27th 07, 01:55 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 2
Posted By Fred Shecter
Paid some small business with a $1 coin

I have found that a vast majority of younger Americans are delighted with the Golden
Dollars.

The only negative or grumbling/muttering I ever hear these days is from older, mostly
female cashiers....
Forum: Coins June 22nd 07, 02:36 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 3
Posted By Fred Shecter
Prexibux euphoria

Be sure to pay the entire bill with Prexibux so that she can collect a few and use the
rest as change for other customers.

Spend them everywhere. Spend them by the hundreds.

-Fred Shecter

--...
Forum: Coins June 20th 07, 02:00 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 5
Posted By Fred Shecter
Newspaper article about Presidential dollars

The notes already exist.

http://www.sirius.com/

wrote in message...
Forum: Coins June 19th 07, 06:25 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 5
Posted By Fred Shecter
Newspaper article about Presidential dollars

$2 coins may be part of "The Secret Plan" but the last leaked info I heard was that they
were *not* going to try to push for a $2 coin. To clarify: they need to get several
Billion dollar coins...
Forum: Coins June 12th 07, 02:28 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 9
Posted By Fred Shecter
Direction of face on Golden Dollars

I was hoping to see Abe waving goodbye. As in "no more Zincolns" after this.

http://www.sirius.com/

wrote in message...
Forum: Coins June 11th 07, 03:39 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 62
Posted By Fred Shecter
Is the end of the U.S. Nickel near?

The State Quarter program ends right about the time of "phase two" of "The Secret Plan".

We know that phase two calls for the elimination of the rag dollar once a few billion
Golden Dollars are...
Forum: Coins June 7th 07, 04:45 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 0
Posted By Fred Shecter
Halves And Dollars Going Out Of Style In US - Why?

Still no additional 2007 Sacagaweas beyond what I mentioned a few days ago:

http://www.usmint.gov/about_the_mint/coin_production/index.cfm?action=production_figures&allCoinsYear=2007#starthere

--...
Forum: Coins June 6th 07, 09:20 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 51
Posted By Fred Shecter
Halves And Dollars Going Out Of Style In US - Why?

They do not exist yet outside of direct mail order from the US Mint.

http://www.usmint.gov/about_the_mint/coin_production/index.cfm?action=production_figures&allCoinsYear=2007#starthere

There is no...
Forum: Coins June 6th 07, 04:30 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 51
Posted By Fred Shecter
Halves And Dollars Going Out Of Style In US - Why?

I go into the bank all the time to convert accumulated piles of $1, $5, $10, $20 and $100
back into fun to spend $1 coins and $2 bills.

I also go in to get state quarter rolls.

Some branches have...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 205