Showing results 1 to 23 of 23
Search took 0.07 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Paddy O'Day
Forum: Coins October 7th 06, 12:47 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 4
Posted By Paddy O'Day
Can't believe they would do this!

This is a new low for HSN

http://www.hsn.com/cnt/prod/default.aspx?webp_id=3055758&web_id=3055758&ocm=sekw

Damaging a fine NCLT coin and charging $1000 for a chain and bezel.

JAM
Forum: Coins September 28th 06, 04:48 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 2
Posted By Paddy O'Day
Is the US Mint fair?

Michael wrote:

Is it fair to allow multiple orders on items that are extremely limited
like the 3 piece gold american eagle set? Some get 10..many get none.

It's OK by me.

Who told you...
Forum: Coins September 26th 06, 06:44 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 8
Posted By Paddy O'Day
Do my eyes deceive me? 1936-S Walking Lib PCGS MS-65 $99 w/noreserve

Ira wrote:

The wholesale bid on this tough Walker is $900 bid with $1000 asked.
Coin Values lists at $2000. Probably too high at $2000, since the PCGS
Price Guide is at $1175. Nevertheless,...
Forum: Coins September 26th 06, 06:38 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 18
Posted By Paddy O'Day
Academic Degrees in Coin Collecting

"But you have to figure that those with advanced
degrees, taken as a whole, will have more innate intelligence than
those without, and that they will have more motivation to gain
knowledge in all...
Forum: Coins September 26th 06, 06:25 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 5
Posted By Paddy O'Day
Horror of Horrors!

Sibirskmoneta wrote:

"Tony Clayton"
The first thing I would do is remove it from that awful slab.

I have a Scottish groat from David...
Forum: Coins August 30th 06, 10:33 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 28
Posted By Paddy O'Day
45 minutes to order Silver Eagle 20th Anniv set ...

John carney wrote:

Harv wrote:

You people who get an order through in a couple of minutes must live charmed
lives.

Harv

2 minutes or so. Nothing to it :o)
Forum: Coins August 23rd 06, 10:25 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 3
Posted By Paddy O'Day
Adventure in third party grading

clarkent wrote:

I sent five gold proof buffalos off to NGC to be graded. I got three prf 70s
and two prf 69s. I swear I cannot see any difference in the 70s and the 69s,
even under 10x mag....
Forum: Coins August 15th 06, 03:52 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 5
Posted By Paddy O'Day
Accugrade and RCC

"Mr. Jaggers" wrote:

At a past ANA convention, then-President Gary Lewis paid out of...
Forum: Coins August 14th 06, 03:36 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 6
Posted By Paddy O'Day
opening a slab

steve wrote:

can anyne tell me a safe way to open a slabbed coin? i usually put them in
a vise and hope the coin doesn't get damaged , not too good a way though

Use a hacksaw to cut off...
Forum: Coins August 3rd 06, 06:43 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 24
Posted By Paddy O'Day
Artificial toning? Should I submit?

BBQ n BLUES wrote:

Another tip:

Wrap your coins in a Taco Bell napkin for accelerated toning !

(according a post in the CU forums)

I'm gonna have to try it!
Forum: Coins August 3rd 06, 02:26 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 24
Posted By Paddy O'Day
Artifical toning? Should I submit?

Gary Loveless wrote:

On 2 Aug 2006 08:27:34 -0700, wrote:

Could anyone shed some light on whether or not I should submit this
coin or is it Artifical Toning? Once...
Forum: Coins August 2nd 06, 03:05 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 7
Posted By Paddy O'Day
Stack's auction

Bruce Remick wrote:

"Barry" wrote in message
On Tue, 1 Aug 2006 20:34:44 -0500, "Mr. Jaggers"
Forum: Coins August 1st 06, 04:45 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 7
Posted By Paddy O'Day
Gold selling

Michael Ng wrote:

Hi all,

I've inherited 7 one ounce pieces of bullion gold (e.g. american
eagles, krugerrands, and maple leafs). should i hold, or sell and get
myself another...
Forum: Coins August 1st 06, 04:43 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 2
Posted By Paddy O'Day
American Eagle Watch info?

" wrote:

Looking for any information about the watches described in this ebay
listing: Thanks

Forum: Coins August 1st 06, 04:36 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 6
Posted By Paddy O'Day
$799.95?

Capri wrote:

wrote:
That's the Coin Vault's "sale" price for a complete run of "First
Strike" Silver Eagles from 1986 to 2006 in MS69. As many of you know,
they...
Forum: Coins August 1st 06, 04:24 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 16
Posted By Paddy O'Day
Has anyone done business with Steven Orros?

WheatPenny wrote:

On 28 Jul 2006 16:04:17 -0700, climbed to the top of
the minaret and sang out:

WheatPenny wrote:
Recently I made an order for close to 100...
Forum: Coins July 24th 06, 09:18 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 80
Posted By Paddy O'Day
Penny Controversy

The Bobino wrote:

wrote:
The debate over continuing mintage of cents continues.

Would eliminating the cent from coinage be such a bad thing?

Yes it would be.
Forum: Coins July 24th 06, 09:17 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 80
Posted By Paddy O'Day
Penny Controversy

Reclining Buddha wrote:

On 24 Jul 2006 11:41:35 -0700, "Stefano MacGregor"

The debate over continuing mintage of cents...
Forum: Coins July 7th 06, 07:57 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 0
Posted By Paddy O'Day
OT Billy Eckstine

Saturday July 8th is the birthday of Billy Eckstine.

A local guy that did well.

http://www.billyeckstine.com/

http://tinyurl.com/henzh

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_Eckstine
Forum: Coins July 7th 06, 07:35 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 6
Posted By Paddy O'Day
A penny saved could become a penny spurned

http://www.usatoday.com/money/2006-07-06-penny-usat_x.htm

--
Is Ross Perot available?

"Times change, you have to adapt to...
Forum: Coins July 6th 06, 10:47 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 2
Posted By Paddy O'Day
NGC vs PCGS ???

Michael wrote:

Are they both equally respected?

Not by everyone.

Do they work together when it comes to counting how many variations or
how many of a certain grade?

No.
Forum: Coins July 5th 06, 02:50 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 6
Posted By Paddy O'Day
Coin Vault Clowns Claim ICG Grading To Order

Kevin Franks wrote:

This evening on the Shop At Home Network, The Coin Vault claims that ICG
accepted bribes of $200,000.00 (their statement, not mine) to grade the new
Buffalo Gold Coin at...
Forum: Coins July 5th 06, 02:47 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 1
Posted By Paddy O'Day
Canadian money

Sylvain wrote:

Where can I find information about canadian dolars. I have a 10$ bill
with impression errors. I am trying to find it's value.

Showing results 1 to 23 of 23