Showing results 1 to 25 of 52
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Scot Kamins
Forum: Books November 16th 08, 10:21 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 15
Posted By Scot Kamins
Little Blue Books?

On Nov 16, 4:29*am, Big Q wrote:
On Nov 11, 2:33*am, scotkamins wrote:

In article
Forum: Books April 10th 08, 07:58 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 1
Posted By Scot Kamins
Revenue and Technology of Clandestine Organizations

In article ,
"" wrote:

Revenue and Technology of Clandestine Organizations

snip

Oh boy.

Where do these people comefrom???
Forum: Books November 20th 07, 01:30 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 17
Posted By Scot Kamins
uncollected Salinger and his ravening lawyers

In article ,
"John R. Yamamoto-Wilson" wrote:

It's true that in 1974 he took legal action (against the publisher and
against...
Forum: Books November 17th 07, 05:23 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 17
Posted By Scot Kamins
uncollected Salinger and his ravening lawyers

In article
,
RF wrote:

Why would he describe the condition as "fine" or say it is "not rare"
if a...
Forum: Books November 16th 07, 09:49 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 17
Posted By Scot Kamins
uncollected Salinger and his ravening lawyers

In article ,
RF wrote:

On Nov 11, 7:40 am, Jack Campin - bogus address
wrote:
We (i.e....
Forum: Books October 27th 07, 02:02 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 2
Posted By Scot Kamins
Lost Girls - First Printing - 3 Volume Set

In article ,
"tom" wrote:

For more than a century, Alice, Wendy, and Dorothy have been our guides
through the Wonderland, Neverland, and...
Forum: Books October 13th 07, 06:55 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 2
Posted By Scot Kamins
Robet B. Parker and More - SALE!

In article 5t6Qi.11162$G25.142@edtnps89,
"Willow Arune" wrote:

Okay, I admit it. I am nothing but a nasty profiteer...

You MUST now that posting For Sale messages here...
Forum: Books September 23rd 07, 05:26 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 12
Posted By Scot Kamins
Book Steward

In article ,
"Bill Spock" wrote:

I'm American and never even heard of that word before. But it does sound
like a word that...
Forum: Books September 23rd 07, 05:24 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 12
Posted By Scot Kamins
Book Steward

In article ,
"Don Phillipson" wrote:

"RF" wrote in message
Forum: Books September 4th 07, 01:28 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 3
Posted By Scot Kamins
Allen Ginsberg's BALLAD OF THE SKELETONS CD

In article ,
"Ron" wrote:

it sucks and so do you

sigh OK, whose turn was it to check IDs?

--
Scot Kamins
Maintaining the...

In article ,
"Chris" wrote:

So report them for spamming....they have been warned dozens of times to stop
it.

"Jim"...
Forum: Books September 1st 07, 07:47 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 3
Posted By Scot Kamins
FA: 7 book lot National Geographic world photo essays

In article ,
Jim wrote:

Off Topic: this is *not* a forum to list sales...

I wrote to the beanhead telling him that;...
Forum: Books August 25th 07, 07:30 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 5
Posted By Scot Kamins
Miami Bookstores Anyone?

In article ,
RWF wrote:

On Aug 23, 6:31 pm, Scot Kamins wrote:
In article...
Forum: Books August 23rd 07, 11:31 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 5
Posted By Scot Kamins
Miami Bookstores Anyone?

In article ,
"mark" wrote:

why would you want to waste your tropical vacation time in old book stores?

Why would you have the...
Forum: Books July 23rd 07, 06:23 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 2
Posted By Scot Kamins
Incredibly Valuable ML Faulkner on eBay

Folks,

There's an amazing Faulkner being offered on eBay right now. It's the
Modern Library edition of Intruder in the Dust (1964) and it's signed by
Faulkner! The fact that Faulkner died two...
Forum: Books July 20th 07, 11:26 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 4
Posted By Scot Kamins
Survey: Deathly Hallow Opinions

In article ,
JohnZhang wrote:

What did you think? http://www.thepollspace.com/polls.php?pollid=1837

In terms of...
Forum: Books July 19th 07, 05:42 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 11
Posted By Scot Kamins
how determine the value (Josephus Flavius)

In article 31zni.54495$xk5.2321@edtnps82,
"Claudia Tenold" wrote:

A good resource to get a market value of a book is www.abebooks.com

I would disagree. abeBooks only tells...
Forum: Books June 24th 07, 06:59 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 7
Posted By Scot Kamins
A Major Brag - Waverley 1st

In article 467df85d@kcnews01,
"Francis A. Miniter" wrote:

As first issue, I would guess probably four figures.

And no embedded decimal point? Yikes! :-D

--
Scot...
Forum: Books June 24th 07, 02:37 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books

In article 467dc53b@kcnews01,
"Francis A. Miniter" wrote:

I know. I feel like I have a lifetime task ahead of me! I learned today
that
the books at the sale...
Forum: Books June 23rd 07, 11:15 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 9
Posted By Scot Kamins
What is Paris Hilton Reading in Jail?

In article ,
"Kris Baker" wrote:

"Melinda" wrote in message
Forum: Books June 18th 07, 07:06 PM Posted to rec.arts.books,rec.collecting.books
Replies: 14
Posted By Scot Kamins
New Books With Rough Page Edges

In article ,
Barbara Bailey wrote:

Alice, that page is incredibly helpful! The differences between the
examples are clear, and...
Forum: Books June 7th 07, 05:07 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 13
Posted By Scot Kamins
E. Richard Johnson

In article wFD9i.6451$vT6.52@edtnps90,
"Willow Arune" wrote:

Yes, quite a difference, isn't there?

This whole thing is very sad. Very sad indeed. :-(

--
Scot...
Forum: Books May 10th 07, 12:25 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books

In article ,
wrote:

just wondering if anyone could give me a couple hints on how to start
up a collection?

Is this a...
Forum: Books April 2nd 07, 01:04 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 19
Posted By Scot Kamins
Question about $0.01 used book prices on Amazon

In article ,
Ted Jones wrote:

Moral: Don't ask why, don't ask how, just ask how much.

And don't forget to ask IN ADVANCE about...
Forum: Books March 27th 07, 11:14 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 34
Posted By Scot Kamins
Goodwill Pricing

In article ,
wrote:

Not so fast! If you back track on that thread,
you will see very clearly that our...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 52