Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 2.10 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Mr. Jaggers
Forum: Coins June 23rd 10, 06:03 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 15
Posted By Mr. Jaggers
OT World Cup

Jud wrote:
OK, this is a personal pet peeve of mine, both linguistically and
historically.

It is HOCKEY, not Ice Hockey. The differentiation is made with Field
Hockey.
It is SKIING, not...
Forum: Coins June 22nd 10, 01:27 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 3
Posted By Mr. Jaggers
So what happened to Mid-America???

oly wrote:
On Jun 21, 5:56 pm, "Mr. Jaggers" lugburzman[at]yahoo[dot]com wrote:
oly wrote:
While I wasn't paying attention, the annual Mid-America show in
Chicago/Rosemont/Schaumberg...
Forum: Coins June 22nd 10, 12:56 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins

oly wrote:
While I wasn't paying attention, the annual Mid-America show in
Chicago/Rosemont/Schaumberg seems to have disappeared???

oly

News of the cancellation of Mid-America 2010 broke...
Forum: Coins June 7th 10, 08:44 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 6
Posted By Mr. Jaggers
A bit ot - counterfeit bills

Bob-tx wrote:
From a Clark Howard newsletter

May 27, 2010 -- Don't accept or carry anything larger than a $20
bill
RIP-OFF ALERT: Clark has a rule: He never carries anything larger
than a...
Forum: Coins June 7th 10, 02:37 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 2
Posted By Mr. Jaggers
Goodbye Spaghetti Hair? WARNING: An OLY semi-rant.

oly wrote:
I was given my first "Hot Springs" Quarter yesterday at an Elongated
Coin Meet on 5 June in Rockville, Indiana. The piece was a 2010-D and
the collector who gave it to me obtained...
Forum: Coins June 3rd 10, 07:54 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 15
Posted By Mr. Jaggers
2010 Lincoln Cents

Jud wrote:
On Jun 2, 11:42 pm, Jerry Dennis wrote:

I prefer "codger."

I have progressed from geezer to codger myself. Soon I hope to become
a 'curmudgeon'.

I give...
Forum: Coins June 3rd 10, 01:06 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 26
Posted By Mr. Jaggers
Dollar Coins in Normal Commerce

Bruce Remick wrote:
Bruce Remick wrote:
"Mr. Jaggers" lugburzman[at]yahoo[dot]com wrote...
Forum: Coins June 2nd 10, 08:54 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins

Bruce Remick wrote:
Bruce Remick wrote:
"Mr. Jaggers" lugburzman[at]yahoo[dot]com wrote...
Forum: Coins June 2nd 10, 08:41 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 26
Posted By Mr. Jaggers
Eating crow (was:Dollar Coins in Normal Commerce)

Bruce Remick wrote:
Mr. Jaggers wrote:
Bruce Remick wrote:
"Mr. Jaggers"...
Forum: Coins June 2nd 10, 07:05 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 26
Posted By Mr. Jaggers
Eating crow (was:Dollar Coins in Normal Commerce)

Mr. Jaggers wrote:
Bruce Remick wrote:
GFH wrote:
Are dollar coins being used in...
Forum: Coins June 2nd 10, 04:15 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 26
Posted By Mr. Jaggers
Dollar Coins in Normal Commerce

Bruce Remick wrote:
GFH wrote:
Are dollar coins being used in normal commerce? I have not...
Forum: Coins June 2nd 10, 02:35 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 0
Posted By Mr. Jaggers
US Mint & "America the Beautiful" ?

MKW wrote:
How can US Mint claim that when so many other things use that
phrase? Postal Commemorative Society copyrighted that name for a set
of colorful postal covers issued throughout the...
Forum: Coins June 2nd 10, 02:25 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 26
Posted By Mr. Jaggers
Dollar Coins in Normal Commerce

GFH wrote:
Are dollar coins being used in normal commerce? I have not seen even
one. My bank does not have any. The local post office has never seen
one. I live near Charlottesville, VA.

Forum: Coins May 31st 10, 02:43 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 4
Posted By Mr. Jaggers
PCGS files lawsuite against coin doctors ...

Ira wrote:
On May 29, 3:24 am, Ken Barr wrote:
PCGS filed a federal lawsuite against five alleged "coin doctors"
claiming that they "engaged in a pattern of racketeering...
Forum: Coins May 20th 10, 11:35 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 4
Posted By Mr. Jaggers
My latest PCGS adventure

Relayer wrote:
On May 19, 6:46?pm, "Mr. Jaggers" lugburzman[at]yahoo[dot]com wrote:
Last year about this time I submitted an 1864 three cent silver to
PCGS for grading as a circulation...
Forum: Coins May 20th 10, 12:47 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 35
Posted By Mr. Jaggers
Beck and Goldline International

Bruce Remick wrote:
Peter wrote:
On May 19, 5:27 pm, Frank Galikanokus...
Forum: Coins May 20th 10, 12:46 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 4
Posted By Mr. Jaggers
My latest PCGS adventure

Last year about this time I submitted an 1864 three cent silver to PCGS for
grading as a circulation strike. It came back slabbed PR61. I am 100%
convinced it is a circulation strike made from...
Forum: Coins May 20th 10, 12:35 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 35
Posted By Mr. Jaggers
Beck and Goldline International

Mr. Jaggers wrote:
Peter wrote:
On May 19, 10:19 am, Frank Galikanokus
wrote:

The only people pushing for a return to the gold standard are those
Forum: Coins May 19th 10, 11:49 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 35
Posted By Mr. Jaggers
Beck and Goldline International

Frank Galikanokus wrote:
"Mr. Jaggers" wrote:

Frank Galikanokus wrote:
"Mr. Jaggers" wrote:

oly wrote:
On May 19, 7:21 am, "Mr. Jaggers"...
Forum: Coins May 19th 10, 11:36 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins

wrote:

The only people pushing for a return to the gold standard are those
that are heavily invested in...
Forum: Coins May 19th 10, 11:34 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins

Peter wrote:
On May 19, 5:27 pm, Frank Galikanokus
wrote:

When prices are at historic levels, when the buy, buy, buy messages
reaches hysterical levels,...
Forum: Coins May 19th 10, 08:30 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 35
Posted By Mr. Jaggers
Beck and Goldline International

Frank Galikanokus wrote:
"Mr. Jaggers" wrote:

oly wrote:
On May 19, 7:21 am, "Mr. Jaggers" lugburzman[at]yahoo[dot]com
wrote:
oly wrote:
On May 18, 9:32 pm, "Bruce...
Forum: Coins May 19th 10, 08:15 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 35
Posted By Mr. Jaggers
Beck and Goldline International

Frank Galikanokus wrote:
"Mr. Jaggers" wrote:

Frank Galikanokus wrote:
"Mr. Jaggers" wrote:

oly wrote:
On May 18, 2:59 pm, Ken Barr wrote:
In...
Forum: Coins May 19th 10, 03:22 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 35
Posted By Mr. Jaggers
Beck and Goldline International

Frank Galikanokus wrote:
Bruce Remick wrote:

oly wrote:
On May 18, 2:59 pm, Ken...
Forum: Coins May 19th 10, 03:19 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins

Frank Galikanokus wrote:
"Mr. Jaggers" wrote:

oly wrote:
On May 18, 2:59 pm, Ken Barr wrote: