Showing results 1 to 25 of 52
Search took 0.75 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Jass
Forum: Coins February 19th 08, 06:31 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 16
Posted By Jass
The Penny -- National Public Radio (Market Place Story)

Do you also complain when at the gas station the mil at the end is
rounded? Does anyone even know how they round them?

Also, how does the post office deal with their prices, such as 52.2
cents?
Forum: Coins February 14th 08, 04:47 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 32
Posted By Jass
60 minutes just started taking cents

1) I understand and agree with the argument that since the mint makes
profit on higher denom coins, it shouldnt complain about losing money
on pennies.

2) Overhead has nothing to do with it. As long...
Forum: Coins February 3rd 08, 02:41 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 9
Posted By Jass
The Last Redesign of the U.S. $5 Bill?

The only thing this article showed me is how absurdly powerful the
vending machine industry is.

The 5 will be redesigned in the future. Ive heard them say this in the
past. It wont be as frequent as...
Forum: Coins January 18th 08, 10:18 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 31
Posted By Jass
I don't think the new dollar coin will be anything more

On Jan 18, 4:41 pm, "Squat" wrote:
"Jass" wrote in message

Its...
Forum: Coins January 18th 08, 10:11 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 1
Posted By Jass
ikes part 2

Id like 2.

jamesinclair (at) yahoo (dot) com
Forum: Coins January 18th 08, 02:26 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 31
Posted By Jass
I don't think the new dollar coin will be anything more

Its very easy for me to get a bunch of brand new pressie bucks.

Walk a block to the subway station. Insert $20 bill. Credit $1 to my
fare card. Receive 19$ in change, all as coins. 95% will be...
Forum: Coins January 5th 08, 06:57 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 19
Posted By Jass
Steel cents on the way...?

From my experience abroad, its easy to have cheap coins in different
colors.

Brazil has steal coins coated in copper for the 1 and 5 cent coins for
the same color as the penny. 10 and 25 cents are...
Forum: Coins January 4th 08, 12:39 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 33
Posted By Jass
Seattle newspaper says retire the paper dollar

Instead of wasting time fighting the dollar bill, which can be useful
and is worth $1, more effort should be put in removing the worthless
penny which costs more money to make.

Yes, the government...
Forum: Coins January 1st 08, 11:41 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 36
Posted By Jass
MOVING LOCATION OF "IN GOD WE TRUST" ON PRESIDENTAL DOLLAR COINS

I havent encountered a vending machine that wont take them in ages.

I do know of vending machines that have room for the half but just
drop them through.

In Boston, the T gives them out as change...
Forum: Coins October 13th 07, 07:35 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 17
Posted By Jass
$1 Bill Elimination?

Pennies need to go before the bill does.

And theres no point in a 20cent coin. We dont want to reduce values of
our coins with inflation, just more stuff to carry around.
Forum: Coins June 11th 07, 09:26 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 62
Posted By Jass
Is the end of the U.S. Nickel near?

On Jun 11, 10:56 am, "Michael G. Koerner" wrote:
Edwin Johnston wrote:
Jim Higgins wrote:
Michael G. Koerner wrote:
I has suggested in prior threads on this...
Forum: Coins June 6th 07, 01:40 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 51
Posted By Jass
Halves And Dollars Going Out Of Style In US - Why?

I use a wallet. My wallet has a pocket for coins. I seperate the
quarters for laundry and spend everything else when convenient.

Ex: Purchase is 1.01, I will find a penny vs receiving a bunch...
Forum: Coins April 1st 07, 07:55 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 25
Posted By Jass
Congressman claims SBA bucks a problem

Theres a reason an Ike and a quarter were never mistaken, and I dont
think I have to say why
Forum: Coins March 26th 07, 09:16 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 81
Posted By Jass
More about Sacs

Poor Sacagawea, there will be ~500 million of her sitting in some
moldy wearhouse.

I hope some lawmaker notices this horrible waste and reduces the 1/3
amount to something sensible, like 1/5
Forum: Coins March 7th 07, 06:51 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 74
Posted By Jass
New Dollar Coin Boycott Email

Well hey, more exposure for the new coins!
Forum: Coins March 7th 07, 06:48 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 40
Posted By Jass
new george dollar,,refused

I actually bought one lottery ticket yesterday at a 7-11 and payed
with a shiny Sac. No problem at all.
Forum: Coins March 6th 07, 10:36 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 77
Posted By Jass
Coins from the Bank

On Mar 6, 5:14 pm, Padraic Brown wrote:
On Mon, 5 Mar 2007 12:52:41 -0600, "Mr. Jaggers"

lugburzman[at]yahoo[dot]com wrote:

"A.E. Gelat" ...
Forum: Coins March 5th 07, 07:48 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 77
Posted By Jass
Coins from the Bank

On Mar 3, 10:00 pm, (e) wrote:
In article , "Jass" wrote:

Tellers dont know anything. A few...
Forum: Coins March 3rd 07, 10:19 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 77
Posted By Jass
Coins from the Bank

Tellers dont know anything. A few days ago, I went to 6 different
banks to try to find Ikes. Not one teller knew what they were.
Forum: Coins February 26th 07, 08:16 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 35
Posted By Jass
"Ditch the dollar greenback"

I like the current system, where we have BOTH options.

I like receiving dollar bills in change.
I like using dollar coins in vending machines, or receiving them as
change in machines.

They serve...
Forum: Coins February 25th 07, 10:04 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 20
Posted By Jass
No Washington $1 coins at my bank

I ONLY get 2001 Sacs from the Boston MBTA machines.Theyre all
amazingly shiny.

I always stick in a $10 and add $5 to my card for 5 coins return.
Forum: Coins February 23rd 07, 08:11 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 74
Posted By Jass
My Washington Dollar Experience

Im all for adding the $1 to the sacks.

Id be shocked if after the quarter state series the new design doesnt
include 25c

Penny could go either way.
Forum: Coins February 20th 07, 04:59 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 33
Posted By Jass
the NEW dollar coin...

On Feb 19, 9:53 pm, "Jonathan_ATC" wrote:
"Bruce Farley" wrote in message

Forum: Coins February 15th 07, 11:20 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 30
Posted By Jass
Presidential Dollars and my bank

So what are the chances that in 5 months, I ask for a roll of dollars,
and get some presidents mixed in with the Sacs, in the same way I can
get susies mixed in now?
Forum: Coins February 13th 07, 02:50 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 29
Posted By Jass
Speaking of Presidential Dollars......

Vending machine story:

Just this weekend I needed a drink and had a dollar coin (and a 10
bill).

I like coke, so I tried the coke machine, but my selection was "sold
out" (even though it was a...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 52