Showing results 1 to 25 of 114
Search took 0.50 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Toke Nørby
Forum: Coins August 6th 13, 06:30 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss,rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 23
Posted By Toke Nørby
What is your opinion on coin / medallic / token covers?

Toke Nørby wrote:

Ken Barr wrote:

Philatelic Numismatic Combinations (PNCs) had their heyday in the 1960's
and 1970's ... they've been pretty much...
Forum: General Discussion March 8th 12, 10:09 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 5
Posted By Toke Nørby
Photo of Roland King-Farlow?

Sir F.A. Rien wrote:

If the racing club is still in existance, perhaps that might also be a
source.

It's still there - but don't answer e-mails :-)
Mvh
Toke
--...
Forum: General Discussion March 2nd 12, 09:06 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 5
Posted By Toke Nørby
Photo of Roland King-Farlow?

Sir F.A. Rien wrote:

...snip

If the racing club is still in existance, perhaps that might also be a
source.

Yes, I'll try that if Susan Oliver can't find her photo. She...
Forum: General Discussion March 2nd 12, 12:58 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 5
Posted By Toke Nørby
Photo of Roland King-Farlow?

Sir F.A. Rien wrote:

On Thu, 01 Mar 2012 16:05:35 +0100, Toke Nørby
sharpened a crayon and wrote:

Most of you have heard about this famous philatelist...
Forum: General Discussion March 1st 12, 04:05 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 5
Posted By Toke Nørby
Photo of Roland King-Farlow?

Most of you have heard about this famous philatelist (1907-1974).
I need a photo of him but can't find one. Can any of you help, please?
Mvh
Toke
--

Læs om "Skivearket" og...
Forum: Coins February 13th 12, 08:20 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 23
Posted By Toke Nørby
What is your opinion on coin / medallic / token covers?

"Bremick" wrote:

"Jud" wrote in message
There once was a time when stamps...
Forum: Coins February 12th 12, 12:17 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 23
Posted By Toke Nørby
What is your opinion on coin / medallic / token covers?

oly wrote:

Proof that stamp collecting is dead???

When I go to the Super Walmart on South Sixth Street here in the
Patch, they sell three monthly magazines about coin...
Forum: Coins February 10th 12, 10:13 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 23
Posted By Toke Nørby
What is your opinion on coin / medallic / token covers?

oly wrote:

....snip

RAM means "Royal Australian Mint" and NCLT means "non-circulating
legal tender" (i.e., collectors-only coin issues which never end up in
people's pockets...
Forum: Coins February 10th 12, 08:34 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 23
Posted By Toke Nørby
What is your opinion on coin / medallic / token covers?

Jud wrote:

...snip
Being the obsessive/compulsive type of 'complete collection'
collector, I admit to having purchased some PNC's from Australia as it
was the ONLY way to...
Forum: Coins February 9th 12, 04:44 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss,rec.collecting.coins

Ken Barr wrote:

Philatelic Numismatic Combinations (PNCs) had their heyday in the 1960's
and 1970's ... they've been pretty much moribund since then. 99 Company
PNCs still...
Forum: Coins February 9th 12, 04:24 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss,rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 23
Posted By Toke Nørby
What is your opinion on coin / medallic / token covers?

Jerry Dennis wrote:

They're pretty much a marketing ploy by the Mint to make a few extra
bucks. For the most part, coin collectors don't buy them, preferring
the coin itself...
Forum: Coins February 9th 12, 04:21 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss,rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 23
Posted By Toke Nørby
What is your opinion on coin / medallic / token covers?

Terry Reedy wrote:

I am not sure I have seen what you refer to. Do they have real coins? or
foil-covered cardboard, like the covered with 'gold-bars' inside a
plastic...
Forum: Coins February 8th 12, 10:13 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss,rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 23
Posted By Toke Nørby
What is your opinion on coin / medallic / token covers?

I'm writing on a small article about coin covers and would like to
know why these covers are made and to whom they are sold.

Are there any of you stamp or coin collectors who collect such covers?
or...
Forum: General Discussion October 16th 11, 04:54 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 12
Posted By Toke Nørby
solution for taking new stamps off paper

Sir F. A. Rien wrote:

Neb found these unused words:

On Oct 15, 11:21*am, Sir F. A. Rien wrote:
Neb ...
Forum: General Discussion October 15th 11, 07:50 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 2
Posted By Toke Nørby
A. A Kranhold

Toke Nørby wrote:

Please take a look at
http://norbyhus.dk/artiklermm/
upper article in the right side or use the direct...
Forum: General Discussion October 1st 11, 06:58 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 2
Posted By Toke Nørby
A. A Kranhold

Toke Nørby wrote:

In the 1920ties an american named A. A. Kranhold described a variety
in the Danish stamp 4 RBS: "Kranhold's Retouch" now called.

Can any of you give...
Forum: General Discussion August 27th 11, 07:50 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 2
Posted By Toke Nørby
A. A Kranhold

In the 1920ties an american named A. A. Kranhold described a variety
in the Danish stamp 4 RBS: "Kranhold's Retouch" now called.

Can any of you give me a short CV of him? Who he was, where he...
Forum: General Discussion May 26th 11, 08:54 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 4
Posted By Toke Nørby
What's the English word for "efterporto"?

Don Levey wrote:

On 5/26/2011 13:55, Toke Nørby wrote:
Efterporto (sometimes called strafporto) is the Danish word for what
the reciever must pay when you have sent...
Forum: General Discussion May 26th 11, 06:55 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 4
Posted By Toke Nørby
What's the English word for "efterporto"?

Efterporto (sometimes called strafporto) is the Danish word for what
the reciever must pay when you have sent him a letter with
insufficient postage and he must pay the rest and a fee? I...
Forum: General Discussion May 24th 11, 07:43 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 5
Posted By Toke Nørby
Warning (was My favorite stamp sold!)

Toke Nørby wrote:

Terry Reedy wrote:
...snip
Forum: General Discussion May 24th 11, 07:24 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 5
Posted By Toke Nørby
Warning (was My favorite stamp sold!)

Terry Reedy wrote:

On 5/24/2011 1:04 PM, Toke Nørby wrote:
I think you should know how attractive some 1955 DK stamps are. Take a
look he

Forum: General Discussion May 24th 11, 06:04 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 5
Posted By Toke Nørby
My favorite stamp sold!

I think you should know how attractive some 1955 DK stamps are. Take a
look...
Forum: Marketplace May 14th 11, 09:17 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.marketplace
Replies: 2
Posted By Toke Nørby
Collection of Russian Perfins for sale at a Danish auction!

Sir F. A. Rien wrote:

Milco found these unused words:

...snip
I see that it is sold out - more than 1 euro per one pcs - not bad...
Forum: General Discussion April 17th 11, 08:05 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 13
Posted By Toke Nørby
Reciept for a war time gift?

Do you want a print of the secured PDF-document?
You can make a print if you:

1. Open Word.

2. Open the PDF-document and ajust the size so you see page 1.

3. Hold down the ALT-key and press the...
Forum: General Discussion April 14th 11, 04:01 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 13
Posted By Toke Nørby
Reciept for a war time gift?

Toke Nørby wrote:

....snip
I hope that this is of some assistance to you.

Blair

"Some assistance"? It's bullseye :-) Thanks so much, Blair! :-)
--
Showing results 1 to 25 of 114