Showing results 1 to 25 of 91
Search took 3.80 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Stefano MacGregor
Forum: Coins February 25th 08, 02:50 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 16
Posted By Stefano MacGregor
The Penny -- National Public Radio (Market Place Story)

On Feb 18, 10:06*pm, Phil DeMayo wrote:

Legislation proposed for getting rid of the cent has
always included provisions for rounding down as well as up.
The rounding would...
Forum: Coins February 25th 08, 02:34 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 16
Posted By Stefano MacGregor
The Penny -- National Public Radio (Market Place Story)

On Feb 18, 7:10*pm, "Arizona Coin Collector"
wrote:

I totally disagree with Dan Drezner remarks in getting
rid of the Penny. If a piece of gum cost me 0.03 cents,
I would...
Forum: Coins February 18th 08, 01:58 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins,uk.rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 8
Posted By Stefano MacGregor
So that's what the new design decimal coins in the UK will belike....

On Feb 17, 4:42*am, "Hertfordian" wrote:

Just been browsing on the London Gazette
websitehttp://www.gazettes-online.co.uk/and did a search
for "coin". *If you look at...
Forum: Coins February 11th 08, 11:01 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 1
Posted By Stefano MacGregor
A time for change...

On Feb 11, 12:22*pm, "
wrote:

http://chronicle.augusta.com/stories/021108/moo_186917.shtml

The OP is a few fries short of a Happy Meal, but the
Forum: Coins January 29th 08, 03:34 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 5
Posted By Stefano MacGregor
Strange Goings On Over At Ebay

On Jan 28, 4:14*am, wrote:

What makes people list some very weird and outrageous items on Ebay?

Who knows? Some time back someone was auctioning off a grilled...
Forum: Coins January 19th 08, 05:59 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 31
Posted By Stefano MacGregor
I don't think the new dollar coin will be anything more

On Jan 18, 3:18*pm, Jass wrote:

Because it's so common to get these coins as change from the
machines, I've never had any problem spending them.

I have no trouble...
Forum: Coins January 19th 08, 05:51 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 44
Posted By Stefano MacGregor
Who here favors a circulating U.S. $2 Coin?

On Jan 19, 9:29*am, RF wrote:

Out here ciggies are getting so expensive (due to fed/state/county/
local taxes) that you practically need to take out a 2nd mortgage to
by...
Forum: Coins January 18th 08, 07:09 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 33
Posted By Stefano MacGregor
Would you support a circulating U.S. $5 Coin?

On Jan 17, 6:38*pm, "Bruce Remick" wrote:

From most accounts I've read, these gold coins never circulated widely,
especially in the East. *About like silver dollars.

From most...
Forum: Coins January 18th 08, 07:00 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 16
Posted By Stefano MacGregor
Having trouble getting Presidential Dollar Coins?

On Jan 18, 10:42*am, "Bruce Remick" wrote:

I assume you're talking about the banks you frequent. *Each time
I pick up my new pres dollar roll at my BofA bank, I ask if they
Forum: Coins January 17th 08, 05:29 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 33
Posted By Stefano MacGregor
Would you support a circulating U.S. $5 Coin?

On Jan 16, 9:40*pm, Coffee's For Closers Usenet2...@THE-DOMAIN-
IN.SIG wrote:

Five Dollars is too much for a coin. *Yet.

I don't see why. We used to have $2½, $5, $10, and $20...
Forum: Coins January 17th 08, 05:19 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 31
Posted By Stefano MacGregor
I don't think the new dollar coin will be anything more

On Jan 17, 10:03*am, Bill Dukenfield
wrote:

The ONLY way for the dollar coins to circulate is to eliminate paper
dollars.

Maybe -- maybe not. If someone could have...
Forum: Coins January 17th 08, 05:12 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 31
Posted By Stefano MacGregor
I don't think the new dollar coin will be anything more

On Jan 17, 9:33*am, shreadvector wrote:

One problem that you can personally overcome is only getting one roll
per month. how about getting 4 rolls or more per week...
Forum: Coins January 15th 08, 06:32 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 33
Posted By Stefano MacGregor
Would you support a circulating U.S. $5 Coin?

On Jan 14, 6:34*pm, Jon Purkey wrote:

A 20 cent coin would be nice though. Then coins would be
1 (if not eliminated), 5, 10, 20, $1 and $2 and bills $5,
$10 and...
Forum: Coins January 14th 08, 11:16 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 7
Posted By Stefano MacGregor
Gold over $900

On Jan 14, 3:31*pm, RF wrote:

Gold is over $900/oz.
Can $1000 be far away?

Yes, it can. And it might actually be far away. Or it could be
close. This is called...
Forum: Coins January 14th 08, 11:13 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 33
Posted By Stefano MacGregor
Would you support a circulating U.S. $5 Coin?

On Jan 13, 10:44*pm, wrote:

I too, don't believe that coins aren't too heavy.

If you have all your money in small denominations, you'll have a lot
of pieces of money, and if...
Forum: Coins January 14th 08, 10:26 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 33
Posted By Stefano MacGregor
Would you support a circulating U.S. $5 Coin?

On Jan 13, 7:36*pm, wrote:

Anyway, would you support a new U.S. $5 coin? I know Canada
was talking about issuing a new $5 coin to replace their $5
bill, that would be a...
Forum: Coins January 13th 08, 08:07 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 9
Posted By Stefano MacGregor
you ask and Quran answer

On Jan 7, 5:16*am, small giant wrote:

Okay, I'll ask a question:

Why does this poster post off-topic messages? Can the Quran answer
this question?

--
Stefano
Forum: Coins January 10th 08, 08:19 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins

On Jan 9, 9:58*pm, wrote:

Don't give me crap about not needing to redesign the $1
bill because of the dollar coin replacing it. That's the
biggest bunch of bull,...
Forum: Coins January 8th 08, 02:42 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 9
Posted By Stefano MacGregor
you ask and Quran answer

On Jan 7, 5:16*am, small giant wrote:

*Who is the creator?

In the case of coins, the creator is the mint. Tell us what the Quran
says about coins.

--
Stefano
Forum: Coins January 4th 08, 11:41 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins

On Jan 4, 7:13*am, "
wrote:

It makes sure not to affect the bicentennial coins for
2009, but this is a long-overdue change.

What is 2009 the...
Forum: Coins January 3rd 08, 10:44 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 33
Posted By Stefano MacGregor
Seattle newspaper says retire the paper dollar

On Jan 2, 10:01*am, RF wrote:

Do you have a better suggestion?

I like the dollar bill, use them all the time and
am perfectly happy doing so.

Let me rephrase the...
Forum: Coins January 2nd 08, 04:28 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 33
Posted By Stefano MacGregor
Seattle newspaper says retire the paper dollar

On Jan 2, 9:02*am, RF wrote:

The dollar bill is one of the very few examples of the
government actually giving the people what they want!

So is the dollar coin. I want...
Forum: Coins December 28th 07, 10:55 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 140
Posted By Stefano MacGregor
Mottoes on US coins

On Dec 28, 3:20*pm, "Mr. Jaggers" lugburzman[at]yahoo[dot]com wrote:

You no doubt know, but I'll iterate it here for those who do
not, that "mind your business" in that era meant to pay...
Forum: Coins December 28th 07, 09:32 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 140
Posted By Stefano MacGregor
Mottoes on US coins

I think we should bring back some of the mottoes used on early US
coins, because they can still inspire us.

I would especially like to see "MIND YOUR BUSINESS".

--
Stefano
Forum: Coins December 17th 07, 04:49 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins

On Dec 16, 8:20 pm, RF wrote:

Check out the "AU" coin with "nice luster":

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160189219704

Not quite lustrous enough for...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 91