Showing results 1 to 12 of 12
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Old School Al
Forum: Juke Boxes February 16th 15, 05:50 AM Posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Replies: 2
Posted By Old School Al
WTB: R85 head of record player arm

Hi,

The black head piece at the end of player arm that holds the cartridge snapped off. Not sure what the exact part name might be.

Maybe I just buy a whole player arm assembly?

Al
Forum: Juke Boxes April 20th 10, 09:14 PM Posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Replies: 3
Posted By Old School Al
R-85 continuous play question

Thanks for the info kreed. I may look into that and see how it goes.

Alan, I had thought of that (turning records around) and may still
give that a shot though I don't relish the prospect of all...
Forum: Juke Boxes April 19th 10, 08:50 PM Posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Replies: 3
Posted By Old School Al
R-85 continuous play question

I notice when on this setting the unit only plays 'B' sides (200-299)
of records. Is there a way to mod this unit to also play 'A' side
(100-199) selections?
Forum: Juke Boxes March 29th 10, 09:59 PM Posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Replies: 20
Posted By Old School Al
R-85 losing 'home', playing wrong selection (part II)

I didn't pay $100 but a lot more than $12.

I checked that Farnell site and finding that part without a part
number would be difficult.

On Mar 29, 8:36*am, kreed wrote:
On...
Forum: Juke Boxes March 26th 10, 01:45 PM Posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Replies: 20
Posted By Old School Al
R-85 losing 'home', playing wrong selection (part II)

Yea, I had reflowed solder on all boards previously (see earlier posts
in thread).

I have the new optical switch in there and things seems to be better
now.

On Mar 25, 3:14*pm, Tony...
Forum: Juke Boxes March 24th 10, 06:35 PM Posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Replies: 20
Posted By Old School Al
R-85 losing 'home', playing wrong selection (part II)

LED does flash while the carousel is turning to select the next
record.

I have a new optical switch on order and will see what this does for
me.

On Mar 23, 8:33*pm, Tony ...
Forum: Juke Boxes March 23rd 10, 07:09 PM Posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Replies: 20
Posted By Old School Al
R-85 losing 'home', playing wrong selection (part II)

Guess I should have changed the subject to reflect that this remains
unresolved. Done. :)

On Mar 22, 4:28*pm, Old School Al wrote:
Well, the trouble has returned. Here is...
Forum: Juke Boxes March 22nd 10, 09:28 PM Posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Replies: 20
Posted By Old School Al
R-85 losing 'home', playing wrong selection

Well, the trouble has returned. Here is what I am seeing now.

Turn the unit on and play a song, wroong selection plays. After a
couple wrong selections play it then starts playing the...
Forum: Juke Boxes February 8th 10, 06:02 PM Posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Replies: 20
Posted By Old School Al
R-85 losing 'home', playing wrong selection

The battery I have on there appears to be a 1/2 lithium (small white
cylinder type) but there is no diode inline with it. Which end does
the diode go on and what end of the diode? I could not...
Forum: Juke Boxes February 8th 10, 05:32 AM Posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Replies: 20
Posted By Old School Al
R-85 losing 'home', playing wrong selection

Thanks for the tips, guys. Finally got around to checking it out and
it turned out to be the battery on the CCC. It_appeared_to be conneted
but upon closer inspection the negative lead was simply...
Forum: Juke Boxes January 29th 10, 03:32 PM Posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Replies: 20
Posted By Old School Al
R-85 losing 'home', playing wrong selection

Thanks guys! I will check these items out and let you know the
outcome.

I had reflowed the solder on the mech control board pins, but no joy.
I will do likewise on the other board and check the...
Forum: Juke Boxes January 28th 10, 04:17 PM Posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Replies: 20
Posted By Old School Al
R-85 losing 'home', playing wrong selection

I have this juke and recently it started to play the wrong selection.
I cleaned the optical switch and tried to adjust it per the manual. It
plays fine right after that for the remainder of the night...
Showing results 1 to 12 of 12