Showing results 1 to 22 of 22
Search took 0.08 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: 1787[_3_]
Forum: Coins November 27th 08, 01:58 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 10
Posted By 1787[_3_]
Coins and Currency: Your Magic Carpet to the Past

sgt23 wrote:
On Nov 26, 5:00 am, "Joel Rettew" wrote:
Have you ever wanted to visit history in a tangible, personal way?
Desired a means of holding past events or people...
Forum: Coins November 13th 08, 12:13 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 6
Posted By 1787[_3_]
Is this date altered on the coin?

Tony Clayton wrote:
In a recent message Retire to Italy wrote:

Hello all

I was going to bid on this coin but am a beginner and the date looks
a little...
Forum: Coins November 2nd 08, 07:52 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 6
Posted By 1787[_3_]
Interesting page on coin metals

Padraic Brown wrote:
On Sat, 1 Nov 2008 14:38:56 -0700 (PDT), Bob
wrote:

On Nov 1, 2:32?pm, (Paul Ciszek) wrote:
In article
Forum: Coins October 25th 08, 07:41 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 5
Posted By 1787[_3_]
FA: CWT's, Love Token NR

Harvey Bastacky wrote:
Thanks for the help.

I'll post it on the listing.

"bgg" wrote in message
Forum: Coins October 13th 08, 02:10 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 3
Posted By 1787[_3_]
WTF is this?

Voltronicus wrote:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120314299475

The ANA has this blurb about the California Historical Society (CHS)
"commemorative restrike" and the PCGS...
Forum: Coins October 12th 08, 11:31 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 6
Posted By 1787[_3_]
Determining authentic 1909-S VDB Lincol cents

Jon Purkey wrote:
On Thu, 9 Oct 2008 10:49:39 -0700, "1787" wrote:

Four obverse dies were used to produce genuine 1909-S VDB cents.
This has been mentioned here before...
Forum: Coins October 12th 08, 11:29 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 6
Posted By 1787[_3_]
Rare gold coin to be on display at old mint

Arizona Coin Collector wrote:
Hello

I would love to see this coin. Does anyone know were you
can view and image of this coin?

FROM:
Forum: Coins October 9th 08, 06:49 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 6
Posted By 1787[_3_]
Determining authentic 1909-S VDB Lincol cents

Four obverse dies were used to produce genuine 1909-S VDB cents. This has
been mentioned here before (I think it was Ira). I have always wondered
precisely what the die markers were.

The ANA,...
Forum: Coins October 5th 08, 10:23 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 10
Posted By 1787[_3_]
Most attractive U.S. silver coin

Mike Marotta wrote:
On Oct 2, 11:56 pm, Reid Goldsborough
wrote:
The "Internet Connections" column in this month's Numismatist has as
its subtitle the statement...
Forum: Coins October 3rd 08, 08:04 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins

wrote:
The "Internet Connections" column in this month's Numismatist has as
its subtitle the statement...
Forum: Coins September 24th 08, 07:50 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 5
Posted By 1787[_3_]
Guidebook For Roosevelt Dimes

Voltronicus wrote:
Can anyone recommend a good guidebook for the Roosevelt dime series?

Kevin Flynn: "The Authorative Reference on Roosevelt Dimes" (2002) Flynn
has several books on modern US...
Forum: Coins September 23rd 08, 08:35 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 4
Posted By 1787[_3_]
Half-Dime Returning? -- "The 5-Cent Restoration Act Of 2008"

wrote:
On Sep 21, 8:50 am, "Arizona Coin Collector"
wrote:
Hello

This is an update to the earlier posting back
on 09/19/2008. See the story...
Forum: Coins September 21st 08, 08:09 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 14
Posted By 1787[_3_]
Selling silver question

Bob wrote:
Within the next two or three weeks, I will have some silver coins to
sell, all 90% (dimes, quarters, halves, dollars). Not a great deal,
maybe a few hundred dollars, face.

Forum: Coins September 7th 08, 05:35 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 3
Posted By 1787[_3_]
New bust quarters book?

Mr. Jaggers wrote:
1787 wrote:
Mr. Jaggers wrote:
Did anyone here pre-pub order a copy of the new Tompkins book on
early quarters, and have you received it?

James

Yes. He...
Forum: Coins September 4th 08, 10:56 PM Posted to rec.collecting.paper-money,rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 3
Posted By 1787[_3_]
Larger To Smaller Banknote Change?

Voltronicus wrote:
On Sep 4, 6:15 am, Coffee's For Closers
wrote:

Why did "they" change the size of the notes? From the larger to
the smaller? Did this...
Forum: Paper Money September 4th 08, 10:56 PM Posted to rec.collecting.paper-money,rec.collecting.coins

wrote:

Why did "they" change the size of the notes? From the larger to
the smaller? Did this...
Forum: Coins September 4th 08, 12:01 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 19
Posted By 1787[_3_]
"Famous Dogs" Commemorative Half Dollar Series

wrote:
I know I'll only be bitched at, by people by claiming that dogs
deserve to be honored for their service to man, but since people say
that the half dollar is of so...
Forum: Coins September 1st 08, 11:52 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 52
Posted By 1787[_3_]
Greatest trade coin of all time

Reid Goldsborough wrote:
On Aug 27, 5:17 pm, "note.boy" wrote:

The Spartans never issued any coins, a very interesting fact which
just goes to...
Forum: Coins August 20th 08, 10:58 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 3
Posted By 1787[_3_]
New bust quarters book?

Mr. Jaggers wrote:
Did anyone here pre-pub order a copy of the new Tompkins book on early
quarters, and have you received it?

James

Yes. He said (private communication) that the...
Forum: Coins August 17th 08, 11:29 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 41
Posted By 1787[_3_]
Electrotype of 1793 Liberry Cap cent on eBay

Ira wrote:
On Aug 17, 3:50 pm, "Bruce Remick" wrote:

Bruce...
Forum: Coins August 7th 08, 08:26 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 9
Posted By 1787[_3_]
Bust Spanish Milled dollars

Reid Goldsborough wrote:
Anybody know what Charles IV is wearing on Bust Spanish Milled
dollars? I have some references here on the earlier Pillar dollars,
but not these later coins (any good...
Forum: Coins July 27th 08, 02:50 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 4
Posted By 1787[_3_]
1804 dime

Mr. Jaggers wrote:
Greysheet XF40 for this coin is $17k. I'd mortgage everything I own
to buy some at that price. This VF35

Showing results 1 to 22 of 22