Showing results 1 to 25 of 51
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Stephen Hust
Forum: Pens & Pencils August 24th 13, 06:53 PM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 7
Posted By Stephen Hust
Rotring 600 - was there a 1mm mech pencil? In lava?

Alan J wrote:

[Rotring 600 pencil with 0.9 mm lead]

The only 600 pencil I've ever seen was 0.5mm just like
everything else of that day.

They definitely did...
Forum: Pens & Pencils May 1st 10, 11:54 PM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 10
Posted By Stephen Hust
A copperplate signature

Ed wrote:

I have been trying to decipher the signature that is linked
below for some time. I thinught that, perhaps, a group
interested in writing impliments might have...
Forum: Pens & Pencils November 20th 09, 01:37 AM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 3
Posted By Stephen Hust
The Mystique of Parker Penman Sapphire

Tony Belding wrote:

Also interesting. . . I saw on Wikipedia an explanation that
Penman was actually withdrawn from the market after new EU
regulations forced Parker to...
Forum: Pens & Pencils October 3rd 09, 08:31 PM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 12
Posted By Stephen Hust
Is It Just Me?

"Bluesea" wrote:

I was trying to search Google Groups for info in our past posts
and got the error that the search string or phrase wasn't found,
try to modify...
Forum: Pens & Pencils March 22nd 09, 12:10 AM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 9
Posted By Stephen Hust
removing feed

Richard Wright wrote:

I do want to remove the nib and feed section, but first I want
to know how to separate the illustrated part from the body of
the pen, i.e....
Forum: Pens & Pencils March 4th 09, 06:04 AM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 8
Posted By Stephen Hust
Pen Cartridges

wrote:

I bought a Faber- Castell FP and ordered a box of cartridges
for it. I think it is a international size, but not real sure.
Also I can't find a converter for...
Forum: Pens & Pencils October 4th 08, 11:31 PM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 2
Posted By Stephen Hust
Cleaning out ink from rapidographs

jim_and_his_pens wrote:

A while back I bought a set of old rapidograph pens on eBay.
These are the kind that look like fountain pens, but have
technical pen nibs in...
Forum: Pens & Pencils August 25th 08, 06:54 AM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 39
Posted By Stephen Hust
Day to day pen opinions

"Jimmy" wrote:

"Stephen Hust" wrote [...]

"Jimmy" wrote:

The 1911M Colors sounds like a nice pen, but the most expensive
one...
Forum: Pens & Pencils August 24th 08, 12:12 AM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 39
Posted By Stephen Hust
Day to day pen opinions

"Jimmy" wrote:

The 1911M Colors sounds like a nice pen, but the most expensive
one sounds too big. Is that the so-called "King of Pens", or is
that some outsize model?

If...
Forum: Pens & Pencils June 3rd 08, 11:26 PM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 98
Posted By Stephen Hust
Venting

"Bluesea" wrote:

"masqueblanche" wrote [...]:

I noticed tonight that a thread on FPN got locked because it
questioned if you could get banned...
Forum: Pens & Pencils March 23rd 08, 12:08 AM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 3
Posted By Stephen Hust
looking for pen maker in Pacifica, CA - lost his email address

chas wrote:

I'm looking for a fellow who makes pens in Pacifica, CA.

Can anyone give me his email address? Or pass mine on to him and
tell him to contact me -...
Forum: Pens & Pencils October 15th 07, 04:08 AM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 3
Posted By Stephen Hust
Observation

Don wrote:

I took my Pelikan M600 with me to our cabin (elevation 5600 ft).
Started to use it and had ink all over the pen and in the barrel.
Guess I should turn...
Forum: Pens & Pencils October 12th 07, 08:44 PM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 8
Posted By Stephen Hust
ID and care help needed - Mabie Todd Swan pen, Waterman's set

wrote:

thanks for reply. Yes, the Mabie Todd does look like the one
in the link - but don't think mine is 14 Kt gold, can't find a
mark anyway, the pattern is a little...
Forum: Pens & Pencils October 12th 07, 04:22 AM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 8
Posted By Stephen Hust
ID and care help needed - Mabie Todd Swan pen, Waterman's set

wrote:

Hi, wondering if you good people could help me out here (our
library still shut after 8 weeks - strike). Hoping to ID and
figure out how to open (if I should, or need...
Forum: Pens & Pencils August 30th 07, 06:30 AM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 2
Posted By Stephen Hust
Stipula Etruria "converter" needed

wrote:

I have a Stipula Etruria from a few years back. It doesn't
really have a regular converter; it's large and fits into
a cap on the end of the body so it can be...
Forum: Pens & Pencils August 23rd 07, 06:16 PM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 7
Posted By Stephen Hust
test

Brian Ketterling wrote:

On Aug 23, 12:09 pm, Stephen Hust wrote:

"Brian Ketterling" [...] wrote:

Anyone else having trouble with the Fountain Pen...
Forum: Pens & Pencils August 23rd 07, 05:09 PM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 7
Posted By Stephen Hust
test

"Brian Ketterling" [...] wrote:

Anyone else having trouble with the Fountain Pen Network's site?

Just tried it, works OK. I'm not a regular visitor, though - hate web
forum interfaces.

--
Steve
Forum: Pens & Pencils July 4th 07, 12:31 AM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils

Speedmaster wrote:

"[...] I use an old-fashioned dip pen like you used to see in
post offices." [...]
- Shelby Foote

Since it's always nice to let people know the...
Forum: Pens & Pencils June 5th 07, 10:20 PM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 1
Posted By Stephen Hust
how do I fill a sheaffer pneumatic fountain pen?

"jeffdanz" wrote:

I found an old white dot sheaffer fountain pen. I read that to
fill it (pneumatic type) I pull out the plunger, submerge the
tip in ink, push down the...
Forum: Pens & Pencils May 8th 07, 05:10 PM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 10
Posted By Stephen Hust
Glass Pens and Nibs

"Brian Ketterling"
wrote:

You could try asking Sam Fiorella at www.pendemonium.com whether
he

She.

has an ink recommendation. It seems like...
Forum: Pens & Pencils March 31st 07, 06:14 PM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 5
Posted By Stephen Hust
Two Parkers Found in a Drawer

"AndyH" wrote:

Can you help me identify these two Parker pens found in a drawer
recently.

The burgundy one looks like a Parker 45, the gold one like a Parker...
Forum: Pens & Pencils March 27th 07, 07:50 AM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 2
Posted By Stephen Hust
1.8 mm green leads - where?

Richard Wright wrote:

Where can I get 1.8 mm green leads for a vintage mechanical
pencil? I have tried Google sites, but nothing.

Is there enough tolerance that a 2...
Forum: Pens & Pencils March 16th 07, 09:02 PM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 4
Posted By Stephen Hust
1950s Parker Duofold

"Dan Dare" wrote:

I have recently obtained a 1950s Parker Duofold, its mint
condition and the nib looks perfect but im dissapointed in the
way it writes. The nib states...
Forum: Pens & Pencils March 15th 07, 04:59 AM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 58
Posted By Stephen Hust
Pelikan M1000 - How many drops does your barrel hold?

"LarryW" wrote:

If I draw ink v e r y s l o w l y, my M1000 will release up
to 20 drops, but the average is more like 17. For such a large
capacity barrel,...
Forum: Pens & Pencils March 11th 07, 11:54 PM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 14
Posted By Stephen Hust
difference between the two parker converters

"yland45" wrote:

i have a parker 45 that my grandmother gave me, with the "bare"
sac that you mentioned. it is still surrounded by a metal 'cage'
of sorts, just one bit of...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 51