Showing results 1 to 20 of 20
Search took 0.94 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Owen Linzmayer[_2_]
Forum: Paper Money September 1st 09, 01:31 AM Posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Replies: 1
WW II Currency

On Aug 30, 6:11*pm, Kathy Brewer wrote:
I have some WW II currency in Lira and Francs and would like to know
the best place to find out if it is valuable and where it...
Forum: Paper Money August 25th 09, 07:43 PM Posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Replies: 0
Armenia issues first ever 100,000-dram note

For images and info, visit http://www.banknotenews.com/
Forum: Paper Money August 13th 09, 04:09 PM Posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Replies: 0
Malaysia issues new 50-ringgint note

For additional info and images, visit http://www.banknotenews.com/
Forum: Paper Money August 13th 09, 04:07 PM Posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Replies: 0
Poland to issue 20-zloty commemorative 23.09.2009

To commemorate the 200th anniversary of the birth of the poet Julius
Slowacki, the National Bank of Poland will issue 80,000 new 20-zloty
(US$6.90) notes on 23 September 2009.

For additional info...
Forum: Paper Money June 25th 09, 01:04 AM Posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Replies: 1
Costa Rica to Issue a New Series of Banknotes

For more details on these new notes, check out http://www.banknotenews.com/
where you'll also find a lot of new postings about recent issues from
many other countries.
Forum: Paper Money June 21st 09, 05:52 PM Posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Replies: 1
New Pick 15th Edition note values

On Jun 19, 10:44*pm, currencyden wrote:
Thought some might be interested. *I took the Pick 14th Edition values
from 1316 world notes I have in stock & compared them with...
Forum: Paper Money April 27th 09, 09:26 PM Posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Replies: 1
Free sample chapters from new catalog of world notes

As regular visitors to my site (http://www.banknotenews.com) are no
doubt aware, I am working on a new catalog of world notes. This is a
huge task, but I am slowly chipping away at it with the help...
Forum: Paper Money January 29th 09, 05:53 PM Posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Replies: 1
Denmark to issue new note series beginning August 2009

For details, visit http://www.banknotenews.com/
Forum: Paper Money January 22nd 09, 08:10 PM Posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Replies: 0
Inside the World's Mightiest Bank

Playing tonight on the Travel channel (at least in SF Bay Area):

Examining how the world's most powerful financial institution is
attempting to control an unprecedented global demand for U.S....
Forum: Paper Money January 21st 09, 07:39 PM Posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Replies: 0
Moldova corrected 50- and 100-lei notes reported

For details and images, visit http://www.banknotenews.com/
Forum: Paper Money January 21st 09, 07:38 PM Posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Replies: 0
Paraguay new 2,000-guaraní note to be polymer

For details, visit http://www.banknotenews.com/
Forum: Paper Money January 18th 09, 10:37 PM Posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Replies: 0
St. Thomas & Prince issues new 100,000-dobra note

For details and images, visit http://www.banknotenews.com/
Forum: Paper Money January 13th 09, 06:51 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins,rec.collecting.paper-money
Replies: 0
The fate of paper money

On Jan 7, 6:43*pm, stonej wrote:
http://news.goldseek.com/GoldSeek/1231340579.php

Very interesting take on our hobby of collecting fiat money. It's
particularly timely as...
Forum: Paper Money January 6th 09, 07:33 AM Posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Replies: 3
New U.S. $100 Bill

My understanding has always been the new $100 was planned for
introduction in 2009, not 2008. I don't think the change in the
president has anything to do with its "delay." There's no official
word...
Forum: Paper Money November 6th 08, 03:28 AM Posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Replies: 3
Sweden 50 Kronor 2004 not in "Pick" yet?

I posted my review of the SCWPM above, now for a self-serving plug.

If you want a publication that's up to date, you should buy a copy of
my book, The Banknote...
Forum: Paper Money November 6th 08, 03:20 AM Posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Replies: 3
Sweden 50 Kronor 2004 not in "Pick" yet?

You want a reason? Here's my review of the Standard Catalog of World
Paper Money, Modern Issues (14th edition) which recently appeared in
the IBNS Journal 47.3:

Almost everything I wrote in my...
Forum: Paper Money October 6th 08, 04:18 PM Posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Replies: 0
Tonga issues new 100-pa’anga note

I reported on this issue earlier, but have just today posted a scan of
this beautiful new note.

For more info, please visit http://www.banknotenews.com.
Forum: Paper Money October 6th 08, 04:00 AM Posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Replies: 0
Djibouti new 2,000-franc variety reported

For more info, please visit http://www.banknotenews.com.
Forum: Paper Money October 5th 08, 09:15 PM Posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Replies: 0
Latvia issues revised 10-lat note dated 2008

This is the same basic design, with upgraded security features. For
more info, please visit http://www.banknotenews.com.
Forum: Paper Money September 7th 08, 03:45 PM Posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Replies: 1
Looking for Singapore collector

I'm trying to compile reliable info and high-res images of Singapore's
banknotes for use in a catalog. Does anyone here specialize in same,
or know of a definitive reference on the subject, aside...
Showing results 1 to 20 of 20