Showing results 1 to 25 of 59
Search took 3.62 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Bill[_2_]
Forum: Books February 15th 09, 12:41 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 0
Posted By Bill[_2_]
New cycle of used-bookstore extinctions on the way?

In Southern California, where I visit used bookstores, it seems to me
that
about one-half {at least) of the shops around in the early-2000's are
gone.

In most of the cases I am aware of, the dealers...
Forum: Books January 31st 09, 09:33 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 13
Posted By Bill[_2_]
Restockimg fee

On Jan 25, 5:26*am, "RWF" wrote:
"Francis A. Miniter" wrote in ...

Now that you have made a...
Forum: Books January 23rd 09, 05:24 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 13
Posted By Bill[_2_]
Restockimg fee

On Jan 23, 8:50Â*am, "Francis A. Miniter"
wrote:
James Weston wrote:
"Bill" wrote in Good point. Â*I was wondering
if the chap was...
Forum: Books January 23rd 09, 07:06 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 13
Posted By Bill[_2_]
Restockimg fee

On Jan 22, 10:06*pm, "James Weston" wrote:
"Bill" wrote in Good point. *I was wondering
if the chap was unusually stupid or simply was...
Forum: Books January 22nd 09, 05:57 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 13
Posted By Bill[_2_]
Restockimg fee

On Jan 5, 3:19*am, wrote:

By the way, when I responded in my earlier post, I did
not address "restocking fees" themselves. My own
view is that a restocking fee is little more...
Forum: Books January 22nd 09, 05:39 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 13
Posted By Bill[_2_]
Restockimg fee

On Jan 20, 10:40*am, scotkamins wrote:
In article ,
*"James Weston" wrote:

"Bill" ...
Forum: Books January 18th 09, 06:32 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 13
Posted By Bill[_2_]
Restockimg fee

On Jan 5, 3:19*am, wrote:
I ordered an $85 book through Amazon Marketplace. *Amazon instantly
advised me that the book was not available, so I promptly ordered it
from...
Forum: Books January 5th 09, 05:37 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 27
Posted By Bill[_2_]
Determining value of used books.

On Dec 28, 6:11 am, "foad" wrote:

He's off someplace licking his wounds, that's where
Fundoc/FOAD is!...
Forum: Books January 4th 09, 01:57 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 27
Posted By Bill[_2_]
Determining value of used books.

On Dec 28 2008, 7:36*am, "foad" wrote:
"Bill" wrote in message

On...
Forum: Books December 28th 08, 02:42 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 27
Posted By Bill[_2_]
Determining value of used books.

On Dec 28, 6:11*am, "foad" wrote:
"Bill" wrote in message

On Dec...
Forum: Books December 28th 08, 02:35 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 27
Posted By Bill[_2_]
Determining value of used books.

On Dec 27, 1:38*pm, "foad" wrote:

[...]

He' knows he's caught red-handed now! He's wracking that
small, cognitively-malnourished brain of his trying to think of
something to...
Forum: Books December 27th 08, 10:56 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 27
Posted By Bill[_2_]
Determining value of used books.

On Dec 27, 5:39*am, "foad" wrote:
"Bill" wrote in message

[Fundoc's perverted slurs snipped. It amazes me
how often this sort of troll gives...
Forum: Books December 27th 08, 05:27 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 27
Posted By Bill[_2_]
Determining value of used books.

On Dec 26, 1:39*pm, "foad" wrote:

He's ashamed.
Forum: Books December 27th 08, 04:13 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 27
Posted By Bill[_2_]
Determining value of used books.

On Dec 26, 5:22*pm, "Francis A. Miniter"
wrote:
foad wrote:

"Bill" wrote in message
Forum: Books December 26th 08, 04:09 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 27
Posted By Bill[_2_]
Determining value of used books.

On Dec 26, 6:07*am, "foad" wrote:
"Bill" wrote in message

No. * Any sort of printed price guide is...
Forum: Books December 26th 08, 02:59 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 16
Posted By Bill[_2_]
Any Booksellers doing class action law suits against eBay?

On Dec 12, 9:22*am, James E. Morrow wrote:
In article , renaisanc9
@aol.com says...

snip

Ebay Indeed, will...
Forum: Books December 25th 08, 08:30 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 27
Posted By Bill[_2_]
Determining value of used books.

On Dec 25, 11:37*am, "Francis A. Miniter"
wrote:
Bill wrote:
On Dec 14, 8:13 am, "
wrote:
I was...
Forum: Books December 25th 08, 06:01 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 27
Posted By Bill[_2_]
Determining value of used books.

On Dec 14, 8:13*am, "
wrote:
I was looking for used books on the net and discovered in many
instances the same book in similiar...
Forum: Books September 20th 08, 02:45 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 3
Posted By Bill[_2_]
Trouble with abebooks(slightly OT)

On Sep 19, 5:51*am, "Andycat" wrote:
"Chuck C." wrote in message

Dear...
Forum: Books May 13th 08, 07:04 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 11
Posted By Bill[_2_]
"Friends of the Library" Book Sales

On May 10, 11:08*pm, bml wrote:
On May 7, 10:31 am, "Francis A. Miniter"
wrote:

bml wrote:
Evelyn C. Leeper wrote:
A...
Forum: Books May 11th 08, 04:06 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 2
Posted By Bill[_2_]
i wanna sell used books

On May 10, 12:04*am, wrote:
Hi all! Im thinking of opening my own used bookstore, and im trying to
find out all the different (and best) ways to procure quality stock at
cheap...
Forum: Books May 10th 08, 02:33 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 11
Posted By Bill[_2_]
"Friends of the Library" Book Sales

On May 7, 12:46*am, bml wrote:
Evelyn C. Leeper wrote:
It is true that some libraries have discovered that many books they were
selling for 50 cents or...
Forum: Books April 22nd 08, 04:26 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 11
Posted By Bill[_2_]
"Friends of the Library" Book Sales

On Apr 11, 5:27*am, "Evelyn C. Leeper" wrote:
[This is extracted from my column in the MT VOID, 04/11/08.]

[...]

Checking the book sales web site, I see many have also...
Forum: Books April 21st 08, 05:21 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 11
Posted By Bill[_2_]
"Friends of the Library" Book Sales

On Apr 11, 5:27*am, "Evelyn C. Leeper" wrote:
[This is extracted from my column in the MT VOID, 04/11/08.]

Well, book sale season is upon us and there seem to have been...
Forum: Books February 28th 08, 05:07 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 1
Posted By Bill[_2_]
How we start

On Feb 26, 12:44*pm, wrote:
The common theme seems to be what we were exposed to in our younger
years, minus the sticky fingered brigade! *I guess it is something
that...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 59