Showing results 1 to 13 of 13
Search took 0.04 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Chip Flintknapper
Forum: Coins February 9th 07, 11:29 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 39
Posted By Chip Flintknapper
Proposal: US copper pennies, clad-steel "nickels" [Was:New rulesoutlaw melting pennies, nickels for profit

Slime Lowlife wrote:
In article , Jass
wrote:

When I visited Brazil in the mid-to-late 1990s, most of their...
Forum: Coins February 9th 07, 11:27 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 39
Posted By Chip Flintknapper
Proposal: US copper pennies, clad-steel "nickels" [Was:New rulesoutlaw melting pennies, nickels for profit

Dave Hinz wrote:
On 15 Dec 2006 18:03:26 -0800, Jud wrote:

Vending machines test for electronic signature, resistance I believe.

Nope, it's looking at it like a...
Forum: Coins February 2nd 07, 09:16 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 294
Posted By Chip Flintknapper
"Real" Money

Dik T. Winter wrote:
In article Padraic Brown writes:
The only reason that coins that old can still be spent in the...
Forum: Coins February 2nd 07, 08:54 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 294
Posted By Chip Flintknapper
"Real" Money

gogu wrote:
? "Christian Feldhaus" ?????? ??? ??????

If not, which country...
Forum: Coins February 2nd 07, 08:31 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 294
Posted By Chip Flintknapper
"Real" Money

Fred Shecter wrote:
Senate hearing was chaired by Byron Dorgan.

Fed spokesperson was Louise Roseman. She touted availability of pure
golden dollar boxes by banks/financial institutions is...
Forum: Coins February 2nd 07, 07:37 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 294
Posted By Chip Flintknapper
"Real" Money

PC wrote:
"Joe Fischer" wrote in message
On Sat, 27 "Bruce Remick" wrote:

The public...
Forum: Coins February 2nd 07, 07:18 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 294
Posted By Chip Flintknapper
"Real" Money

Ed Hendricks wrote:
note.boy wrote:
"Ed Hendricks" wrote in message
note.boy wrote:
Many...
Forum: Coins February 2nd 07, 06:43 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 294

note.boy wrote:
"Joe Fischer" wrote in message
On Mon, 29 Jan 2007 11:36:19 GMT, "note.boy"
Forum: Coins February 2nd 07, 05:47 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 294
Posted By Chip Flintknapper
"Real" Money

Joe Fischer wrote:
On Sat, Padraic Brown wrote:

By whose standards (besides yours) is our monetary system "backward"?
Well, mine (US near DC) for one.

Forum: Coins February 1st 07, 07:43 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 294
Posted By Chip Flintknapper
"Real" Money

A.E. Gelat wrote:
Here's the solution. Stop printing $1 notes,and flood the market with a
SMALLER reasonably-sized coin, something just larger than a nickel, with
a milled edge. The one-dollar...
Forum: Coins February 1st 07, 07:37 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 294
Posted By Chip Flintknapper
"Real" Money

Bruce Remick wrote:
"Jeff R." wrote in message
wrote in message
Forum: Coins February 1st 07, 07:31 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 294
Posted By Chip Flintknapper
"Real" Money

Bruce Remick wrote:
"note.boy" wrote in message
"Mr. Jaggers" lugburzman[at]yahoo[dot]com wrote in message...
Forum: Coins January 4th 07, 09:26 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 1
Posted By Chip Flintknapper
Remember when?

When I was a kid back in the 1960's, there were coins in circulation
that were dated all the way back to 1909. In fact, if you had the money,
you could go to the bank and get silver dollars dated all...
Showing results 1 to 13 of 13