Showing results 1 to 25 of 159
Search took 0.25 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Jim Seymour[_2_]
Forum: Coins December 7th 08, 06:02 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 6
Posted By Jim Seymour[_2_]
FA: Let's see how far ICG has fallen...

Jim Seymour wrote:
Up for auction on eBay this week (ending Sunday evening) are 179 modern
proofs slabbed by ICG.

Not too long ago, it seemed that ICG and ANACS were respectable
Forum: Coins December 3rd 08, 04:41 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 6
Posted By Jim Seymour[_2_]
FA: Let's see how far ICG has fallen...

Up for auction on eBay this week (ending Sunday evening) are 179 modern
proofs slabbed by ICG.

Not too long ago, it seemed that ICG and ANACS were respectable
alternatives to PCGS and NGC in the...
Forum: Coins October 11th 08, 04:49 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 7
Posted By Jim Seymour[_2_]
Images -- U.S. Mint 2009 Presidential Dollar Coins -- "In GodWe Trust"

Arizona Coin Collector wrote:
This Thursday, I have posted four new images of the 2009 United
States Mint Presidential dollar coins on the news group
"alt.binaries.pictures.numismatic". The...
Forum: Coins September 27th 08, 07:42 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 0
Posted By Jim Seymour[_2_]
Want to Trade: 2008 Silver Eagles for 2007

I have 5-10 spare 2008 Silver Eagles (business strike, straight from a
plastic mint roll).

I'd like to trade straight across for 2007-dated Eagles.

If anybody is interested, please reply via...
Forum: Coins September 1st 08, 05:12 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 0
Posted By Jim Seymour[_2_]
FS: Six most recent state quarter rolls ("P") -- face value + shipping

First come, first served...

I have ONE SET of "P" mint rolls from the 6 most recent state quarters:
Idaho
Wyoming
Utah
Oklahoma
New Mexico
Arizona
Forum: Coins August 21st 08, 05:49 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 7
Posted By Jim Seymour[_2_]
The dollar coin push -- an experiment by the mint

http://www.oregonlive.com/news/index.ssf/2008/08/portland_to_get_flood_of_dolla.html

The short version: Portland, Austin, Charlotte, and Grand Rapids will be
the targets of a mint experiment to...
Forum: Coins July 22nd 08, 02:03 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 14
Posted By Jim Seymour[_2_]
News: Ten NASA Coins - Bill Passed

Paul Ciszek wrote:
In article , Jon Purkey
wrote:
On Sun, 20 Jul 2008 21:13:32 -0600, "JZrarities"
Forum: Coins June 12th 08, 02:08 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 3
Posted By Jim Seymour[_2_]
Presidential dollars from the mint at face value and no shipping!

http://www.usmint.gov/pressroom/index.cfm?action=press_release&ID=911

Posted By Jim Seymour[_2_]
Jump in the price of Gold and Silver Today

sgt23 wrote:
[...] The problem with oil isn't supply and demand, because if you
ever watch shows like Closing Bell it seems the more they talk the
more oil goes up, its more speculation than...
Forum: Coins May 10th 08, 06:51 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 40
Posted By Jim Seymour[_2_]
Buying American Eagles Online

gogu wrote:
? ?????? ??? ??????
No, not spam, no relationship with any site. just trying to...
Forum: Coins May 7th 08, 02:10 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 0
Posted By Jim Seymour[_2_]
WTT: I have 2008 SAE, Want 2007

I have 5-10 spare 2008 Silver Eagles (business strike, straight from a
plastic mint roll).

I'd like to trade straight across for 2007-dated Eagles.

If anybody is interested, please reply via...
Forum: Coins April 29th 08, 04:24 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 21
Posted By Jim Seymour[_2_]
FA: 3 days on old Roosevelt roll of dimes.

Bill Krummel wrote:
On Apr 28, 7:33 pm, Eric Schmitt wrote:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=250242440789

Thanks for looking.

Well,...
Forum: Coins April 24th 08, 01:08 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 23
Posted By Jim Seymour[_2_]
2008 Prez Dollar Proof Set Fiasco

Bruce Remick wrote:
"PC" wrote in message
Leo Marx wrote:

1999 Proof SBAs?

Those stupid first day coin...
Forum: Coins April 23rd 08, 08:34 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 23
Posted By Jim Seymour[_2_]
2008 Prez Dollar Proof Set Fiasco

Mister Ed wrote:
Why even bother buying the Mint's products in the first place? With
exhorbident s/h charges, and the fact that 99% of what they sell can
be purchased for large discounts...
Forum: Coins April 10th 08, 03:30 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 12
Posted By Jim Seymour[_2_]
1996 silver eagle..not in unc...worth?

Ed Hendricks wrote:
newsgroup wrote:
wrote in message
On Apr 6, 5:18 am, "newsgroup"...
Forum: Coins April 10th 08, 02:21 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 10
Posted By Jim Seymour[_2_]
OT email on web site?

MJKolodziej wrote:
What are some ways to put an email on your web site but not let those
who gather emails for spam purposes not "see" it?

The only good solution is to use a contact form - with...
Forum: Coins April 9th 08, 04:10 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 19
Posted By Jim Seymour[_2_]
Australia Post/Customs won't send coins overseas

gogu wrote:
Ο "Jim Seymour" *γραψε στο μήνυμα
Phil DeMayo wrote:
I seem to remember reading here in the past that...
Forum: Coins April 5th 08, 10:40 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 12
Posted By Jim Seymour[_2_]
1996 silver eagle..not in unc...worth?

wrote:
I have a 1996 silver eagle, not in unc condition or near it. Is all
its value in the intrinsic silver content? Or essentially all of its
value?

Actually, the 1996 is...
Forum: Coins April 5th 08, 05:36 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 19
Posted By Jim Seymour[_2_]
Australia Post/Customs won't send coins overseas

Phil DeMayo wrote:
On Apr 4, 6:54�pm, "Bruce H (BoxTurtle)"
wrote:

Outside of lying about the contents, the only thing I can think of
is private shippers...
Forum: Coins March 23rd 08, 10:16 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 62
Posted By Jim Seymour[_2_]
How do I approach my currency revamp issues?

Bruce Remick wrote:
And speaking of size, I wonder if a reduced (dime) size one cent coin
with the current metals has been considered. Might solve the metal
problem, and since cents aren't...
Forum: Coins March 23rd 08, 06:29 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 62
Posted By Jim Seymour[_2_]
How do I approach my currency revamp issues?

Padraic Brown wrote:
On Sat, 22 Mar 2008 22:42:42 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:
[...] I'm not really worried about $1 or $2 coins anymore, because
it has come to be very clear...
Forum: Coins March 23rd 08, 05:35 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 24
Posted By Jim Seymour[_2_]
"Actual Coin, Not a Replica"

Duh_OZ wrote:
BTW, is this legal?
http://205.243.100.155/frames/shrinkergallery.html

Yes. You can do whatever you want to a coin - as long as there is no
"intent to deceive".

--
Jim Seymour
Forum: Coins March 19th 08, 04:16 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins

Di wrote:
What - if any - are the limitations of offering coins for sale here?
Am not keen on going through eBay, and local alternatives are not
good in my rather small southern city. Please...
Forum: Coins March 19th 08, 04:12 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 4
Posted By Jim Seymour[_2_]
New Mexico quarters

shreadvector wrote:
On Mar 16, 3:15 pm, Haldas wrote:
Anybody know the release date of the New Mezico quarters?

Forum: Coins March 18th 08, 12:49 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 13
Posted By Jim Seymour[_2_]
2008 U.S. Mint Proof Sets

Jud wrote:
With only 4 per year, that means it will be almost 10 years before
they get to Carter, and he ain't no spring chicken!

Both Carter and Bush-41 were born in 1924 and their coins would...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 159