Showing results 1 to 25 of 28
Search took 0.12 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Bill[_7_]
Forum: General Discussion March 1st 10, 06:20 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 14
Posted By Bill[_7_]
google and yahoo groups question

On 2/28/2010 12:37 PM, wrote:

I use Google, but only the web interface. I see that if I subscribe to
a group I can similarly get e-mails either as a summary or in...
Forum: General Discussion February 26th 10, 11:40 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 3
Posted By Bill[_7_]
Scott Air Post & Nicklin Airmail albums

On 2/25/2010 7:50 PM, wrote:
I bought a CD with Steiners PDF files on it. I'd recommend it to
anyone. Any ink jet printer will do, just get some nice card stock
for...
Forum: General Discussion February 26th 10, 09:00 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 9
Posted By Bill[_7_]
eBay outbid by one incrament

On 2/26/2010 12:38 PM, phantomm_1 wrote:

I'll never use E-Bay.
Don't care if I die poor and horrible death,
I'll never use E-Bay.
Barry Shortridge, the old one.

I don't use e-bay either,...
Forum: General Discussion February 26th 10, 08:57 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 3
Posted By Bill[_7_]
Showgard Clear mounts

On 2/25/2010 3:25 PM, wrote:
Hello fellows,
Anyone found a reasonable place to buy these? Not one that charges
$10+ for the shipment of 2 packs. A fellow on eBay sells...
Forum: General Discussion February 19th 10, 09:07 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 22
Posted By Bill[_7_]
OT..New computer burped, big time.

On 2/19/2010 9:09 AM, jerry wrote:
Hi Sir Rien,

The settings that are in the 'CleanUp" utility are permanent. As far
as I know there is no other place to set them except maybe the
registry...
Forum: General Discussion January 28th 10, 11:24 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 8
Posted By Bill[_7_]
Is a Stamp better than a Credit Card?

On 1/28/2010 3:06 PM, phantomm_1 wrote:
"Sir F. A. wrote in message
Forum: General Discussion January 28th 10, 08:21 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 8
Posted By Bill[_7_]
Is a Stamp better than a Credit Card?

Blair (TC) wrote:
On Jan 28, 1:38 pm, "phantomm_1" wrote:
I would seriously like to know if a stamp with
any value is better than a Credit Card?

Call me again...
Forum: General Discussion January 19th 10, 07:48 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 5
Posted By Bill[_7_]
Some Pics of US Stamps and Revenues

phantomm_1 wrote:
Here find some US stamps and Revenues.

If you see anything interesting, do let me know.

http://cjoint.com/?btb63UUsqk

Forum: General Discussion January 19th 10, 07:47 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss

phantomm_1 wrote:
Here find some US stamps and Revenues.

If you see anything interesting, do let me know.

http://cjoint.com/?btb63UUsqk

Forum: General Discussion January 19th 10, 07:43 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 2
Posted By Bill[_7_]
Stamps and Other Images Site

jerry wrote:
Hi,

The article by Bill Sharpe, "Computers and Stamps" in the "Linn's
Stamp News" of
December 21, 2009 had the following link:

Forum: General Discussion January 18th 10, 05:22 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 23
Posted By Bill[_7_]
Spot the error.

rodney wrote:
"Bill"
But that's not really a split infinitive. See the discussion he
http://www.answers.com/topic/split-infinitive

And although some, especially in past years,...
Forum: General Discussion January 17th 10, 11:07 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 23
Posted By Bill[_7_]
Spot the error.

rodney wrote:
Oh all right Bill, I'll spill the beans :)

The slogan on the cancel has a grammatical error in that it has "split infinitive"

A split infinitive or cleft infinitive is an...
Forum: General Discussion January 16th 10, 10:35 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 23
Posted By Bill[_7_]
Spot the error.

rodney wrote:
Anybody?
http://cjoint.com/data/bpkk4RVPRt.htm

Perhaps blood donors aren't urgently needed?
July 13, 1987 was a Sunday and the post offices were all closed?
"Center" is...
Forum: General Discussion January 14th 10, 12:09 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 2
Posted By Bill[_7_]
Kids puzzle.

rodney wrote:
Just a test really.
I have lost my landline and my ADSL.

Trying the internet from my thumbdrive.
http://cjoint.com/data/bnaRIrBoBG.htm

Check the puzzle out before...
Forum: General Discussion January 13th 10, 06:59 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 40
Posted By Bill[_7_]
Computers in Philately.

Sir F. A. Rien wrote:

I've seen them there also, though much less than in some MS programs.
Enter "Clintons" as if talking about more than one - it'll try for
possessive.

Doesn't even...
Forum: General Discussion January 12th 10, 11:37 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 2
Posted By Bill[_7_]
A place to upload

phantomm_1 wrote:
Is there an English place to upload pics of stamps and related info
to share with others?

http://www.4shared.com/

Google for "free file sharing" to find others.
Forum: General Discussion January 12th 10, 11:27 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 40
Posted By Bill[_7_]
Computers in Philately.

Sir F. A. Rien wrote:
much snipping

However, I'm sitting at my desk looking across 21 miles of Bay at near high
tide, after a gorgeous sunrise. The hills surrounding are still just
Forum: General Discussion January 12th 10, 11:20 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 40
Posted By Bill[_7_]
Computers in Philately.

snipped extraneous text

Bill, I happen to be traveling the same path as you. I love Excel and
MS Word.
A problem has cropped up that is puzzeling me. My computer with
Windows XP and MS...
Forum: General Discussion January 12th 10, 11:10 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 40
Posted By Bill[_7_]
Computers in Philately.

Sir F. A. Rien wrote:
Bill found these unused words:
Commodore Pet first appeared in 1997, per this Wikipedia article:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commodore_PET

Forum: General Discussion January 11th 10, 12:32 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 40
Posted By Bill[_7_]
Computers in Philately.

Sir F. A. Rien wrote:
Tony Clayton found these unused words:

In a recent message Sir F. A. Rien wrote:

Bill ...
Forum: General Discussion January 9th 10, 12:19 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 6
Posted By Bill[_7_]
Purpose of stamps?

phantomm_1 wrote:
A friend of mine would like to know
what the purpose of stamps are other than
mailing a letter/package?

You can buy a 44-cent stamp to mail a letter.
You can also buy...
Forum: General Discussion January 5th 10, 06:02 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 40
Posted By Bill[_7_]
Computers in Philately.

rodney wrote:
US
APS computers in Philately first edition Vol1 Num1
Summer of 1986

http://cjoint.com/data/mFjiZtjEog.htm

Produced on an IBM PC-XT Clone (many of us would have started...
Forum: General Discussion December 21st 09, 05:50 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 11
Posted By Bill[_7_]
Credit Cards & USPS

Victor Manta wrote:

Ralph
If an ID card isn't compulsory then I wonder why should all US citizens
carry a state issued photo driver's license or photo ID card.

May I just cite a...
Forum: General Discussion December 20th 09, 11:23 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 11
Posted By Bill[_7_]
Credit Cards & USPS

Ralphael1 wrote:
USPS now accepts credit cards, but, they must be signed on the back.
I am one of those persons that writes SEE ID in the signature box of
all my credit cards.
Most clerks...
Forum: General Discussion December 1st 09, 05:03 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 30
Posted By Bill[_7_]
My son really wants to start collecting stamps

wrote:

Whilst at the sale, look for a stamp catalogue; you'll probably be
best with Scott's which matches Steiner pages. Secondhand catalogues
are quite cheap,...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 28