Showing results 1 to 16 of 16
Search took 0.48 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: L.W.
Forum: Coins February 8th 07, 11:02 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 35
Posted By L.W.
S&H - eBay - Suggestions

"Tony Cooper" wrote in message
How does the $12 figure sit with most people here?

(Just to be clear, I sell...
Forum: Coins October 28th 06, 09:50 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 22
Posted By L.W.
The best coin you found in circulation?

I liked reading the replies to the thread about your lowest mintage coins,
so I thought I'd start a similar one.

What is the best coin you've found in circulation, including roll searches?

Mine is...
Forum: Coins October 28th 06, 04:43 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 14
Posted By L.W.
A benchmark to observe?

"Amistad" wrote in message
He has an extra detector that he is letting me use today, and I'm to meet
him in a few...
Forum: Coins October 25th 06, 02:38 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 17
Posted By L.W.
Your Lowest Mintage US Coin?

"Sibirskmoneta" wrote in message
I have a couple of the 50.000 issued C&C sets, but my lowest mintage
circulation coin is an 1843...
Forum: Coins October 25th 06, 02:03 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 15
Posted By L.W.
Superb Gem 1909-S VDB PCGS MS-66 RD revised

"Dave Hinz" wrote in message
On Tue, 24 Oct 2006 13:32:37 -0400, Sibirskmoneta
wrote:
You _named_ your coin?...
Forum: Coins October 23rd 06, 09:52 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 3
Posted By L.W.
RCM bullion plastic packaging.

"Nooker" wrote in message
I second that. I've had some nasty spots occur with SML's in the Mint
packaging. ...
Forum: Coins October 21st 06, 06:23 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 3
Posted By L.W.
RCM bullion plastic packaging.

Hola,

I picked up some silver Maple Leafs that are in the RCM plastic sheet.
Anyone know if this stuff is ok to leave them in long term, or should I
remove them?

Gracias,
Gary
Forum: Coins October 16th 06, 03:37 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 3
Posted By L.W.
Hooked again...

I almost forgot how much fun I had collecting, years ago.

Today I hit the monthly local coin show again. Last month was the first one
I'd been to in 15 years or so. Back then cash was tight, so I...
Forum: Coins October 7th 06, 03:18 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 10
Posted By L.W.
Proof set boxes

"Tom in Lakewood" wrote in message

Why does anyone buy these boxes?

Forum: Coins October 7th 06, 12:15 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 2
Posted By L.W.
silver eagle collection graded coins...just my opinion

"Capri" wrote in message
Hi all, I just completed my collection of American Silver Eagles.

Congrats on completing...
Forum: Coins October 2nd 06, 12:53 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 23
Posted By L.W.
Non-reactive 2x2 flips.

"Longnine009" wrote in message

Keep in mind when you put a coin in a hard flip there is
most likely going...
Forum: Coins October 2nd 06, 12:38 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 23
Posted By L.W.
Non-reactive 2x2 flips.

"Jorg Lueke" wrote in message
You want hard or non-PVC flips. You want to minimize interaction with
the...
Forum: Coins October 2nd 06, 12:34 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 23
Posted By L.W.
Non-reactive 2x2 flips.

"oly" wrote in message
Kointains also sells a good archival 2x2 flip.

What you're going to find Gary, is that...
Forum: Coins October 1st 06, 06:11 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 23
Posted By L.W.
Non-reactive 2x2 flips.

Hello,

Pardon the newb question...

I've been out of the hobby for 15 years or more and am just recently getting
back into it.

I've read about the effects some 2x2 flips have on coins, and I have...
Forum: Coins September 19th 06, 08:07 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 2
Posted By L.W.
Liberty nickel proof v.s. M.S.

"Bruce H (BoxTurtle)" wrote in message

Sure. First, look at the surfaces. A proof will have mirror surfaces,
a...
Forum: Coins September 18th 06, 03:03 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 2
Posted By L.W.
Liberty nickel proof v.s. M.S.

Hello,

Been lurking a while, but first post here.

I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction...

Can anyone give me some pointers on telling the difference between a PF64
and MS64...
Showing results 1 to 16 of 16