Showing results 1 to 13 of 13
Search took 0.33 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Nooker
Forum: Coins February 25th 07, 08:39 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 0
Posted By Nooker
anybody cross-over 20th Anniv sets?

Just wondering if anybody has had any results of cross-overs from NGC to
PCGS?

let us know . . .

Nooker
Forum: Coins February 17th 07, 05:18 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 7
Posted By Nooker
edge lettering not consistent

the edge lettering is not always in the same orientation. With Washington
face down, the edge lettering is sometimes upside down, sometimes not

I would have thought it would always have the same...
Forum: Coins December 27th 06, 11:12 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 1
Posted By Nooker
Legal Notice from Ebay

so instead of paying every eBay bidder less than $1, they are going to
donate $2.1million to charities (sounds ok)

AND - the lawyers are going to make $800,000, out of which will come $104k
and...
Forum: Coins December 21st 06, 04:45 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 11
Posted By Nooker
how do you pay for big ticket items at coin shows?

OK, I've gone to many shows, usually keeping my purchases in amounts that I
feel comfortable carrying that amount of cash . . . but what do you do if
you want to spend more than you feel...
Forum: Coins December 21st 06, 04:40 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 2
Posted By Nooker
How NOT to find out a reserve

I'm sure the guy had some kind of automated program set up to do that . . .
at least I hope so . . . otherwise, WAY too much time on his hands !

"Brian Blackwell" ...
Forum: Paper Money December 19th 06, 05:43 AM Posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Replies: 5
Posted By Nooker
have you been getting 2003A Twos from your local bank?

nope. at my bank down the way from Owen (Sunnyvale, CA), they only had 2003
I-B $2 notes.

Mark

"Owen W. Linzmayer" wrote in message...
Forum: Coins December 19th 06, 02:06 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 0
Posted By Nooker
SF Gold Commem - still capsule problems

Received my gold $5 San Francisco Mint coins (shipped 11/22). All 4 were
popped out of the capsules, and damaged way beyond anything I would keep.
Unfortunately, with the holidays, I messed up and...
Forum: Coins November 29th 06, 02:17 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 5
Posted By Nooker
copper colored dime

ok, I need to check whether this coin I saw today is actually from a 1 cent
planchet or a really really dirty dime.

There are hints of honest ta goodness copper on this coin, which is why I'm...
Forum: Coins November 18th 06, 04:57 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 12
Posted By Nooker
SF Mint Proofs arrived today

what do you mean? they're not sold out?
Nooker

"Jud" wrote in message
Yep, got mine today too from FedEx. They...
Forum: Coins November 4th 06, 06:08 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 17
Posted By Nooker
Bought a new camera for coin photography!

I see. I've never had to scan a coin of that value, so I guess I've never
experienced that.

thanks for clarifying Wes, and have fun with the camera !

Mark

"Wes Chormicle"...
Forum: Coins November 4th 06, 03:59 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 17
Posted By Nooker
Bought a new camera for coin photography!

Wes,
I have a Canon 20D, and it takes great shots too, but I also have an
excellent Epson scanner. Without a doubt, for the money spent, the scanner
does as good a job. It is also a lot faster...
Forum: Paper Money November 1st 06, 04:44 AM Posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Replies: 3
Posted By Nooker
Canada $1000

ya, and it was a mistake on my part that I didn't get it from you when I
could have :(

Mark

"Owen W. Linzmayer" wrote in message
No,...
Forum: Coins October 23rd 06, 04:16 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 3
Posted By Nooker
RCM bullion plastic packaging.

I second that. I've had some nasty spots occur with SML's in the Mint
packaging. Get'em out of there !

Mark

"Bill Dunkinfield" wrote in message...
Showing results 1 to 13 of 13