Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 1.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Frank Provasek
Forum: Coins September 27th 14, 05:18 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 9
Posted By Frank Provasek
196X Dime Date Error

On Saturday, June 7, 2014 5:38:28 AM UTC-5, Michael Benveniste wrote:
On 6/6/2014 7:33 PM, Bob Rudd wrote:

I think the lawsuit effectively fractured this ng, in retrospect.

Forum: Coins April 12th 14, 05:44 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 13
Posted By Frank Provasek
What happened to The Tulving Company?

On Thursday, March 27, 2014 4:33:01 PM UTC-5, wrote:
Ordered a couple of times about 5 yrs ago and shipments took longer than promised. Spoke to Tulving both times and he was...
Forum: Coins March 8th 14, 02:49 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 2
Posted By Frank Provasek
Fort Worth Coin Club Show March 8 & 9

Fort Worth Coin Club 2014 Spring Show
Saturday, March 8 -- 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Sunday, March 9 -- 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.

Lockheed Martin Recreation Center
3400 Bryant Irvin Road - Ft. Worth,...
Forum: Coins May 1st 13, 10:46 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 2
Posted By Frank Provasek
New ANA Executive director named

From the ANA press release: 1 May 2013

Veteran ANA employee Kim Kiick named Executive Director
Board Also to Retain Management Consultant

Kim Kiick, a long-time senior manager and Director of...
Forum: Coins April 30th 13, 11:13 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 4
Posted By Frank Provasek
Another ANA Executive Director "relieved of duties"

NEWS FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Friday, April 26, 2013

CONTACT: Jake Sherlock

Telephone: 719-482-9872

E-mail:

ANA Board Elects Not To Extend Contract of Executive Director Jeff
Shevlin
Forum: Coins April 30th 13, 11:09 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 1
Posted By Frank Provasek
Star Notes

On Apr 29, 11:38*am, "bremick" wrote:
Is there any short term collector premium value on modern star notes that
are nice but not crisp new? *Every few months or so I run across a...
Forum: Coins April 30th 13, 11:06 PM Posted to uk.rec.collecting.coins,rec.collecting.coins,alt.marketing.online.ebay
Replies: 14
Posted By Frank Provasek
Ebay have failed to remove undeserved negatives

We lost our 20% discount due to a buyer who left positive feedback,
but left a "1" DSR for shipping time, even though he paid us March 25,
item was shipped
March 26 and signed for by the buyer March...
Forum: Coins April 22nd 13, 01:46 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 6
Posted By Frank Provasek
I'd love to see this kind of criminal prosecution in the "Coin Industry"...

On Apr 16, 9:55*pm, "Lord Hawhaw" wrote:
"Frank Provasek" *wrote in message

Forum: Coins April 16th 13, 08:49 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 6
Posted By Frank Provasek
I'd love to see this kind of criminal prosecution in the "Coin Industry"...

Normally a "trimmed" card is undersize...but this particular card seems to have been cut with sissors from a full sheet many years ago. (Thousands of uncut sheets containing T206 were trashed by...
Forum: Coins April 10th 13, 11:59 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 11
Posted By Frank Provasek
Guess whose auction got cancelled?

On Mar 20, 11:00*am, oly wrote:

You rely on what the sellers' packaging says for your legal advice???

No, I relied on my eBay account rep's advice based on my reading him
the...
Forum: Coins April 9th 13, 08:37 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 34
Posted By Frank Provasek
Current opinion on grading/slabbing?

Is a "70" really worth 3 to 20 times as much as a "69"? Since a "70"
is either "perfect" or "as struck" or "no visible flaws under 5x
magnification" -- I think a hand-selected "69" or original raw...
Forum: Coins March 20th 13, 11:28 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 11
Posted By Frank Provasek
Guess whose auction got cancelled?

On Saturday, March 16, 2013 10:56:57 PM UTC-5, Batson D. Belfry wrote:

You are full of ****, Provasicko.

You were selling replica coins on eBay, in violation of their prohibition..

And...
Forum: Coins March 16th 13, 01:59 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 11
Posted By Frank Provasek
Guess whose auction got cancelled?

On Thursday, February 7, 2013 10:19:26 AM UTC-6, Batson D. Belfry wrote:
Three guesses!

I have a copy of your report, Finnan.
Forum: Coins January 14th 13, 02:43 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 48
Posted By Frank Provasek
Trillion Dollar Coin

On Jan 11, 1:04*am, Jerry Dennis wrote:
On Jan 10, 6:02*pm, Frank Galikanokus
wrote:

Forum: Coins December 21st 12, 05:26 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 9
Posted By Frank Provasek
Ebay quietly changes shill bidding policies

Ebay has quietly modified its shill bidding policies to remove problematic bans against bidding on items sold by people you know or if you have knowledge about an item that others do not have (with...
Forum: Coins December 18th 12, 05:11 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 34
Posted By Frank Provasek
shoebox of - .10, .25, .50, 1.00

SIlver coins withdrawn from circulation in the late 1960s (dated 1935
or so up to 1964)
are generally worth only their value as silver. This link has the
current values. A dealer will pay
about 10%...
Forum: Coins November 4th 12, 01:49 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 9
Posted By Frank Provasek
War of 1812 coins

There are some "don't go there" aspects of celebrating this anniversary.

1. We invaded Canada, thinking we would be greeted as liberators.

2. About 3,000 American black slaves received their...
Forum: Coins September 16th 12, 09:47 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 19
Posted By Frank Provasek
Afraid to Mention 'Gold'?

On Aug 30, 7:15*pm, Frank Galikanokus
wrote:
An article about cleaning up the wreckage of the current
Administration's policies?

Forum: Coins September 16th 12, 09:05 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 3
Posted By Frank Provasek
Why would PCGS grade a Morgan 64+

On Sep 14, 9:41*pm, sgt23 wrote:
On Sep 14, 7:04*pm, John N wrote:

Not my auction, but noticed the grade and wondered is this commonly done?
Forum: Coins August 14th 12, 10:23 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 5
Posted By Frank Provasek
FS: Rare Danville VA 1902 $20 note finest of 2 known

Wow, did I mess up...

Should be

"Date back" notes have the DATE that Congress authorized the CHARTER
period
Forum: Coins August 14th 12, 05:16 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 5
Posted By Frank Provasek
FS: Rare Danville VA 1902 $20 note finest of 2 known

"Date back" notes have the sate that Congress authorized the carter period.

See

http://images.davidlawrence.com/ProductImagesCDN/264xxx/264504_r.jpg

Later notes omitted this, thus "Plain Back"
Forum: Coins August 14th 12, 12:48 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 5
Posted By Frank Provasek
FS: Rare Danville VA 1902 $20 note finest of 2 known

Wow, just acquired the rarest item I have encountered in 21 years of
professional full time numismatics! A 1902 plain back $20 note from
First National Bank of Danville, VA. It's in a new CGA...
Forum: Coins July 20th 12, 05:02 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 1
Posted By Frank Provasek
need advice on paper money

Here are the photos from the OP

Looks genuine to me

http://www.frankcoins.com/cfed.jpg

http://www.frankcoins.com/cfed2.jpg
Forum: Coins June 14th 12, 10:34 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 41
Posted By Frank Provasek
Nice coins on eBay, no reserve, one cent start

On Jun 14, 2:27*pm, "Farmer Al Falfa" wrote:
"oly" *wrote in message

Ah, Fwankie is back to...
Forum: Coins June 12th 12, 10:51 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 9
Posted By Frank Provasek
Ebay Coin Auction Guidelines

And likely coming soon -- already being rolled out on eBay Germany --
Amazon-style payments. The buyer will pay eBay directly and the funds
will be released to you only after Ebay confirms delivery...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 500