Showing results 1 to 9 of 9
Search took 0.15 seconds.
Forum: Books September 2nd 06, 06:23 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 13
Posted By [email protected]
Pricing my collection (using Readerware)

You are right. So much of this is subjective but I would STRONGLY
suggest you keep information on "going rates" if only on a yearly
basis, for your books. I'm not sure how insurance companies...
Forum: Books August 31st 06, 04:08 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 7
Posted By [email protected]
Finding the right dealer to sell our book

Yes,
You have to scroll down to find it.
Francis A. Miniter wrote:
wrote:

This site has information of some interest, although no value given for
your book:
Forum: Books August 30th 06, 08:35 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 7
Posted By [email protected]
Finding the right dealer to sell our book

This site has information of some interest, although no value given for
your book:
http://www.esoteric.msu.edu/Versluis.html
You can get a free appraisal or information by emailing swann
galleries....
Forum: Books August 28th 06, 02:27 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
Inherited a book collection

I always start with the general book search places like other people
have noted, including Abe.com, bookfinder.com, Addall, etc. You DO have
to type in the tile correctly at Addall; even one letter...
Forum: Books August 27th 06, 07:03 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
FOR SALE- Rare 1923 NANTUCKET Genealogy, Whaling, Maritime, FARNHAM family

Fair enough. Book is being offered at $74.00.
I AM offering to sell the book...to the person who matches or
goes over my opening price, which I think is quite fair. However a
book is...
Forum: Books August 26th 06, 05:36 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
FOR SALE- Rare 1923 NANTUCKET Genealogy, Whaling, Maritime, FARNHAM family

PLEASE NOTE: This auction will not show up till tonight so the link
won't work till then. Item: 190024930342

or just...
Forum: Books August 5th 06, 06:56 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 19
Posted By [email protected]
Book Pricing

Kris (your post below) I would agree with you MOST of the time about
"clueless sellers".

However, as both a seller and a collector, I can say that I have seen
postal trucks drive over packages on...
Forum: Books August 5th 06, 06:44 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 19
Posted By [email protected]
Book Pricing

Sorry, I guess my previous answer was written from a bookseller's
perspective. I am also a book collector so I'll offer that viewpoint,
too. I don't think one way is GENERALLY cheaper then the other....
Forum: Books August 5th 06, 06:26 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 19
Posted By [email protected]
Book Pricing

smokey wrote:
Is it cheaper to buy online or buy retail

I think what is important is to develop a STEADY source of books at a
price that will allow you to resell them for your desired...
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9