Showing results 1 to 25 of 63
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: John Ahnen
Forum: Coins March 29th 09, 10:24 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 21
Posted By John Ahnen
More nice coins on ebay

PLONK PLONK PLONK PLONK PLONK PLONK PLONK PLONK PLONK PLONK PLONK PLONK
PLONK PLONK PLONK PLONKPLONK PLONK PLONK PLONK PLONK PLONK PLONK PLONKPLONK
PLONK PLONK PLONK PLONK PLONK PLONK PLONKPLONK...
Forum: Coins January 1st 09, 12:52 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 21
Posted By John Ahnen
A Texan looks at Lincoln on the 200th anniversary of his birth

James, I agree with what you said, which as usual is much more eloquent than
I could express.

Happy New Year to you and all the rcc'ers. (trolls excluded) may 2009 and
beyond be numismatically...
Forum: Coins December 31st 08, 06:58 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 21
Posted By John Ahnen
A Texan looks at Lincoln on the 200th anniversary of his birth

He "proved" no such thing. What you or I choose to believe is up to us.
Darwin merely proposed a theory to dispute the creationist theory widely
accepted by most religions. As far me (still unable...
Forum: Coins August 11th 08, 01:09 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 0
Posted By John Ahnen
FS: US and Panama Balboas

I have decided to reduce the size and content of the coins I have
accumulated over the years, retaining those which have some special meaning.
I have sold on ebay for about 9 years or so, and have...
Forum: Coins May 30th 08, 10:04 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 4
Posted By John Ahnen
Question about nickle ingot

Today while at the local convenience store, the clerk was talking with a
customer and showing him a metal bar.

When my turn came I asked him about the bar and he said that a man had found
five of...
Forum: Coins April 13th 08, 03:21 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 9
Posted By John Ahnen
Polishing Silver Bullion and Silver Coins.

Irving - these coins and medals/medallions/rounds are yours so you are free
to do as you wish with them. That being said, I would echo the sentiments
of a previous poster concerning the coins,...
Forum: Coins April 12th 08, 06:33 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 2
Posted By John Ahnen
FY just listed 1892 to 1903 MORGANS

Hard to be sure, since the pictures are hard to see the details, but the
1893-O appears to use a picture of an 1892.

--
"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who...
Forum: Coins April 6th 08, 06:42 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins

At auction, a proof 2006 $50 Buffalo. In general, one of the nicest coins
(IMHO) ever minted.

As is the custom, free shipping for rcc'ers, just mention in an email after
you win.

Thanks for...
Forum: Coins March 1st 08, 08:49 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 136
Posted By John Ahnen
Contest WINNER

Thanks George! Your contest seems to have pushed up the price for silver.
How about a contest to see how high the price of gold will go, then another
to see how low the price of gas will go?

You may...
Forum: Coins February 21st 08, 12:49 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 4
Posted By John Ahnen
It came in today...

So far.... none!!

--
"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are
evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it." Albert

A while back another rcc'er posted about how you, yes you, could buy a SAE
for $4.95.

I thought, what the heck and called the number. As he said, I had to say no
to numerous other offers, but she...
Forum: Coins February 10th 08, 03:50 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 88
Posted By John Ahnen
Average Age

50 and feeling it this fine Sunday morning.

--
"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are
evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it." ...
Forum: Coins February 5th 08, 06:26 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 136
Posted By John Ahnen
Contest

$16.55/oz
John
(with fingers crossed)

--
"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are
evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it." ...
Forum: Coins January 18th 08, 07:20 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 1
Posted By John Ahnen
FA: Closing tomorrow PCGS Slabbed

Ending Saturday afternoon. Some nice slabbed Morgans, 2 raw commem gold, $5
eagle, and a nice half dime which is slabbed by NTC.
http://tinyurl.com/292mbl
Thanks for looking. Oh, Rcc'ers can pay by...
Forum: Coins January 15th 08, 07:07 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 16
Posted By John Ahnen
Bald Eagle Coins - US MINT - CRY FOUL

Finally got through on the phone. The operator that I spoke with was
unaware that the ordering portion of the website was unavailable. Anyway,
placed my order for 3 each of the dollars, and one of...
Forum: Coins January 15th 08, 06:52 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 16
Posted By John Ahnen
Bald Eagle Coins - US MINT - CRY FOUL

You are right. The person at the mint who decided to put the ordering
portion of the website out of commission at the exact time the bald eagles
were to go on sale should be fired.

As it is, with...
Forum: Coins January 12th 08, 10:31 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 0
Posted By John Ahnen
FA: Slabbed PCGS and others...

are now posted on ebay for your consideration. I earlier said they would go
up on Sunday, but got impatient and started them.

Again, for rcc regulars, contact me and I will allow Paypal and...
Forum: Coins January 12th 08, 03:42 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 1
Posted By John Ahnen
Just a heads up...

Will do.
John
'still a top-poster'

--
"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are
evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it." ...
Forum: Coins January 12th 08, 03:37 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 12
Posted By John Ahnen
A BU Morgan.

Based on comparisons, MS-64. Maybe.

--
"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are
evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it." ...
Forum: Coins January 11th 08, 05:10 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 1
Posted By John Ahnen
Just a heads up...

that Sunday at noon (ebay time) I will have coins listed. Most are PCGS
certified, some have reserves, just for my protection. To head off the
flames, I know that I will get more bidders if I allow...
Forum: Coins November 2nd 07, 02:53 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 4
Posted By John Ahnen
"Skinny" Cent

I should have gone ahead and also dug out my micrometer and a set of digital
scales, which I will do next time and post the results.

--
"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the...
Forum: Coins November 1st 07, 07:55 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins

I was just going through one of my boxes of miscellanous coins and found a
strange one that I had squirreled away.

The coin is a 1967 Linclon cent that appears to be normal, with the
exception that...
Forum: Coins October 31st 07, 12:17 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 6
Posted By John Ahnen
Suggestions On Basic American Collection?

You have the great beginning of a US type set. From here you can look at:

2-cent piece
3-cent silver
3-cent nickle
half cent
half dime
large cent

All of the above can be obtained at reasonable...
Forum: Coins August 19th 07, 06:30 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 2
Posted By John Ahnen
WTB Nice St. Louis Expo 1904 Medal W/ Box

Here's one now on ebay, ending today. Not my...
Forum: Coins July 25th 07, 12:57 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 15
Posted By John Ahnen
Contest: Will I get my first neg?

Steve, I have been in similar situations, primarily due to my own lack of
digilence. One coin I bought on ebay was a 3-cent silver, when I received
it had an initial scratched on it. When I went...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 63