Showing results 1 to 11 of 11
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: OhioGuy
Forum: Coins June 29th 17, 11:38 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 18
Posted By OhioGuy
Any oldtimers around?

"Richard L. Hall" wrote in news:oh99v0$gol$1
@dont-email.me:

Just checking if any oldfimers are still around

Richard

Forum: Coins July 9th 09, 04:22 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 16
Posted By OhioGuy
time to provalue our money?

Why would lopping off some zeroes lead to stable prices there genius?

The stability would derive from the point that you mentioned - a penny
change would equal a dollar change in today's money....
Forum: Coins July 9th 09, 04:50 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 16
Posted By OhioGuy
time to provalue our money?

Wait, does that mean my hourly rate of pay, and everyone else who gets
simple wage increases, gets dollar an hour raises instead of 30 cents?

Yes - imagine if you will a postage stamp that could...
Forum: Coins July 8th 09, 10:58 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 16
Posted By OhioGuy
time to provalue our money?

With inflation, it is really getting to the point where coins aren't worth
much. In fact, you need a whole fistful to buy even much of anything at a
dollar store.

My wife says it is time to get...
Forum: Coins February 1st 08, 08:39 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 3
Posted By OhioGuy
2008 Silver Eagle for $4.95 total

I just found this deal at the slickdeals.net website, and thought I'd pass
it along here. I called the number below, and my total time on the phone
was 10 minutes. I said "No Thanks) about 18...
Forum: Coins January 3rd 08, 05:39 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 3
Posted By OhioGuy
Numismatic News - free silver eagle

Anyone out there subscribe to Numismatic News & get the free silver eagle
each year?

I just got an email saying I could get this deal for $36

I can get a subscription for $16 by itself, and...
Forum: Coins January 3rd 08, 05:37 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 10
Posted By OhioGuy
collecting coins - is it worth it any more?

Are auctions of that type the best way to regularly get coins for a lot
less than they are worth?

Anyone having the answer to your question would be very foolish to post it

Ah, yes. ...
Forum: Coins January 2nd 08, 08:12 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 10
Posted By OhioGuy
collecting coins - is it worth it any more?

Due to the high silver prices, I sold off a couple of rolls of 1964 silver
halves that I found when going through rolls at the local bank back when I
was 16.

These were the only coins I had...
Forum: Coins December 17th 07, 05:06 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 4
Posted By OhioGuy
Numismatic News - does it come with Silver Eagle?

My Father in Law was telling me that he gets a new Silver Eagle with his
Numismatic News subscription each year.

Can anyone verify whether they really do ship one of these out with each
year's...
Forum: Coins November 29th 07, 07:54 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 15
Posted By OhioGuy
How to get lesser used coins & $2 bills these days?

For a number of different reasons, I'd like to track down about $100 total
worth of half dollar rolls, dollar coins, & $2 bills.

I'm having a heck of a time doing so, however.

My credit union,...
Forum: Coins March 23rd 07, 01:52 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 2
Posted By OhioGuy
looking for paper holder to display 20 Kennedy half dollars

I'm not sure what this is called, but I would like a paper holder to
display 20 Kennedy half dollars. I've seen these before, but can't seem to
find any when I do a search on Google. All I get...
Showing results 1 to 11 of 11