Showing results 1 to 25 of 139
Search took 1.19 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Michael Ng
Forum: Coins October 30th 07, 06:02 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 16
Posted By Michael Ng
$5K - $7.5K coin purcash

Dennis G. Rears wrote:

Any suggestion on want to buy? I am leaning towards a slabbed morgan.
Would I be better off to buy a lower graded 1893-S or a MS-65 semi-key?
What about the 1911-D...
Forum: Coins October 24th 07, 01:58 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 21
Posted By Michael Ng
FA: 1877 Indian Head Cent the Key Date. Perfect Fine..guaranteed

RF wrote:

Thus speaketh the irate huckster.
If you are so sure your coin is genuine and and F12, why not submit to
a TPG, you crooked piece of dog excrement? Is it because you'd rather
Forum: Coins October 11th 07, 06:13 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 2
Posted By Michael Ng
Where's Ira?

Wes Chormicle wrote:
Haven't seen him post for a while and he has no auctions going. Hope he's
ok.

Wes

Ira is doing just fine.
Forum: Coins October 7th 07, 09:06 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 4
Posted By Michael Ng
Getiing coins certified

don't look wrote:
It's a bit confusing figuring out the exact cost to get coins graded by
either PCGS or NGC. If I sent five coins for grading what would be my total
cost.I'm thinking the...
Forum: Coins September 27th 07, 01:42 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 3
Posted By Michael Ng
PCGS Grading Experiment Results and Comments

wrote:
In article ,
says...

Hi all,

A few months ago, I mentioned that I was going to send some...
Forum: Coins September 27th 07, 05:45 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 3
Posted By Michael Ng
PCGS Grading Experiment Results and Comments

Hi all,

A few months ago, I mentioned that I was going to send some "other"
slabs in for Crossovers to PCGS. Here are the results.

The Good

PCI 1898-O Morgan MS65 -- PCGS MS65
PCI 1880-O...
Forum: Coins September 10th 07, 03:07 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 2
Posted By Michael Ng
FA: 1902 Proof Barber 10c PCGS 64 toned closing tomorrow

Bruce H (BoxTurtle) wrote:
On Sun, 09 Sep 2007 09:40:58 -0700, Michael Ng is
alleged to have written:

mrcoin wrote:

Hmm
Forum: Coins September 9th 07, 05:40 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 2
Posted By Michael Ng
Heritage Coin Auction Question

Hi,

I have a question. For Heritage Coin Auctions, does the seller get
the full hammer price, or is there a seller commission on the hammer
price too?

Thanks,

Mike
Forum: Coins August 31st 07, 05:18 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 10
Posted By Michael Ng
ANI stinks

don't look wrote:

Doesn't matter.It wasn't cheap.But it wasn't retail either..The main point
is it was professionally graded by ANI,badly.Secondary point is I believe
that damage was...
Forum: Coins August 31st 07, 05:17 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 7
Posted By Michael Ng
Formerly my auctions

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=330154568589
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=330156608727

Just making a comment.

They are both the same coin.
Forum: Coins August 31st 07, 03:28 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 10
Posted By Michael Ng
ANI stinks

don't look wrote:
"Purchased" an 1858 Flying eagle cent in an ANI case graded VF-30. Shoulda
heeded the few warnings about 3rd tier graders.
Turns out when I got the coin and could inspect it...
Forum: Coins August 18th 07, 12:05 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 8
Posted By Michael Ng
PCGS Price Guide, subtle change?

Mr. Jaggers wrote:
I just consulted the online PCGS price guide and find the message "The
prices listed in this price guide are for PCGS graded coins only." Didn't
it used to say that the...
Forum: Coins August 11th 07, 06:57 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 2
Posted By Michael Ng
Grading Experiment Time

Jerry Dennis wrote:
On Aug 7, 9:22?pm, Michael Ng wrote:

Hi all,

I am going to try a grading experiment.

I will randomly select 5 raw coins and 5...
Forum: Coins August 9th 07, 06:30 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 27
Posted By Michael Ng
Image theft on my auction

PC wrote:

"Michael Ng" wrote in message

Hmm

Indeed.
Forum: Coins August 9th 07, 06:05 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 27
Posted By Michael Ng
Image theft on my auction

PC wrote:

wrote in message

Speaking of which, by the same token, do you use the same photo for
all...
Forum: Coins August 9th 07, 04:33 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 5
Posted By Michael Ng
FA: MS 1957D Lincoln Wheat Cent BIE error

Xray wrote:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=130139916833

Regards

Hmm.

Yesss. A very interesting coin to say the least.
Forum: Coins August 8th 07, 02:22 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 2
Posted By Michael Ng
Grading Experiment Time

Hi all,

I am going to try a grading experiment.

I will randomly select 5 raw coins and 5 "third-tier" graded coins
to be attempted to be slabbed by PCGS within the next two months. I...
Forum: Coins July 26th 07, 12:01 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 3
Posted By Michael Ng
9 Silver Dollars (Trade, Morgan, Peace) for sale on eBay

mheavner wrote:
I recently acquired a set of coins. I sold some via private
transactions and the rest I've listed on eBay. Here's a link to view
my items up for sale - please check them out if...
Forum: Coins July 25th 07, 07:03 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 15
Posted By Michael Ng
Contest: Will I get my first neg?

Steve wrote:

The person who comes closest to guessing the outcome (my decision) will
receive a nice prize appropriate to their collecting interests. I'm sorry
for not posting the link, but...
Forum: Coins July 22nd 07, 01:30 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 8
Posted By Michael Ng
selling coins

Marvin wrote:
Since I'm not allowed on e-bay to sell my coins because I'm a web tv
user ... is there any other location on the internet where I can sell my
coins? I would be gratefull for...
Forum: Coins July 21st 07, 10:40 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 26
Posted By Michael Ng
NGC Price Guide

Mr. Jaggers wrote:
wrote in message

Could someone PLEASE give me the link for the price guide. I have...
Forum: Coins July 19th 07, 07:13 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 5
Posted By Michael Ng
FA: New listing of a near gem PCGS MS-64 RD 1909-S VDB

Ira wrote:

Thousand$$ less than the MS-65 RD I have on eBay, this might fill the
bill for those with a smaller coin budget Nicest MS-64RD of this date
I've seen at any major show in the past...
Forum: Coins July 6th 07, 07:02 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 27
Posted By Michael Ng
Just a point of clarification from Ira

Wes Chormicle wrote:
I missed most of this exchange because of the "block" feature. It's a sure
bet that anyone who has a problem with Ira, gets "Kill Filed" from me.

Wes

Forum: Coins June 29th 07, 02:46 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 3
Posted By Michael Ng
Grading Question

Collector wrote:
I would appreciate your thoughts on the accuracy of PCI grading. Thnaks

Buy the coin, not the holder.

Mike
Showing results 1 to 25 of 139