Showing results 1 to 20 of 20
Search took 0.24 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: ian-b
Forum: General Discussion April 12th 10, 09:01 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 1
Posted By ian-b
Year's Biggest Cachetmakers Bourse Planned for Americover 2010

On 11 Apr, 20:08, "Lloyd A. de Vries"
wrote:
Americover 2010, the American First Day Cover Society's annual World
Series of Philately stamp show and convention, will...
Forum: General Discussion December 31st 06, 04:07 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 2
Posted By ian-b
Beatles GB, Early Release?

Quercus Robur wrote:
I have just received an envelope stamped with the Beatles 72p. The Royal
Mail indicates the release date is January 9th 2007. This envelope is post
marked 19 Dec 2006. ...
Forum: General Discussion September 25th 06, 10:06 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 30
Posted By ian-b
US 'Forever' stamp

Alan wrote:

The US Postal Service has informed the Postal Rate Commission of its
proposals for a 'Forever' stamp.

For lengthy discussions on the merits and demerits of the proposal,...
Forum: Marketplace September 25th 06, 10:02 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.marketplace,alt.collecting.stamps,rec.collecting.stamps.discuss,alt.conspiracy.new-world-order
Replies: 5
Posted By ian-b
Off With The Queens Head

Dave wrote:

Or is this all about some sort of conspiracy theory?
Good guess. I posted to alt.conspiracy.new-world-order.

Money is no object when it comes to state security. I have been...
Forum: General Discussion September 25th 06, 10:02 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.marketplace,alt.collecting.stamps,rec.collecting.stamps.discuss,alt.conspiracy.new-world-order
Replies: 5
Posted By ian-b
Off With The Queens Head

Dave wrote:

Or is this all about some sort of conspiracy theory?
Good guess. I posted to alt.conspiracy.new-world-order.

Money is no object when it comes to state security. I have been...
Forum: General Discussion September 23rd 06, 07:47 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 7
Posted By ian-b
Scott v Gibbons

Sir F. A. Rien wrote:

Stoneham's been around since 1978 ... 9th ed. was 1988, so the '78 was
probably the first they made.
Yes, I have had two earlier editions. The latest is...
Forum: General Discussion September 23rd 06, 07:35 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.marketplace,alt.collecting.stamps,rec.collecting.stamps.discuss,alt.conspiracy.new-world-order
Replies: 5
Posted By ian-b
Off With The Queens Head

wrote:

I think the days of regular postage stamps are coming to an end.

***why?***

With
a unique barcode it makes it easier to trace a letter/packet back to
the...
Forum: Marketplace September 23rd 06, 07:35 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.marketplace,alt.collecting.stamps,rec.collecting.stamps.discuss,alt.conspiracy.new-world-order
Replies: 5
Posted By ian-b
Off With The Queens Head

wrote:

I think the days of regular postage stamps are coming to an end.

***why?***

With
a unique barcode it makes it easier to trace a letter/packet back to
the...
Forum: Marketplace September 22nd 06, 08:06 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.marketplace,alt.collecting.stamps,rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 5
Posted By ian-b
Off With The Queens Head

JA** wrote:
The Queen's head has been banished from a new hi-tech version of the stamp
that is launched today by the Royal Mail. The decision ends a tradition
dating back more than 160...
Forum: General Discussion September 22nd 06, 08:06 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.marketplace,alt.collecting.stamps,rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 5
Posted By ian-b
Off With The Queens Head

JA** wrote:
The Queen's head has been banished from a new hi-tech version of the stamp
that is launched today by the Royal Mail. The decision ends a tradition
dating back more than 160...
Forum: General Discussion September 22nd 06, 07:21 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 7
Posted By ian-b
Scott v Gibbons

Sir F. A. Rien wrote:
Gibbons also has a financial interest in keeping prices moving up, scutt
just throws darts IMHO.

A real price list (US) would be Brookman, for the UK ???

The Stoneham...
Forum: Worldwide Stamps September 10th 06, 09:21 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss,alt.collecting.stamps.worldwide
Replies: 0
Posted By ian-b
First "Uncut Press Sheets" from Royal Mail

Royal Mail is selling "authentic press sheets" of the Victoria Cross
miniature sheet issued on 21 September.

"This comprises uncut printers' sheets of 10 miniature sheets with
special embossed...
Forum: General Discussion September 10th 06, 09:21 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss,alt.collecting.stamps.worldwide
Replies: 0
Posted By ian-b
First "Uncut Press Sheets" from Royal Mail

Royal Mail is selling "authentic press sheets" of the Victoria Cross
miniature sheet issued on 21 September.

"This comprises uncut printers' sheets of 10 miniature sheets with
special embossed...
Forum: General Discussion September 8th 06, 10:01 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 2
Posted By ian-b
buying and selling for free

wrote:
I started www.MooBid.com about a week ago, and already its growing
fast. Its completely free to buy, sell, or trade. Even stores are free.
It will continue to be this...
Forum: General Discussion September 8th 06, 09:58 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 5
Posted By ian-b
Stamp copyright

Arthur wrote:

I was musing on this and wondered how, if pictures of stamps are an infringement
of copyright (in the was that a picture of a Rolls Royce isn't), then how on
earth do Stanley...
Forum: General Discussion September 8th 06, 09:33 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 18
Posted By ian-b
Israel philatelic problems (was New subject)

Victor Manta wrote:
------8----

"removed, deleted, replaced by 'UK' or anything" by whom? By you or by the
PO, i.e. a special stamp issued for him? If its by you, then he can do it by
Forum: General Discussion September 1st 06, 04:56 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 18
Posted By ian-b
Israel philatelic problems (was New subject)

A.E. Gelat wrote:
This is an example of what happens to a stamp if the postal
authority handling it deems it unacceptable.
----8-----
This following image is of a non-philatelic letter that I...
Forum: General Discussion September 1st 06, 04:37 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 25
Posted By ian-b
Image Thief

Bill Sharpe wrote:
IE 7 beta and Firefox both rendered pictures nicely and allowed saving.
Why anyone would want to save the last scan eludes me.

Bill

It is actually a very good example of...
Forum: General Discussion September 1st 06, 04:29 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 25
Posted By ian-b
Image Thief

Very interesting thread.

I too found the Image thief when I first clicked.

I then took the original URL from OLD Raphael and deleted back to
http://hobby.offtime.org/

Then I clicked on...
Forum: Marketplace September 1st 06, 04:10 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.marketplace
Replies: 0
Posted By ian-b
INFO/FS: Great Britain stamp programme update

(Posted under Marketplace because we sell GB new issues!)

Greetings,

Our website - http://www.norphil.co.uk - has been updated with the
latest information about the Great Britain stamp programme...
Showing results 1 to 20 of 20