Showing results 1 to 25 of 64
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Fred Shecter
Forum: Coins October 31st 08, 02:30 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 27
Posted By Fred Shecter
Self Check-Out machines that take $2 Bills and Halves? Attn: Fred Shecter

Ike dollaes are "uncurrent" as they were superseded by the SBA in 1979. All
small dollar coins are "current" until they decide to optically sort and
melt the Susies (don't hold your breath for...
Forum: Coins August 5th 08, 11:21 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 15
Posted By Fred Shecter
Are mint prez bucks rolls going to be worth anything?

Why in the world would you drive to the bank and trade them back to take
your wife out to dinner? They are money and can be used to buy dinner.

I spend nothing but dollar coins and two dollar...
Forum: Coins May 18th 08, 11:51 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 6
Posted By Fred Shecter
John Quincy Adams coins

I have been offline most of the week and travelling to a supplier for work.
I did get rolls of them on Tuesday (2 days early) and many banks had them on
Wednesday, but I could not get a large...
Forum: Coins March 3rd 08, 02:30 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 2
Posted By Fred Shecter
Prez Dollars

Your bank is lying to you. They come in boxes of $1000.

$2000 is a bag of loose dollar coins.

All of that information is available in the "Fed Flash" newsletter of the
Federal Reserve.

--
-Fred...
Forum: Coins March 3rd 08, 02:28 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins

USPS vending machines are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. THAT is
one of the main reasons I love them. The clerks, no matter how nice, will
not sell you stamps at 3 am.

--
-Fred...
Forum: Paper Money February 10th 08, 08:02 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins,rec.collecting.paper-money

See auction link below if interested. Thanks.

--
-Fred Shecter
remove zorch two places to reply
Replies: 1
Posted By Fred Shecter
[FA] 2003A Twos Full bundles RADAR and Odometer Rollever

See auction link below if interested. Thanks.

--
-Fred Shecter
remove zorch two places to reply
Current eBay...
Forum: Paper Money January 17th 08, 02:05 AM Posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Replies: 0
Posted By Fred Shecter
[FA] RADAR bundle and Odometer rollover budle of 2003A $2 bills

See link below and bid if interested. You should get it in time for
Chinese/Lunar New Year.

--
-Fred Shecter
remove zorch two places to reply
Current eBay...
Forum: Coins January 17th 08, 02:05 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 0
Posted By Fred Shecter
[FA] RADAR bundle and Odometer rollover budle of 2003A $2 bills

See link below and bid if interested. You should get it in time for
Chinese/Lunar New Year.

--
-Fred Shecter
remove zorch two places to reply
Current eBay...
Forum: Coins December 28th 07, 08:36 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins,rec.collecting.paper-money
Replies: 0
Posted By Fred Shecter
[FA] BEP Crisp Uncirculated Bundles of Twos

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ25QQfsooZ1QQfsopZ1QQsassZshreadvector

--
-Fred Shecter
remove zorch two places to reply
Current eBay...
Forum: Paper Money December 28th 07, 08:36 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins,rec.collecting.paper-money
Replies: 0
Posted By Fred Shecter
[FA] BEP Crisp Uncirculated Bundles of Twos

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ25QQfsooZ1QQfsopZ1QQsassZshreadvector

--
-Fred Shecter
remove zorch two places to reply
Current eBay...
Forum: Paper Money December 25th 07, 09:16 PM Posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Replies: 6
Posted By Fred Shecter
Fake $2.00 bill - funny

VERY OLD. From the dawn of USENET.

http://www.snopes.com/business/money/tacobell.asp

--
-Fred Shecter
remove zorch two places to reply
Current eBay...
Forum: Coins September 23rd 07, 11:50 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 1
Posted By Fred Shecter
Sacagawea reverse redesign moving closer to law.

Now law.

PDF of the law will show up online within a week or so. It takes time....

--
-Fred Shecter
remove zorch two places to reply
Current eBay...
Forum: Coins August 21st 07, 03:34 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 6
Posted By Fred Shecter
Sacagawea reverse redesign moving closer to law.

They keep the obverse (Sacagawea) and change the reverse and add edge
lettering.

--
-Fred Shecter
remove zorch two places to reply
Current eBay...
Forum: Coins August 17th 07, 03:09 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 3
Posted By Fred Shecter
Dollar coins from the bank this week.

An opportunity to test out the new Earthlink news server. (They outsourced,
changed servers and told zero customers. It tool a couple of chats with
useless support - I forgot to ask how the...
Forum: Coins August 16th 07, 04:16 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 0
Posted By Fred Shecter
Test using "any available"

Testing at 8:16

--
-Fred Shecter
remove zorch two places to reply
Current eBay auctions:
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ25QQfsooZ1QQfsopZ1QQsassZshreadvector

Join the...
Forum: Coins August 16th 07, 04:15 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 0
Posted By Fred Shecter
test using "LAN"

Testing at 8:15 pm

--
-Fred Shecter
remove zorch two places to reply
Current eBay auctions:
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ25QQfsooZ1QQfsopZ1QQsassZshreadvector

Join the Revolution:
Forum: Coins May 29th 07, 12:27 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 3
Posted By Fred Shecter
Found a 2007-P Sacagawea

I stopped buying the mint bags after 2004. The 2005, 2005 and 2007 prices
from the mint are beyond insane.

--
-Fred Shecter
remove zorch two places to reply
Current eBay...
Forum: Coins May 27th 07, 12:53 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 3
Posted By Fred Shecter
Found a 2007-P Sacagawea

I got my usual 2 boxes of circulated dollar coins at the bank on Friday and
I looked through 3/4 of them. I found a 2007-P Sacagawea in the first roll I
opened. So, far, the rest are the usual mix...
Forum: Coins May 8th 07, 02:43 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 9
Posted By Fred Shecter
Dollar coins at Cinco de Mayo festival

What city? Was the festival at a location that was reached by many via mass
transit? They may have had many dollar coins in their pockets as change for
$20 bills inserted in ticket/fare-card...
Forum: Paper Money April 22nd 07, 08:05 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins,rec.collecting.paper-money
Replies: 1
Posted By Fred Shecter
Hysterical Two Dollar Bill and Dollar Coin video

http://youtube.com/watch?v=sB_IVngwxNg

--
-Fred Shecter
remove zorch two places to reply
Current eBay auctions:
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ25QQfsooZ1QQfsopZ1QQsassZshreadvector

Join...
Forum: Coins April 22nd 07, 08:05 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins,rec.collecting.paper-money
Replies: 1
Posted By Fred Shecter
Hysterical Two Dollar Bill and Dollar Coin video

http://youtube.com/watch?v=sB_IVngwxNg

--
-Fred Shecter
remove zorch two places to reply
Current eBay auctions:
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ25QQfsooZ1QQfsopZ1QQsassZshreadvector

Join...
Forum: Coins April 17th 07, 04:10 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 10
Posted By Fred Shecter
Vending machines at work

Our Safeway stores (Vons) have the older machines which all got the stickers
in 2000 indicating they don;t accept dollar coins. They did this because the
price was really low (25 cents at one time...
Forum: Coins April 17th 07, 04:05 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 48
Posted By Fred Shecter
Dollar Coin - US vs Australia vs Rest of the World

ooooooo! It's an international argument about dollar coins.

Maybe we'll get a manifesto yet?

--
-Fred Shecter
remove zorch two places to reply
Current eBay...
Forum: Coins April 17th 07, 04:02 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 67
Posted By Fred Shecter
BTW, Presibux

Not a troll since I ignore most of his negative posts. Once in a while, when
I feel like it, I post a response and then sit back and watch the negative
and illogical response to my message.

Maybe...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 64