Replies: 4
Posted By Matthew[_2_]
parker reflex

On 2008-12-13, Bluesea wrote:

Huh. Yes, I see the shoot-out review on the main page. He says it's
available from big-box office supply stores but doesn't...
Forum: Pens & Pencils December 13th 08, 05:13 PM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 4
Posted By Matthew[_2_]
parker reflex

On 2008-12-11, Bluesea wrote:

"Matthew" wrote in message
Anybody have...
Forum: Pens & Pencils December 9th 08, 03:15 AM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 4
Posted By Matthew[_2_]
parker reflex

Anybody have anything to say about these pens?

matthew
Forum: Pens & Pencils December 1st 08, 07:10 AM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 2
Posted By Matthew[_2_]
Montblanc StarWalker Collection - Rubber/Metal Roller (Not!)

On 2008-12-01, Bart wrote:
Hope I don't get stoned for admitting this here...

I was in Shanghai on business recently (fascinating city!). A friend had
asked me to bring...
Forum: Pens & Pencils October 10th 08, 03:21 AM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 10
Posted By Matthew[_2_]
Maintaining Antique Dip Nibs

On 2008-10-09, Brian Ketterling wrote:
In ,
Aaron W. Hsu wrote:

Do...
Forum: Pens & Pencils October 8th 08, 02:10 AM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils

On 2008-10-06, Aaron W Hsu wrote:
Hey all,

Does anyone have any recommendations for guides or just plain old
advice for what I would need to do to maintain antique or...
Forum: Pens & Pencils September 30th 08, 03:17 PM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 15
Posted By Matthew[_2_]
Montblanc rollerball cap won't post properly

On 2008-09-30, Charles wrote:

Anyone ever heard of this happening? Perhaps someone knows of a simple
way of fixing it?

surfwax or some other grippy coating?
Forum: Pens & Pencils September 3rd 08, 04:42 AM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 12
Posted By Matthew[_2_]
Feathers

On 2008-09-03, Aaron W Hsu wrote:
"Bluesea" writes:

Do they have to be treated for mites? How do you do that?

Generally, boiling or...
Forum: Pens & Pencils September 2nd 08, 01:17 AM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 12
Posted By Matthew[_2_]
Feathers

On 2008-09-01, John B. Egger wrote:

How does one temper a feather?A

They way I saw in the the youtube video I posted a while back
was with a can of warm...
Forum: Pens & Pencils September 2nd 08, 01:15 AM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 12
Posted By Matthew[_2_]
Feathers

On 2008-09-01, Aaron W Hsu wrote:
Matthew writes:

did you temper them too?

For myself I never did temper them. :-) My bad, of course,...
Forum: Pens & Pencils September 2nd 08, 01:12 AM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 14
Posted By Matthew[_2_]
pilot capless problems

On 2008-08-30, Bluesea...
Forum: Pens & Pencils August 31st 08, 11:28 PM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 12
Posted By Matthew[_2_]
Feathers

On 2008-08-31, Aaron W Hsu wrote:
"John B. Egger" writes:

During our summer vacation, I found a couple of beautiful feathers. One...
Forum: Pens & Pencils August 31st 08, 03:51 AM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 14
Posted By Matthew[_2_]
pilot capless problems

On 2008-08-30, Bluesea wrote:

"Matthew" wrote in message
I recently purchased a...
Forum: Pens & Pencils August 30th 08, 12:46 AM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 14
Posted By Matthew[_2_]
pilot capless problems

On 2008-08-29, Jimmy wrote:

Matthew, I agree with Bluesea that the merchant owes you a good nib under
guarantee. That said, if you want to use the pen immediately, buying...
Forum: Pens & Pencils August 29th 08, 12:35 PM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 14
Posted By Matthew[_2_]
pilot capless problems

On 2008-08-29, Bluesea wrote:

"Matthew" wrote in message
I recently purchased a...
Forum: Pens & Pencils August 28th 08, 11:27 PM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 14
Posted By Matthew[_2_]
pilot capless problems

I recently purchased a capless and am liking the pen quite a bit.
The trouble is that I think I have recieved a bad nib unit. The
first ink I tried was a pilot cartridge and within 20 minutes
ink was...
Forum: Pens & Pencils August 22nd 08, 02:07 PM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 4
Posted By Matthew[_2_]
what kind of ink would make this clog?

On 2008-08-22, Brian Ketterling wrote:
I hope it works out OK -- Snorkels are great pens. I have one that's sorted
itself out as my favorite...
Forum: Pens & Pencils August 22nd 08, 02:07 PM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 39
Posted By Matthew[_2_]
Day to day pen opinions

On 2008-08-22, Bluesea wrote:

"Jimmy" wrote in message ...
What do you like every day as a cheap, good fountain...
Forum: Pens & Pencils August 21st 08, 09:08 PM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils

On 2008-08-21, Brian Ketterling wrote:
In ,
Matthew wrote:

I put...
Forum: Pens & Pencils August 21st 08, 05:50 PM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 4
Posted By Matthew[_2_]
what kind of ink would make this clog?

Today I recieved part of an order from pear tree pens, a
sampler pack of diamine inks. I tried the jade green and it
came out looking like pond scum.

I had flushed the snorkel after intially testing...
Forum: Pens & Pencils August 20th 08, 10:52 PM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 39
Posted By Matthew[_2_]
Day to day pen opinions

On 2008-08-18, Bluesea wrote:

I'm still enjoying the Kaweco Sports I got a few months ago in the various
colors. The EDs from Swisher are particularly nice...
Forum: Pens & Pencils August 4th 08, 04:09 AM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 6
Posted By Matthew[_2_]
carbon based inks and pens to use

On 2008-08-02, Brian Ketterling wrote:
In ,
Matthew wrote:

To...
Forum: Pens & Pencils August 2nd 08, 02:46 AM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils

On 2008-08-02, Juhapekka Tolvanen wrote:

Matthew writes:

I use Pelikan Fount India in fountain...
Forum: Pens & Pencils August 2nd 08, 02:09 AM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils

On 2008-08-02, Juhapekka Tolvanen wrote:

Matthew writes:

To anybody out there that has used...
Forum: Pens & Pencils August 1st 08, 11:34 PM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 6
Posted By Matthew[_2_]
carbon based inks and pens to use

To anybody out there that has used higgins or pelikan fount,
what pens are you using with these inks? Are you dilluting
them at all?

matthew
Showing results 1 to 25 of 31