Showing results 1 to 25 of 59
Search took 0.16 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Jean B.
Forum: Books May 15th 13, 04:56 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 12
Posted By Jean B.
Just Found

Francis A. Miniter wrote:
Maya Angelou, I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings (Random House, 1969 first
edition, first printing) in fine condition with fine dust jacket, and no
internal marks.

Forum: Books April 4th 13, 01:06 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 2
Posted By Jean B.
Book Auction

Francis A. Miniter wrote:
A week ago, I went to a book auction in New London, Connecticut. It was
of the type they call a "pick auction". There were thousands of books,
divided up onto...
Forum: Books February 7th 13, 03:33 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 4
Posted By Jean B.
first edition i.d.

Francis A. Miniter wrote:
On 2/1/2013 1:30 PM, wrote:
Howdy -I have copy of John Berendt's Midnight in the Garden of Good
and Evil. The copyright page has no number...
Forum: Books January 24th 13, 01:51 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 1
Posted By Jean B.
some old-time dealers

J wrote:
I recently visited the New York Society Library, which was having a
sale of unwanted and donated materials. I found one hardcover book I’d
wanted for a while, and browsed a cart of...
Forum: Books January 24th 13, 01:47 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 1
Posted By Jean B.
Odd Volumes Redux

Francis A. Miniter wrote:
A year or two ago I picked up volumes 2 through 5 of the first edition
of Washington Irving's _Life of George Washington_ (Putnam, 1855-59).
As with other...
Forum: Books December 7th 12, 01:24 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 11
Posted By Jean B.
odd volumes from a set

Francis A. Miniter wrote:
On 12/5/2012 6:48 PM, Jean B. wrote:
Francis A. Miniter wrote:
On 12/1/2012 7:11 PM, Jean B. wrote:
Francis A. Miniter wrote:
On 11/25/2012 7:16 PM, Jean...
Forum: Books December 5th 12, 11:48 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 11
Posted By Jean B.
odd volumes from a set

Francis A. Miniter wrote:
On 12/1/2012 7:11 PM, Jean B. wrote:
Francis A. Miniter wrote:
On 11/25/2012 7:16 PM, Jean B. wrote:
I was gazing once again at two volumes that I have. From...
Forum: Books December 5th 12, 11:46 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 11
Posted By Jean B.
odd volumes from a set

Francis A. Miniter wrote:
On 11/25/2012 7:16 PM, Jean B. wrote:
I was gazing once again at two volumes that I have. From...
Forum: Books December 2nd 12, 12:13 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 11
Posted By Jean B.
odd volumes from a set

R. Totale wrote:
On Sun, 25 Nov 2012 19:16:46 -0500, "Jean B." wrote:

I was gazing once again at two volumes that I have. From the
exterior they look unexciting, and I...
Forum: Books December 2nd 12, 12:11 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 11
Posted By Jean B.
odd volumes from a set

Francis A. Miniter wrote:
On 11/25/2012 7:16 PM, Jean B. wrote:
I was gazing once again at two volumes that I have. From the exterior
they look unexciting, and I wondered why I got them. I...
Forum: Books November 26th 12, 12:16 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 11
Posted By Jean B.
odd volumes from a set

I was gazing once again at two volumes that I have. From the
exterior they look unexciting, and I wondered why I got them. I
was going to give them away but happened to open them only to be...
Forum: Books November 8th 12, 02:28 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 8
Posted By Jean B.
Primo Levi, If This Is A Man

Francis A. Miniter wrote:
On 11/5/2012 9:34 AM, J wrote:
Do you ever resell, Francis? I only seems to read posts about goodies
added to your collection...

I have not been selling, but...
Forum: Books October 28th 11, 12:52 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 6
Posted By Jean B.
Long Island Book Fair: New Location

J wrote:
On Oct 26, 12:05 pm, "Jean B." wrote:
This must be book fair season. Boston has an antiquarian book
fair the next weekend (the 11th-13th, IIRC), and there is...
Forum: Books October 26th 11, 05:05 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 6
Posted By Jean B.
Long Island Book Fair: New Location

J wrote:
The LIABDA Fall Fair, Saturday and Sunday, November 5-6, 2011, will be
held at Hofstra University's Student Center. Saturday: 11 a.m. - 6
p.m. Sunday: 11 a.m. - 4 p.m.

• Presented...
Forum: Books October 10th 11, 04:03 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 8
Posted By Jean B.
Finds at Goodwill

J wrote:
You have something there! g

Of course, however, I am very unhappy about the book store
closures. It's a good thing that I probably have enough books
here to keep me occupied for...
Forum: Books October 7th 11, 04:08 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 8
Posted By Jean B.
Finds at Goodwill

J wrote:
I wonder if this is to be the new trend. As fewer and fewer secondhand
bookshops exist, people who need to get rid of books will have little
choice but to dump them in charity...
Forum: Books June 16th 11, 03:38 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 6
Posted By Jean B.
Shardik

Francis A. Miniter wrote:
On 6/12/2011 23:30 PM, Jean B. wrote:
Francis A. Miniter wrote:
On 6/12/2011 8:28 AM, J wrote:
On Jun 11, 11:45�pm, "Francis A.
Forum: Books June 13th 11, 04:30 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 6
Posted By Jean B.
Shardik

Francis A. Miniter wrote:
On 6/12/2011 8:28 AM, J wrote:
On Jun 11, 11:45�pm, "Francis A.
wrote:
Today, I found a signed first printing of the...
Forum: Books May 11th 11, 03:52 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 2
Posted By Jean B.
some finds

Francis A. Miniter wrote:
On 5/10/2011 11:40 AM, Jean B. wrote:
Francis A. Miniter wrote:
On 5/8/2011 17:55 PM, HardyBoys.us wrote:
"Francis A. wrote in...
Forum: Books May 10th 11, 04:40 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 2
Posted By Jean B.
some finds

Francis A. Miniter wrote:
On 5/8/2011 17:55 PM, HardyBoys.us wrote:
"Francis A. wrote in message
There are some beds...
Forum: Books April 25th 11, 09:24 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 3
Posted By Jean B.
An Excellent Evening

Francis A. Miniter wrote:
It was the end of the second day of the Farmington Public Library sale
in Connecticut, but still I came out with:

Anais Nin, The Hunger (limited 1st ed [1000...
Forum: Books March 7th 11, 07:16 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 8
Posted By Jean B.
Begin book collecting as lifetime hobby

Francis A. Miniter wrote:
On 2/27/2011 20:38 PM, Don Phillipson wrote:
"Jean wrote in message
Joe Morris wrote:
Not so...
Forum: Books March 7th 11, 07:15 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 8
Posted By Jean B.
Begin book collecting as lifetime hobby

Don Phillipson wrote:
"Jean B." wrote in message
Joe Morris wrote:
Not so long ago, HardyBoys.us wrote:
Step 1: Find book you...
Forum: Books February 26th 11, 05:05 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books

Joe Morris wrote:
Not so long ago, HardyBoys.us wrote:
Step 1: Find book you like
Step 2: Buy it
Step 3: Read it
Step 4: Put it on the shelf next to the rest of your books

Step 5:...
Forum: Books January 13th 11, 03:25 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 7
Posted By Jean B.
Grove Press 1st of Juliette

Francis A. Miniter wrote:
On 1/8/2011 10:00 AM, Jean B. wrote:
J wrote:
On Jan 3, 7:45 pm, "Francis A. Miniter"
wrote:
I found at Savers, a used goods store,...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 59