Showing results 1 to 25 of 43
Search took 0.18 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Evelyn C. Leeper
Forum: Books July 13th 08, 04:48 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books,rec.arts.sf.written,rec.arts.books,rec.arts.mystery
Replies: 0
Posted By Evelyn C. Leeper
Bookstores Around the World (rec.arts.books) (FAQ)

[Individual lists are constantly being updated.]

These lists are available on the Web at:

http://www.geocities.com/evelynleeper/bookshop.htm ...
Forum: Books June 10th 08, 08:11 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 12
Posted By Evelyn C. Leeper
Philly bookstores?

J wrote:
On Jun 9, 7:04 pm, "Evelyn C. Leeper" wrote:
For which she (I) thanks you.

You are very welcome--and thank YOU for keeping the lists.

Alas, most big...
Forum: Books June 10th 08, 12:04 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 12
Posted By Evelyn C. Leeper
Philly bookstores?

J wrote:
I must say, Philadelphia provided slim pickings for a second-hand book
browser this weekend. The Rosenbachs would be appalled to see how few
nice shops remain in their city...not that...
Forum: Books June 8th 08, 04:39 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books,rec.arts.sf.written,rec.arts.books,rec.arts.mystery
Replies: 0
Posted By Evelyn C. Leeper
Bookstores Around the World (rec.arts.books) (FAQ)

[Individual lists are constantly being updated.]

These lists are available on the Web at:

http://www.geocities.com/evelynleeper/bookshop.htm ...
Forum: Books May 29th 08, 09:28 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 12
Posted By Evelyn C. Leeper
Philly bookstores?

J wrote:
Can any members make a few suggestions for good used bookstores in
Philadelphia? I'd be coming in by train, just for the day, so they'd
have to be in the center city--say, between the...
Forum: Books April 27th 08, 04:01 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books,rec.arts.sf.written,rec.arts.books,rec.arts.mystery
Replies: 0
Posted By Evelyn C. Leeper
Bookstores Around the World (rec.arts.books) (FAQ)

[Individual lists are constantly being updated.]

These lists are available on the Web at:

http://www.geocities.com/evelynleeper/bookshop.htm ...
Forum: Books April 22nd 08, 02:28 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 11
Posted By Evelyn C. Leeper
"Friends of the Library" Book Sales

Bill wrote:

I have stopped going to the donation room of this same library
and its several branches also. Nothing much makes it to the
donations rooms anymore. Rumor has it that the person...
Forum: Books April 11th 08, 01:27 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 11
Posted By Evelyn C. Leeper
"Friends of the Library" Book Sales

[This is extracted from my column in the MT VOID, 04/11/08.]

Well, book sale season is upon us and there seem to have been some major
changes this year in the nature of "Friend of the Library"...
Forum: Books March 19th 08, 03:09 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books,rec.arts.sf.written,rec.arts.books,rec.arts.mystery
Replies: 0
Posted By Evelyn C. Leeper
Bookstores Around the World (rec.arts.books) (FAQ)

[Individual lists are constantly being updated.]

These lists are available on the Web at:

http://www.geocities.com/evelynleeper/bookshop.htm ...
Forum: Books February 12th 08, 04:07 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books,rec.arts.sf.written,rec.arts.books,rec.arts.mystery
Replies: 0
Posted By Evelyn C. Leeper
Bookstores Around the World (rec.arts.books) (FAQ)

[Individual lists are constantly being updated.]

These lists are available on the Web at:

http://www.geocities.com/evelynleeper/bookshop.htm ...
Forum: Books January 9th 08, 10:05 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books,rec.arts.sf.written,rec.arts.books,rec.arts.mystery
Replies: 0
Posted By Evelyn C. Leeper
Bookstores Around the World (rec.arts.books) (FAQ)

[Individual lists are constantly being updated.]

These lists are available on the Web at:

http://www.geocities.com/evelynleeper/bookshop.htm ...
Forum: Books December 19th 07, 11:33 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 28
Posted By Evelyn C. Leeper
Website for finding out what my books are worth

R. Totale wrote:
On Wed, 19 Dec 2007 17:29:37 GMT, "foad" wrote:

"R. Totale" wrote in message
Forum: Books November 28th 07, 03:28 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books,rec.arts.sf.written,rec.arts.books,rec.arts.mystery
Replies: 1
Posted By Evelyn C. Leeper
Bookstores Around the World (rec.arts.books) (FAQ)

[Individual lists are constantly being updated.]

These lists are available on the Web at:

http://www.geocities.com/evelynleeper/bookshop.htm ...
Forum: Books November 28th 07, 02:49 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 14
Posted By Evelyn C. Leeper
Any good finds lately?

Jean B. wrote:
RF wrote:
On Nov 27, 4:27 pm, "Jean B." wrote:

I am new here and subscribed in part because I think I have an
interesting find. I recently purchased a...
Forum: Books October 8th 07, 07:27 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books,rec.arts.sf.written,rec.arts.books,rec.arts.mystery
Replies: 7
Posted By Evelyn C. Leeper
Bookstores Around the World (rec.arts.books) (FAQ)

[Individual lists are constantly being updated.]

These lists are available on the Web at:

http://www.geocities.com/evelynleeper/bookshop.htm ...
Forum: Books September 18th 07, 02:03 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books,soc.libraries.talk
Replies: 33
Posted By Evelyn C. Leeper
bookseller?

Francis A. Miniter wrote:

You should see the feeding frenzy at the Glastonbury, Connecticut
library book sale. It is held outside on the lawn of the library. The
sale starts at 9:00 am,...
Forum: Books September 12th 07, 03:12 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books,soc.libraries.talk
Replies: 33
Posted By Evelyn C. Leeper
bookseller?

Allan Adler wrote:
Recently, I was at a library and noticed someone sitting by some books
being sold by the library. This person was using a laptop to connect
via wifi to Amazon. Apparently...
Forum: Books September 10th 07, 02:14 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 9
Posted By Evelyn C. Leeper
Help for Bookstores in Portland/Seattle

Jim wrote:
While in Seattle, take the bus over to the Fremont. There are three
quite nice bookstores all on the same stretch of a street called
"Stone Way North." Bob Brown (and associates)...
Forum: Books August 27th 07, 02:34 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books,rec.arts.sf.written,rec.arts.books,rec.arts.mystery
Replies: 0
Posted By Evelyn C. Leeper
Bookstores Around the World (rec.arts.books) (FAQ)

[Individual lists are constantly being updated.]

These lists are available on the Web at:

http://www.geocities.com/evelynleeper/bookshop.htm ...
Forum: Books August 23rd 07, 03:01 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 5
Posted By Evelyn C. Leeper
Looking for Descriptive Terms for Bindings

RPN wrote:
On Aug 22, 8:22 am, "Evelyn C. Leeper" wrote:
Some books I have have "boards" completely covered with a single piece
of something which appears to be fabric...
Forum: Books August 22nd 07, 09:07 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books

Francis A. Miniter wrote:
Evelyn C. Leeper wrote:

Some books I have have "boards" completely covered with a single piece
of something which appears to be fabric treated with some
Forum: Books August 22nd 07, 02:22 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 5
Posted By Evelyn C. Leeper
Looking for Descriptive Terms for Bindings

Some books I have have "boards" completely covered with a single piece
of something which appears to be fabric treated with some waterproofing
material. (At any rate, it usually has a woven...
Forum: Books August 21st 07, 02:04 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 5
Posted By Evelyn C. Leeper
Secondhand bookshops housed in unusual buildings

Kris Baker wrote:
"Evelyn C. Leeper" wrote in message
igs wrote:
Which secondhand bookshop is housed in the most...
Forum: Books August 21st 07, 02:54 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 5
Posted By Evelyn C. Leeper
Secondhand bookshops housed in unusual buildings

igs wrote:
Which secondhand bookshop is housed in the most unusual/interesting
building?

I know of at least one in a former church (Troubadour in North Hatfield
MA), one in a converted...
Forum: Books May 14th 07, 07:48 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books,rec.arts.sf.written,rec.arts.books,rec.arts.mystery