Showing results 1 to 25 of 82
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Bob
Forum: Coins December 7th 08, 11:49 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 1
Posted By Bob
Collect facts before you try to cash in on old coins

Looks like some good advice to me.
Thanks, Bob-tx

"Arizona Coin Collector" wrote in message
FROM:
Forum: Coins October 22nd 08, 10:30 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 1
Posted By Bob
1883 No Cent Nickel question

I have an 1883 No Cent Nickel that I acquired someplace over fifty
years ago. It is in XF condition, but - and it is a big but, it has
been gold bronze plated, I assume to emulate the "Racketeer...
Forum: Coins September 21st 08, 11:21 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 14
Posted By Bob
Selling silver question

Within the next two or three weeks, I will have some silver coins to
sell, all 90% (dimes, quarters, halves, dollars). Not a great deal,
maybe a few hundred dollars, face.

Question: Would I be...
Forum: Coins July 10th 08, 11:18 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 70
Posted By Bob
Do you use dollar coins?

"Voltronicus" wrote in message
There's been a lot of self-righteous hot air blown around in here
Forum: Coins June 21st 08, 12:16 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 6
Posted By Bob
Roll find-modern

"scottishmoney" wrote in message
I don't care for looking through new coins, I prefer to go through
circulated stuff, that is...
Forum: Coins February 10th 08, 11:42 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 88
Posted By Bob
Average Age

"Jack" wrote in message
On Feb 10, 1:36?am, sgt23 wrote:
Whats the...
Forum: Coins February 10th 08, 11:40 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 88
Posted By Bob
Average Age

"kathy1945" wrote in message
I'm 62 and feel 19.

I read a statement somewhere on a news...
Forum: Coins February 10th 08, 01:33 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 88
Posted By Bob
Average Age

"sgt23" wrote in message
Whats the average age of collectors in here? 27 here.

I'm one of the...
Forum: Paper Money February 9th 08, 11:19 AM Posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Replies: 3
Posted By Bob
Received At The Bank Today..

"scottishmoney" wrote in message
http://www.geocities.com/scottishmoney/coinpeople/dueces2.8.08.jpg

I have never gotten...
Forum: Coins February 5th 08, 11:22 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 136
Posted By Bob
Contest

"George D" wrote in message
It has been a long time since we have had a contest. So in
celebration of...
Forum: Coins December 29th 07, 12:30 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 140
Posted By Bob
Mottoes on US coins

"Bill Dukenfield" wrote in message
"Bruce H (BoxTurtle)" wrote:

On Sat, 29 Dec 2007 03:01:55 GMT, Bill Dukenfield
Forum: Paper Money December 25th 07, 02:26 PM Posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Replies: 6
Posted By Bob
Fake $2.00 bill - funny

Subject: The $2 bill

On my way home from the second job I've taken
for the extra holiday cash I need, I stop at
Taco Bell for a quick bite to eat. In my
billfold are a $50 bill and a $2 bill....
Forum: Coins November 19th 07, 10:26 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 22
Posted By Bob
1928-D $2.00 Red Seal US note - AU Condition, 1928-A $1.00 Ch. AU58 Silver Certificate

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=320183349125
1928-D $2.00 Red Seal US note - AU Condition, beautiful! $1 open
NR!

I am still trying to figure out what sells (and...
Forum: Coins November 14th 07, 11:20 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 9
Posted By Bob
Request advice in selling coins

"tony cooper" wrote in message
With all the problems on EBay, especially with coins, I don't see
rank...
Forum: Coins November 13th 07, 10:38 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 9
Posted By Bob
Request advice in selling coins

I have been trying to liquidate a huge (at least to me it's huge)
collection of coins that I started in early 1950's. I am 73 years
old and although I hope to be around for a good number of years...
Forum: Paper Money November 3rd 07, 10:02 AM Posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Replies: 0
Posted By Bob
Need help in determining price of U.S. banknote. - 5000.jpg (1/1)

wrote in message

snip out pic
First off, I doubt if you are for real - troll !!!

Second, you ought to know better than post a picture in a text only
NG.

Third, It look...
Forum: Coins October 15th 07, 12:51 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 22
Posted By Bob
look at this BS. Dollar coin

I received the following crappy email this morning.
Of course I replied about the edge lettering, but I feel
they already knew this. I don't know why some people
want to try to cause a problem where...
Forum: Paper Money July 23rd 07, 12:33 PM Posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Replies: 1
Posted By Bob
*Star Note

"GC" wrote in message
New to this forum:
What do you think the value is of 2 dollar 1953A red seal star
Forum: Coins July 10th 07, 11:05 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 3
Posted By Bob
Que: Best way to mail a bill

I have a $ bill I want to mail to a friend. It is UNC so I don't
want it to get folded and mutilated in the mail.
What is the best way to mail this?
Thanks

Also posted on RCP-M
Forum: Paper Money July 10th 07, 11:03 AM Posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Replies: 1
Posted By Bob
Que: Best way to send a bill

I have a $ bill I want to mail to a friend. It is UNC so I don't
want it to get folded and mutilated in the mail.
What is the best way to mail this?
Thanks

Also posted on RCC
Forum: Coins July 7th 07, 10:53 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 15
Posted By Bob
RCC Limerick Coin Contest Voting Thread

"PC" wrote in message
The time has come for voting for you favorite limerick. The
winner is the person who gets the most...
Forum: Paper Money July 2nd 07, 05:55 PM Posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Replies: 1
Posted By Bob
Approximate Value request, please

I am a coin collector, and know nothing about currency/bills at all.
Recently, I began going through my collection started over 50 years
ago. I am getting ready to sell it off since none of our...
Forum: Coins June 29th 07, 12:06 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 2
Posted By Bob
2 1/2 Indian Gold?

"Stardancer" wrote in message
Howdy;

Is it just me or does the $2 1/2 gold piece look "funny"? At
first
I...
Forum: Coins June 29th 07, 11:59 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 7
Posted By Bob
Found In Change - Now What?

"tony cooper" wrote in message
I was handed this coin
Forum: Coins June 28th 07, 04:05 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 5
Posted By Bob
Is this a major error on Adams buck?

I have been trying to add a variety of types to my small collection
or presidential dollars. So far, I only have two types which isn't
much of a start.
Was looking through some dollars the other...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 82