Showing results 1 to 20 of 20
Search took 0.80 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Jim[_11_]
Forum: General Discussion October 2nd 12, 04:21 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 3
Posted By Jim[_11_]
Science fiction

On 10/1/2012 10:38 AM, Padraigh ProAmerica wrote:
Here's a thought. AFAIK, the USPS has never issued any stamps honoring
science fiction as a genre. Since they like multiple honorees, here are
Forum: General Discussion August 20th 12, 03:43 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 30
Posted By Jim[_11_]
What do you collect?

On 8/18/2012 8:49 AM, Victor Manta wrote:
In the past we run several times postings with the subject: What do you
collect? This way we could learn more about the philatelic interests of
the...
Forum: General Discussion April 22nd 11, 04:07 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 18
Posted By Jim[_11_]
Mystic Stamp Co.

On 4/21/2011 4:21 PM, Billns wrote:
On 4/21/2011 7:03 AM, Beanie wrote:
I sent away for the Mystic color catalog of US stamps recently.
It arrived along with some old used US stamps (which I...
Forum: General Discussion July 31st 10, 10:02 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 5
Posted By Jim[_11_]
USPS Becoming HiTech.......Kinda

On 7/30/2010 9:38 PM, Victor Manta wrote:
"Billns" wrote in message
On 7/29/2010 7:11 PM, Jim wrote:
Another of those stories...
Forum: General Discussion July 30th 10, 03:11 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 5
Posted By Jim[_11_]
USPS Becoming HiTech.......Kinda

Another of those stories that make you ask how do they manage to stay in
business...the answer always comes back, they are the only post office
in town. I had a package delivered on Saturday...
Forum: General Discussion March 1st 10, 12:27 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 1
Posted By Jim[_11_]
Houston stamps shows???

On 2/28/2010 4:34 PM, Bob wrote:
I'll be in Houston in March and was wondering if there were any stamp shows
the weekends of the 13th to the 27th?
TIA

Take a look here, shows from all...
Forum: General Discussion January 18th 10, 04:15 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 5
Posted By Jim[_11_]
How do I post a picture?

On 1/17/2010 8:42 PM, rodney wrote:
"Jim"
Picasa Sample he
http://picasaweb.google.com/okieman46/ArianeV#5411238641781029602

Nice one. I had not seen Picasa web in action before...
Forum: General Discussion January 10th 10, 04:28 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 5
Posted By Jim[_11_]
Buying current US Postage Stamps

On 1/9/2010 6:15 AM, Ralphael1 wrote:
Domestic collectors of current US postage stamps should follow the
lead of the OLD one: Only buy from Providence, Rhode Island Philatelic
Center.
There...
Forum: General Discussion November 16th 09, 03:12 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 30
Posted By Jim[_11_]
My son really wants to start collecting stamps

JohnH, wrote:
On Sat, 14 Nov 2009 15:20:19 -0800 (PST), "Blair (TC)"
wrote:

On Nov 13, 3:57 pm, John H wrote:
On Fri, 13 Nov 2009...
Forum: General Discussion August 6th 09, 01:28 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 11
Posted By Jim[_11_]
US postmark.

rodney wrote:
I wonder if this is merely a random aux mark,
or a postmark of significance.
Thanks
http://cjoint.com/data/iglVNoDndQ.htm

1922 is a typo

The symbol shown is for the...
Forum: General Discussion June 25th 09, 12:05 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 11
Posted By Jim[_11_]
Stamp website

Bill Sharpe wrote:

Sir F. A. Rien wrote:
Bill Sharpe found these unused words:

Ralphael1 wrote:
I am updating my French Marianne collection and would...
Forum: General Discussion June 9th 09, 11:50 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 3
Posted By Jim[_11_]
Space Junk.

rodney wrote:
G'day Jim,
I found this random Cinderella
http://cjoint.com:80/data/gihSQykt0d.htm

The fact that the lassie found its genesis in the promotion of the set that
you have, was...
Forum: General Discussion June 9th 09, 12:35 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 3
Posted By Jim[_11_]
Space Junk.

rodney wrote:
How sharp are the members on this NG? I ask you.
Some very eagle eyed lassie spotted this.
http://cjoint.com/data/gjlaTB3vyg.htm

So Cinderella printed by Aust post 2007 ,...
Forum: General Discussion April 11th 09, 06:42 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 2
Posted By Jim[_11_]
Why I started collecting postage stamps

jim wrote:
Hello:

It seems the subject of postage stamp collecting only favors the old
timers for now. I have seen a post to the group about 'the simpsons'
getting on stamps or is that...
Forum: General Discussion March 31st 09, 12:42 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 11
Posted By Jim[_11_]
Your 5 choices

jim wrote:
Hello:

I am just wondering something you might of never thought in a few
years, but if you were stranded on a desert island, what 5 postages
stamps would you like to have with...
Forum: General Discussion March 27th 09, 02:35 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 16
Posted By Jim[_11_]
your information is wonderful

jim wrote:
Hello Group:
I have been in the back of the room during most of your discussions
and reading everything you put in the group. I have clicked on the
links and I am educating myself...
Forum: General Discussion March 20th 09, 10:27 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 11
Posted By Jim[_11_]
new to the group but very interested

Blair wrote:
On Mar 19, 7:57 pm, Jim wrote:
Ralphael1 wrote:
On Mar 19, 6:50 pm, jim wrote:
Hello:
I am a old stamp collector that got...
Forum: General Discussion March 20th 09, 12:02 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 2
Posted By Jim[_11_]
CJoint

When I go to Cjoint Symantec is displaying a warning that it has found a
threat. A Trojan Horse in a file that has photo13.exe in the title. I'd
type the whole URL but wouldn't want some one to...
Forum: General Discussion March 19th 09, 11:57 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 11
Posted By Jim[_11_]
new to the group but very interested

Ralphael1 wrote:
On Mar 19, 6:50 pm, jim wrote:
Hello:

I am a old stamp collector that got interested in collecting ages ago,
but have stopped seeing the US stuff...
Forum: General Discussion December 30th 08, 03:55 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 18
Posted By Jim[_11_]
Stamp data storage

Ralphael1 wrote:
As stated in previous posts I had problems with my stamp files being
stored in several places. I couldn't remember which files I had
changed on what computer.
I decided to...
Showing results 1 to 20 of 20