Showing results 1 to 25 of 175
Search took 0.06 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: scottishmoney
Forum: Paper Money September 30th 08, 12:11 PM Posted to rec.collecting.paper-money,rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 18
Posted By scottishmoney
Got A Counterfeit At The Bank

"Jim Menning" wrote in message

"Michael G. Koerner"

That is precisely why the $5 was recently...
Forum: Coins September 30th 08, 12:11 PM Posted to rec.collecting.paper-money,rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 18
Posted By scottishmoney
Got A Counterfeit At The Bank

"Jim Menning" wrote in message

"Michael G. Koerner"

That is precisely why the $5 was recently...
Forum: Coins September 26th 08, 07:15 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 28
Posted By scottishmoney
Help us fight the smears against Governor Palin

"Dave Allured" wrote in message
You forgot one: requiring the date and mint mark on the face of all US
coinage. Bullion and tokens included.

--Dave

And yet another,...
Forum: Coins September 26th 08, 12:21 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 13
Posted By scottishmoney
I was right! -- Financial Bailout In Trouble?

"Peter" wrote in message news:964635f5-

Perhaps only the salable parts were sold?

Meanwhile the taxpayer gets screwed as usual by the Washington and New York
plutocrats. ...
Forum: Paper Money September 24th 08, 07:30 PM Posted to rec.collecting.paper-money,rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 18
Posted By scottishmoney
Got A Counterfeit At The Bank

This morning I went to the bank and made the weekly withdrawl. One of the
$100's just didn't quite look right the ink was a bit off. I looked at it up
against the overhead light, and sure enough,...
Forum: Coins September 24th 08, 07:30 PM Posted to rec.collecting.paper-money,rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 18
Posted By scottishmoney
Got A Counterfeit At The Bank

This morning I went to the bank and made the weekly withdrawl. One of the
$100's just didn't quite look right the ink was a bit off. I looked at it up
against the overhead light, and sure enough,...
Forum: Paper Money September 21st 08, 03:38 PM Posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Replies: 0
Posted By scottishmoney
Cleaned And Pressed For Sunday Best

Cleaned, and harshly so. Poor...
Forum: Coins September 16th 08, 01:43 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 14
Posted By scottishmoney
Got in change today

"Dave" wrote in message news:VAIzk.3136 What a wild
day that was - one of my fellow teletype operators met his fate also,
fired
via a teletype message from his outraged...
Forum: Paper Money September 16th 08, 01:39 PM Posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Replies: 3
Posted By scottishmoney
A Decent Canadian Find At My Bank Today

"Paul" wrote in message
A family member found a bundle of 230 $1 bills stashed away for 20 years.
Included 5 1974 $2,...
Forum: Coins September 16th 08, 02:01 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 14
Posted By scottishmoney
Got in change today

I search boxes of pennies from the bank every couple of weeks, the last time
I checked about two weeks ago I got a 1909 VDB in VF. That is the earliest
cent find I have ever made, but teens are...
Forum: Paper Money September 13th 08, 08:11 PM Posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Replies: 1
Posted By scottishmoney
Completed The Series 661 MPC Set

http://www.geocities.com/scottishmoney/banknotes/usa/usampc2.html

The $10 is NOT an easy note to find, it is very rare and you can figure the
rest. It was the last note printed by the BEP that...
Forum: Paper Money September 9th 08, 10:29 PM Posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Replies: 3
Posted By scottishmoney
A Decent Canadian Find At My Bank Today

I was on the prowl for older FRN's and Ikes, they were skint of them, but
they did have these come across yesterday:

http://www.geocities.com/scottishmoney/banknotes/canada/canadiandosh.jpg

I have...
Forum: Paper Money September 7th 08, 05:19 PM Posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Replies: 1
Posted By scottishmoney
Looking for Singapore collector

"Owen Linzmayer" wrote in message
I'm trying to compile reliable info and high-res images of...
Forum: Coins September 4th 08, 04:35 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 19
Posted By scottishmoney
"Famous Dogs" Commemorative Half Dollar Series

I stand informed. It made me short of breath just reading about all that
strenuous activity. Whew!

James

Just one little...
Forum: Paper Money August 29th 08, 09:06 PM Posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Replies: 0
Posted By scottishmoney
WTB Denmark 500, 1000 Kroner P-52, P53 in Unc.

Please contact me through the links on my webpage if you know of where I can
find these notes.

--
My Website on Numismatics - Scottish in Particular:

http://www.geocities.com/scottishmoney
Forum: Coins August 29th 08, 06:36 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 15
Posted By scottishmoney
Silver

"DanU" wrote in message
Since silver spot price has virtually collapsed a few weeks ago, I
believe...
Forum: Coins August 19th 08, 07:44 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 2
Posted By scottishmoney
San Marino 2008 euro set PROOF

"gogu" wrote in message
Hi all!
What do you think about the new (and first time issued) PROOF San Marino
Forum: Coins August 19th 08, 12:39 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 41
Posted By scottishmoney
Redux: Electrotype of 1793 Liberty Cap cent on eBay

"Scott Stevenson" wrote in message I
take it you weren't here during "the incident" several years ago?

take care,
Scott
one of the original...
Forum: Coins August 18th 08, 09:54 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 41
Posted By scottishmoney
Redux: Electrotype of 1793 Liberty Cap cent on eBay

I have no idea where you first encountered Ira, scottish, but I first
encountered him in these pages several years ago. Since that...
Forum: Coins August 18th 08, 08:31 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 41
Posted By scottishmoney
Redux: Electrotype of 1793 Liberty Cap cent on eBay

"Ira" wrote in message news:51fb812b-7494-
Jim,

It was listed under US Coins: Large Cent: Reproductions so no foul
there. Thre were 17 sould who had that coin on their watch...
Forum: Coins August 6th 08, 03:14 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 9
Posted By scottishmoney
Holed half cent

"Reid Goldsborough" wrote in holed
1947-D Jefferson nickel,

Or you can just send it back to the kind collector that sent it to you
gratis in the first place:) No,...
Forum: Coins August 1st 08, 07:03 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 6
Posted By scottishmoney
One Mr. Rick Cooper

"robert esposito" wrote in message
I have posted several questions to this newsgroup and have found most
Forum: Coins August 1st 08, 06:56 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 12
Posted By scottishmoney
1921 Peace Dollar PCGS MS64

"PC" wrote in message

"scottishmoney" wrote in message
Forum: Coins August 1st 08, 02:13 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 15
Posted By scottishmoney
Baltimore ANA show report

"Anka" wrote in message news:90baab5b-
Hoh yeah. Bobby sure had a thing for her. ;-)

~Anka

Are you so sure the guy in Sicily didn't hae a thing for you too? ;}

BTW I have one...
Forum: Coins August 1st 08, 02:09 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 12
Posted By scottishmoney
1921 Peace Dollar PCGS MS64

"PC" wrote in message
There is a noticable spot on the reverse so no bold claims about cracking
this out for an...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 175