Showing results 1 to 25 of 62
Search took 1.67 seconds.
Forum: Coins July 15th 08, 01:23 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 70
Posted By [email protected]
Do you use dollar coins?

On Jul 9, 8:06*pm, Voltronicus wrote:
There's been a lot of self-righteous hot air blown around in here
about the virtues of dollar coins over dollar bills.
But do those...
Forum: Coins March 13th 08, 12:51 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
14 kt gold bracelet value

On Mar 13, 2:19 am, "Coinenthusiast" wrote:
Howdy;

If my math is correct gold value is about $383.

Less costs, including assay and processing. I
would not count on...
Forum: Coins January 17th 08, 02:07 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 31
Posted By [email protected]
I don't think the new dollar coin will be anything more

On Jan 17, 1:15 am, Capri wrote:
than a collectors item.

I have never received one in change.

I have never seen one. No one has any when I ask. My bank
says that they do...
Forum: Coins December 25th 07, 11:34 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 1
Posted By [email protected]
Tempo Koban

I have eight Tempo Koban IMITATION coins, bought in
Japan about 30 years ago. I think they are gold -- about
20 g each on my postage scale. I was told at the time
that they were 1 yen, but the yen...
Forum: Coins November 30th 07, 01:48 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
Donor Leaves Gold Coin in Arizona Kettle

On Nov 30, 8:38 am, "MJKolodziej"
wrote:
http://apnews.myway.com/article/20071129/D8T7JP6G1.html

It happens at least one time every year. It seems there is...
Forum: Coins September 22nd 07, 01:49 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 47
Posted By [email protected]
Something Odd About the Gold in Gold Coins

On Sep 21, 2:00 pm, javawizard wrote:
Most gold has some copper mixed into it. If it didn't, it would be so
soft you could change the shape of coins and jewelry with your...
Forum: Coins September 2nd 07, 12:57 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 12
Posted By [email protected]
Motivation For Collecting Coins - (A Non-Troll Version)

On Aug 31, 1:12 am, Usenet2...@THE-
DOMAIN-IN.SIG wrote:

And the contrast between coins and stamps?

Coins are "real". Money can be a bill or a coin, but
the...
Forum: Coins August 30th 07, 03:19 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
US NCLT

What was the first US NCTL coin? And when was
it put out? (I do not count the original Kennedy half.)

I saw an advertisement for the US dollar presidential
coin set of three coins with P, D and S...
Forum: Coins July 19th 07, 07:58 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
Are Coins Federal Reserve Exempt?

On Jul 18, 2:23 pm, Peter wrote:

Before completely dismissing the notion, it is probably reasonable to
mention the concept of intrinsic value. If the intention were...
Forum: Coins July 19th 07, 01:57 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins

On Jul 18, 2:23 pm, Peter wrote:

Before completely dismissing the notion, it is probably reasonable to
mention the concept of intrinsic value. If the intention were...
Forum: Coins July 13th 07, 02:45 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 30
Posted By [email protected]
Non-Circulating Legal tender

On Jul 12, 1:19 pm, (Christian Feldhaus)
wrote:

Equating "no longer legal tender" and "demonetized" is a strange concept
from my POV. There is a difference between...
Forum: Coins July 13th 07, 02:34 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 30
Posted By [email protected]
Non-Circulating Legal tender

On Jul 12, 12:34 pm, "Ed Hendricks"
wrote:

Demonetisation is currently prohibited in the United States; the Coinage Act
of 1965 applies to all U.S. coins and...
Forum: Coins July 12th 07, 04:44 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 30
Posted By [email protected]
Non-Circulating Legal tender

On Jul 12, 10:15 am, "Ed Hendricks"
wrote:

ALL modern U.S. commemorative and bullion coins, regardless of their metal
composition, are NCLT. Since none will...
Forum: Coins July 12th 07, 01:56 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 30
Posted By [email protected]
Non-Circulating Legal tender

NCLT. An interesting question.

I see two types of NCLT. 1) Coins (OK, and bills) which at one time
were
circulating legal tender but are NCLT today. (A subgroup, small in
the
USA [gold coins...
Forum: Coins July 5th 07, 02:25 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 33
Posted By [email protected]
Phony Coins

On Jul 4, 7:13 pm, wrote:
You mean like the bronze non-monetized First Lady trinkets being
pushed lately, or the composite trash the Fed has been passing off as
US currency...
Forum: Coins July 4th 07, 02:34 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 33
Posted By [email protected]
Phony Coins

I have seen advertisements for a "one dollar" coin, legal
tender in Palau and nothing to do with what I consider real
dollars (US, Canada, Hong Kong, etc.). It commemorates
100 years of GM -- good...
Forum: Coins June 7th 07, 02:34 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
Coin Money Clips?

On Jun 5, 10:01 pm, Jerry Dennis wrote:
On Jun 4, 7:13?pm, wrote:

I like coin money clips. Of course, not collector quality coins, but
a $20...
Forum: Coins June 5th 07, 12:13 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
Coin Money Clips?

I like coin money clips. Of course, not collector quality coins, but
a $20 gold piece, when mounted in a rim-gripping clip, makes an
impressive money clip. As does a silver dollar. I have...
Forum: Coins May 21st 07, 01:41 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 17
Posted By [email protected]
Shipwreck Treasure Found

On May 18, 10:41 am, RayCanada wrote:

TAMPA, Fla. - Deep-sea explorers said Friday they have
mined what could be the richest shipwreck treasure in
history, bringing...
Forum: Coins May 11th 07, 02:00 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
Euro Coins ?

On May 11, 4:15 am, (Christian Feldhaus)
wrote:
{BEV} wrote:
What metal is the Euro coins made of TIA

The 1, 2 and 5 cent coins are made from...
Forum: Coins May 9th 07, 10:53 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
Dollar coins at Cinco de Mayo festival

On May 6, 5:05 pm, "Iagos Fool" wrote:
Yesterday I went to the local Cinco de Mayo festival which in addition to
the requisite brightly colored dancing folks included your...
Forum: Coins May 3rd 07, 03:49 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 26
Posted By [email protected]
Gold Double Eagles

On May 1, 7:52 pm, Dave Hinz wrote:

I don't know that decorative use is the driving factor in gold prices.

Not decorative value, but as a way to save value (money). If...
Forum: Coins May 2nd 07, 02:12 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 26
Posted By [email protected]
Gold Double Eagles

On May 1, 6:52 pm, "Mr. Jaggers" lugburzman[at]yahoo[dot]com wrote:

I believe for every drop of rain that falls...a flower grows. No, wait,
that was Frankie Laine's line. What is it now that...
Forum: Coins May 1st 07, 10:54 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 26
Posted By [email protected]
Gold Double Eagles

On May 1, 2:26 pm, Peter wrote:
On May 1, 2:32 pm, wrote:

I believe the Chinese leadership actually advised their citizens to
buy gold.

Not...
Forum: Coins May 1st 07, 01:32 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 26
Posted By [email protected]
Gold Double Eagles

On May 1, 4:25 am, wrote:
On Apr 30, 2:31 am, wrote:

I'm looking to buy either proof or mint uncirculated gold double
eagles. I've heard conflicting...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 62