Showing results 1 to 25 of 37
Search took 0.29 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: george pearl
Forum: Coins February 1st 19, 02:47 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 3
Posted By george pearl
Can anyone help me? Came across these while going through old boxes (Pics)

I have the car--and it burns oil! Where'd you find that junker?
Forum: Coins January 25th 19, 04:24 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 1
Posted By george pearl
What else?

If it's true that you shouldn't collect Philadelphia coins, for the
Most part, what other things about coins is equally true? (Like,
" don't buy circulated coins"). Thanks.
Forum: Coins August 2nd 17, 05:14 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 0
Posted By george pearl
Planchet Quality

I bought a MS68 Indiana quarter on ebay
to have an example of what such a grade
would look like.

I noticed that the coin
had mirrored fields and I was wondering if
the Mint specially prepared the...
Forum: Coins November 3rd 12, 06:49 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 9
Posted By george pearl
War of 1812 coins

I thought that the US Mint would
have seized the opportunity to issue
200 year anniversary commemorative
coins for the War of 1812.

I guess the war was fought as late
as 1815 and achieved a...
Forum: Coins October 29th 12, 06:10 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 2
Posted By george pearl
Too good to be true?

On Saturday, October 27, 2012 8:31:15 PM UTC-7, capri wrote:
Saw this one on eBay. The guy has 0 feedback. Similar coins selling for $200+ and he has 10 avail for 50 bucks each? Yeah sure. Just...
Forum: Coins October 21st 12, 03:59 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 17
Posted By george pearl
Slander against Laura Sperber $20,000 Reward

On Saturday, October 20, 2012 11:28:53 AM UTC-7, Bruce Amspacher wrote:
A Ripoff Report filed against Laura of legend. This Ripoff Report is totally false. We have hired an attorney to determine...
Forum: Coins October 21st 12, 03:49 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 17
Posted By george pearl
Slander against Laura Sperber $20,000 Reward

On Saturday, October 20, 2012 11:28:53 AM UTC-7, Bruce Amspacher wrote:
A Ripoff Report filed against Laura of legend. This Ripoff Report is totally false. We have hired an attorney to determine...
Forum: Coins October 8th 12, 09:23 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 2
Posted By george pearl
Coinage Magazine Issue October 2012

What is this?

I opened my Coinage Magazine issue and

found that everything is double-spaced.

Is this a new policy with these guys?
Forum: Coins September 3rd 12, 08:10 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 1
Posted By george pearl
Just how rare is a rotated reverse?

Back when Statehood Quarters were being minted,
I had the good fortune of finding one that was
BU and obviously rotated. I had to go thru 6,000
normal coins before I found it.

I was really tickled...
Forum: Coins September 3rd 12, 07:53 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 2
Posted By george pearl
Who were they? What were they like?

What is the "process" by which BU coins, over
a hundred years old, stay in mint condition
for all these years? What type of person decides
that he's going to sit on a roll of coins for
decades?

I...
Forum: Coins August 25th 12, 11:45 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 2
Posted By george pearl
So it was the Manganese, huh?

Back in 2004 I bought some Sac dollars thru the mail.
These were "hand-selected coins for their briliance
and stike". Baloney--they just fished them out of a
roll and sent them to me in a couple of...
Forum: Coins May 3rd 12, 02:28 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 4
Posted By george pearl
Another new fantasy nation coin

On Wednesday, May 2, 2012 9:28:27 AM UTC-7, Edwin Johnston wrote:
The fantasy nation coin I designed was released by BlueWatersMint.com
last month and is still available. I've also just released...
Forum: Coins March 3rd 12, 02:41 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 2
Posted By george pearl
Here's something that probably hasn't been bawledabout...Photoshopped coins

On Feb 29, 5:56*pm, Eric Babula wrote:
george pearl wrote in news:48d9fb9f-c674-45d8-
:

It's just...
Forum: Coins February 29th 12, 03:26 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 2
Posted By george pearl
Here's something that probably hasn't been bawled about...Photoshoppedcoins

It's just that when I look at pictures of
coins in magazines and their covers it
looks like fake toning has been applied.

Like the collectors are drooling
for it. Maybe they are.
Forum: Coins February 13th 12, 04:26 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 10
Posted By george pearl
If THIS is true about coin dealers, what else is there?

On Feb 12, 12:06*pm, Frank Galikanokus
wrote:
george pearl wrote:

Couple of short stories.

When I was young I bought a BU 1950-d Nickle
for a good...
Forum: Coins February 12th 12, 07:15 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 10
Posted By george pearl
If THIS is true about coin dealers, what else is there?

On Feb 12, 7:38*am, Jerry Dennis wrote:
On Feb 12, 2:14*am, george pearl wrote:

On Feb 11, 8:17*pm, oly wrote:

On...
Forum: Coins February 12th 12, 08:14 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 10
Posted By george pearl
If THIS is true about coin dealers, what else is there?

On Feb 11, 8:17*pm, oly wrote:
On Feb 11, 9:01*pm, Jason Burke wrote:

On 2/11/2012 5:07 PM, oly wrote:

* much
*smarter now.

Forum: Coins February 12th 12, 01:14 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 10
Posted By george pearl
If THIS is true about coin dealers, what else is there?

Couple of short stories.

When I was young I bought a BU 1950-d Nickle
for a good price. When I asked why they sold
it for so low, they muttered some uninteligible
answer. Much later I discovered...
Forum: Coins May 10th 11, 12:30 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 4
Posted By george pearl
Misprinted Dollar Bill

On May 8, 4:13*am, "Dracoba" wrote:
I have a misprinted 1 dollar bill. It is a 2006 series. The misprint is on
the obverse side there is no top border and on the reverse the...
Forum: Coins June 28th 10, 10:12 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 2
Posted By george pearl
I give up on trying to get $200, $500, and $1,000 FRNs issued inthe U.S.

On Jun 28, 1:08*am, Drago the Wolf wrote:
I went to a coin shop to cash in some silver, and I was talking to
them about reissuing $500, and $1,000 bills as well as issuing...
Forum: Coins June 10th 10, 10:01 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 2
Posted By george pearl
Unloading off-beat silver ingots

Hiya,

I own some silver one-ounce rounds that were issued by silver
companies
back in the 1970's. I don't even know if they are still in business.

They are clearly marked .999 fine and look...
Forum: Coins May 20th 10, 02:47 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 2
Posted By george pearl
Cent Melt

On May 19, 6:22*pm, dlhii wrote:
I did some searching to try and figure out if the government had a
cent melt in 1943. About all I was able to find was the current 'new'
law...
Forum: Coins May 13th 10, 11:30 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 5
Posted By george pearl
Hotel Boasts ATM with a Golden Touch

On May 13, 2:51*pm, johnnyo wrote:
Abu Dhabi's top hotel is upping the ante in the race for Gulf glitz:
adding a gold-dispensing machine. The ATM-style kiosk in the...
Forum: Coins May 12th 10, 12:07 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 4
Posted By george pearl
Bob Finnan

On May 11, 3:47*pm, "Nick Knight" wrote:
In , on
05/11/2010
* *at 11:26 AM, Friends of Bob Finnan...
Forum: Coins May 6th 10, 11:38 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 3
Posted By george pearl
Scurvy Dog is Robert Finnan

On May 6, 1:06*pm, Coin Dude wrote:
On May 5, 4:51 am, "Bob-tx" wrote:

I didn't realize I was a jerk by telling you the truth,
but...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 37