Showing results 1 to 25 of 46
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: noteworthy
Forum: Paper Money September 9th 10, 12:36 AM Posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Replies: 3
Posted By noteworthy
Silver Cert. printed on thin paper...is this a fake

On Sep 8, 1:39*pm, Laurie B wrote:
Hi, I am new to the forum and am a amateur collector. I just purchased
a 1935e silver cert. that has been claimed to be tissue paper thin...
Forum: Paper Money July 1st 09, 09:03 AM Posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Replies: 0
Posted By noteworthy
Noble auctions - Major auction - Australia

http://www.noble.com.au/auctions/browse_cat.php?sale=91

Good place to find Scottish, UK and USA notes, medals and coins.

I've dealt with them before and they are really easy to deal with...
Forum: Paper Money July 14th 08, 01:57 AM Posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Replies: 3
Posted By noteworthy
Large Note Carrying And Folding?

Victorian and Edwardian wallets and purses were larger. Worldwide the
notes were generally quite large. The notes were known here in NZ as
"horseblankets" due to their size.

The average person...
Forum: Paper Money July 9th 08, 08:51 AM Posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Replies: 15
Posted By noteworthy
How important is it to have 3 values in catalog?

For example Czechoslovakia P-17 is very very rare in high grade, it is not
even priced for Uncirculated. *It is the 100 Korun from 1920 with Slavia
from an Alfons Mucha work, it is a very very...
Forum: Paper Money June 28th 08, 10:47 AM Posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Replies: 6
Posted By noteworthy
The Samoa Dilemma

Or a third option: American Samoa! :)

I am not ware of any notes that were ever issued by American Samoa.
They have always used US$.
Forum: Paper Money June 20th 08, 12:56 AM Posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Replies: 3
Posted By noteworthy
Paper softness

On Jun 19, 5:41 am, Matthew Brealey wrote:
I have just received this note:http://www.auctiva.com/hostedimages/showimage.aspx?gid=681181â„‘=1...

I have every other note in...
Forum: Paper Money May 20th 08, 10:52 PM Posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Replies: 8
Posted By noteworthy
Zimbabwe Introduced $500 Million, $5 Billion, $25 Billion and $50Billion Notes

They could actually make more money just selling the paper and ink...

Once the notes start circulating they are used paper and used ink and
depreciate accordingly.
Forum: Paper Money May 16th 08, 07:23 AM Posted to alt.marketing.online.ebay,rec.games.pinball,rec.models.scale,rec.photo.marketplace,rec.collecting.paper-money
Replies: 28
Posted By noteworthy
got a usps money order #11424840445 for

that poster went too far. but in all fairness a recent Harvard study
proved that the black man's IQ is extremely low on average with some
exceptions (ie. Barack Obama). even so, regardless of...
Forum: Paper Money April 25th 08, 11:09 PM Posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Replies: 22
Posted By noteworthy
Ebay note grading

On Apr 26, 5:19 am, Matthew Brealey wrote:
On 25 Apr, 14:42, wrote:

Anyway, could I get some confirmation. Is this VG or F?

If I were to grade...
Forum: Paper Money April 25th 08, 11:08 PM Posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Replies: 1
Posted By noteworthy
Banknotes with "stamp"

These notes don't interest me but I have been facinated by the
gullibility of people. Banknotes with "Nazi SS stamps". I have seen a
lot of them listed and they are so obviously fake stamps. While...
Forum: Paper Money April 25th 08, 10:37 PM Posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Replies: 22
Posted By noteworthy
Ebay note grading

I'm not sure I like that system. If a note has extensive surface
damage it appears to still be possible to rate VF+

Theoretically that would be possible but in practice very hard to
achieve. The...
Forum: Paper Money April 23rd 08, 12:29 AM Posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Replies: 22
Posted By noteworthy
Ebay note grading

aEF as opposed to gVF is a different grade. aEF indicates that it is
not quite EF but rates higher than an gVF note. gVF being better than
VF and aEF being not quite EF.

It can be possible to obtain...
Forum: Paper Money April 23rd 08, 12:14 AM Posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Replies: 22
Posted By noteworthy
Ebay note grading

With the paper discoloring and rust on the rear I think this note has
been wet (flood damage?) and got stuck to something. The damage on the
rear is probably a surface tear as it has been removed...
Forum: Paper Money April 23rd 08, 12:09 AM Posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Replies: 22
Posted By noteworthy
Ebay note grading

On Apr 21, 11:27 am, Matthew Brealey wrote:
so how does one grade something like this:

http://www.auctiva.com/hostedimages/showimage.aspx?gid=681181â„‘=1...

(check...
Forum: Paper Money April 18th 08, 12:12 AM Posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Replies: 22
Posted By noteworthy
Ebay note grading

While note grading has been documented it is still subjective there is
no consensus on what is "THE standard". There also is little
difference in aEF and gEF on an EF note. Often subjective and can...
Forum: Paper Money April 17th 08, 11:16 PM Posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Replies: 1
Posted By noteworthy
Laos bank notes - SPECIMEN

On Apr 16, 8:12 am, Barry wrote:
Recommendations on individuals or dealers who specialize in LAOS bank
notes, especially SPECIMEN notes, will be...
Forum: Paper Money March 30th 08, 06:15 PM Posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Replies: 2
Posted By noteworthy
Countries Using U. S. Dollar as Legal Tender

On Mar 30, 8:18 am, wrote:
http://nutmegcollector.blogspot.com/

Opec could be dropping the US$ as well.

http://www.kuwaittimes.net/read_news.php?newsid=OTkxNDk0NzEx
Forum: Paper Money March 30th 08, 06:13 PM Posted to rec.collecting.paper-money

On Mar 30, 8:18 am, wrote:
http://nutmegcollector.blogspot.com/

There are a number of US dollar reserve holding countries that are
considering dropping the unstable and risky us...
Forum: Paper Money March 3rd 08, 04:21 AM Posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Replies: 1
Posted By noteworthy
Looking for Britsh Pound form 1700

On Feb 29, 6:22 am, Rheintochter wrote:
Hello,
I am currently looking for a Britsh Pound Note from the 1700's, a scan
of a Note would be perfectly fine.
If anyone...
Forum: Paper Money December 8th 07, 08:56 AM Posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Replies: 4
Posted By noteworthy
What does the F in EF stand for?

The F stands for

genuine antique Filth.

On Dec 7, 4:37 am, "note.boy" wrote:
Forum: Paper Money June 5th 07, 01:42 AM Posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Replies: 7
Posted By noteworthy
$500/$1000 FRN

On Jun 5, 12:08 pm, (Tim McDaniel) wrote:
In article ,

note.boy wrote:

"Tim McDaniel"...
Forum: Paper Money May 19th 07, 10:42 PM Posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Replies: 8
Posted By noteworthy
$194,750 for a note?????

On May 18, 4:20 am, Roger Hunt wrote:
David Meadows wroteI know that if i had that kind of money to spend on a note, or number of
notes, there are plenty of auctions...
Forum: Paper Money April 28th 07, 03:33 AM Posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Replies: 3
Posted By noteworthy
Restored / repaired notes

I notice that there are a number of "restored" or "repaired" notes
being sold on ebay.

Some of the notes are listed as restored but how effective are the
techniques used & how will the note last...
Forum: Paper Money April 9th 07, 08:53 AM Posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Replies: 13
Posted By noteworthy
French Oceania HELP!!

Hope they are REAL and not replicas.

jeWINK.WINK wrote:
"note.boy" wrote in message
Ended at $4,749, that...
Forum: Coins April 8th 07, 10:24 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 42
Posted By noteworthy
Paper Money

On Apr 8, 9:44 am, "note.boy" wrote:
By the time prospective bidders have read all that nonsense in your listing
any notion of bidding will have faded to zero. ...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 46