Showing results 1 to 25 of 62
Search took 0.14 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: B.J. Herbison
Forum: Paper Money June 28th 08, 11:32 AM Posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Replies: 6
Posted By B.J. Herbison
The Samoa Dilemma

The changes are annoying, but I also find it annoying that different
choices for SCWC and SCWPM. Some differences are required (Euro notes
are issued in a common design, but Euro coins are issued...
Forum: Coins June 8th 08, 08:08 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 3
Posted By B.J. Herbison
Coin Production Low Across Board

Arizona Coin Collector wrote:
If the story below is true, I am sad. :(

Coin Production Low Across Board

Cent production is moving along at a rate that hasn't
been this low in nearly 40...
Forum: Paper Money June 8th 08, 01:01 PM Posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Replies: 30
Posted By B.J. Herbison
I don't trust the Krause web site

Matthew Brealey wrote:
Hmm, shouldn't it all be on numismaster.com in due course? An annual
subscription should cost less than buying the dead tree books (though
I'm not sure it will) Surely...
Forum: Paper Money June 8th 08, 12:52 PM Posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Replies: 30
Posted By B.J. Herbison
New edition of Standard Catalog of World Paper Money

Owen W. Linzmayer wrote:
The lack of inclusion of modern issues is appalling, especially considering
that while I was the editor of the IBNS newsletter, I routinely sent George
Cuhaj advanced...
Forum: Coins March 9th 08, 06:41 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 1
Posted By B.J. Herbison
Chinese, Egyptian, and Indian coins - Do they have any value?

The first number for the Chinese coin entries are catalog numbers from
Schjoth (although the information for the Ching coins reflect some
post-Schjoth research). The coins I looked up were all...
Forum: Paper Money March 5th 08, 02:46 AM Posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Replies: 2
Posted By B.J. Herbison
DON'T VIEW THE SITE

Just trash. B.J.
--
B.J. Herbison / / http://www.herbison.com/herbison/bj.html
The Next Asylum / 203 Long Hill Road / Bolton, MA 01740-1421 / +1 978

Christian Feldhaus wrote:
Also, FI 2007 replaced the mintmaster sign by
the country code and the mint's logo on all denominations.

Right, I forgot about that.

As for dealers in North America,...
Forum: Coins March 4th 08, 01:03 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 4
Posted By B.J. Herbison
Where can I purchase the new non-commemorative euro coins?

Andrew wrote:
Usually I just look through EBay
But mostly I get them from either if these 2 sellers
http://myworld.ebay.com.au/nr9111 in Netherlands,
Forum: Coins March 3rd 08, 02:31 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 4
Posted By B.J. Herbison
Where can I purchase the new non-commemorative euro coins?

When euro coins were first introduced there were many sources to
purchases sets. However I haven't found places selling the coins with
the new common-side design that started in 2007 (2008 for...
Forum: Coins February 26th 08, 01:25 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 1
Posted By B.J. Herbison
Rare 1857 (Sic) Type One Gold Dollar (Ping Reid)

"The seller ended this listing early because the item is no longer
available for sale."
B.J.
--
B.J. Herbison / / http://www.herbison.com/herbison/bj.html
The Next Asylum /...
Forum: Coins February 14th 08, 02:06 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 4
Posted By B.J. Herbison
new feedback rules :o)

Ivan wrote:
Actually, it would be smarter to give a bad feedback to the best sellers so
no one else buy from them just you - and cheaper :)))

Except the account you give the bad feedback with...
Forum: Coins February 3rd 08, 05:07 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 5
Posted By B.J. Herbison
Unidentified Numismatic Object

sgt23 wrote:
Might try lower case w's the next time, and the link will work.

Internet domain names are case insensitive -- www. is the same as WWW.
is the same as wWw. I've never seen the case...
Forum: Coins January 19th 08, 01:05 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 4
Posted By B.J. Herbison
Reference books for German States coins

Thanks for the information, and yes, please pass on the e-mail discussion.

Mr. Jaggers wrote:
4) Have you purchased any coins from Amazon.com?
Forum: Coins January 18th 08, 09:27 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 4
Posted By B.J. Herbison
Reference books for German States coins

I've been accumulating some German States coins, including some I'd like
to investigate more, so I have some questions on reference books.

1) Does the Krause Standard Catalog of German Coins have...
Forum: Coins December 1st 07, 03:36 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 4
Posted By B.J. Herbison
A few questions about listing auctions...

S. Miller wrote:
As you can see, most of these are common coins. My main concern is whether
I'll lose certain bidders because they may need a certain date, while other
bidders will bid...
Forum: Paper Money November 22nd 07, 10:58 PM Posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Replies: 8
Posted By B.J. Herbison
Finally, 2003A $2s

Paul Anderson wrote:
I have seen a few 2003A $2 bills in my area, but it was not until this
past Saturday that I got my first all-new 2003A pack of $2s at my bank.

When I picked up some James...
Forum: Coins November 18th 07, 12:42 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 9
Posted By B.J. Herbison
Ebay's rules regarding certified coins for sale

Bruce H (BoxTurtle) wrote:
As for not getting any complaints, well,neither has ACG!

Speaking of our favorite slabber, have you noticed that there are fewer
auctions mentioning ACG or Accugrade? ...
Forum: Coins October 13th 07, 10:38 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 15
Posted By B.J. Herbison
FA: 1883, 1884, 1885 Morgans

coigner wrote:
Comments, criticisms, suggestions (insults, flames, snarky remarks G),
all welcome. I'm still pretty new at all this.

Nicely done. The most significant comment I can think of...
Forum: Coins October 13th 07, 10:29 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 17
Posted By B.J. Herbison
$1 Bill Elimination?

Jass wrote:
And theres no point in a 20cent coin. We dont want to reduce values of
our coins with inflation, just more stuff to carry around.

A 20 cent coin works with the dime and half better...
Forum: Coins October 6th 07, 09:18 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 3
Posted By B.J. Herbison
FA: Foreign Gold Coins Starting at $0.01

Coinenthusiast wrote:
...are four cold coins from Cayman Islands, ...

Will you package them in ice to keep them cold during shipping?

B.J.
--
B.J. Herbison / /...
Forum: Coins October 3rd 07, 01:03 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins

On Monday I found some sellers with large numbers of listings in
violation of the new grading policy and reported some of the auctions.
The auctions were still running yesterday morning but were...
Forum: Coins September 26th 07, 01:02 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 36
Posted By B.J. Herbison
Testing eBay's new TPG policy

RF wrote:
eBay says they'll begin enforcing this new policy on October 1.

Where does it say that?

Here's an announcement from someone with an ebay.com e-mail...
Forum: Coins September 26th 07, 12:49 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 36
Posted By B.J. Herbison
Testing eBay's new TPG policy

Bruce Remick wrote:
Imagine the scarlet stigma carried by little Mollie from being PNG'ed by the
ANA for selling poor old grandpa's estate coins on eBay with improper
phrasing.

I tried to...
Forum: Coins September 25th 07, 10:54 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 36
Posted By B.J. Herbison
Testing eBay's new TPG policy

Jim Seymour wrote:
So far, they're not receiving a passing grade...

I agree. I reported ten auctions from various sellers on Saturday that
violated the policy. Nine are still running, the...
Forum: Coins September 3rd 07, 09:42 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 1
Posted By B.J. Herbison
Info about Indian princely states

wrote: