Showing results 1 to 11 of 11
Search took 0.55 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: g0pkh
Forum: Juke Boxes November 16th 12, 10:19 AM
Replies: 2
Posted By g0pkh
[QUOTE=John Robertson;693559]Tommy E wrote: I am...

[QUOTE=John Robertson;693559]Tommy E wrote:
I am begining the restoration of a 1970 Rock-ola 443 jukebox. This is
my first jukebox restoration. Any hints or tips about this machine or
Rock-ola...
Forum: Juke Boxes November 12th 12, 04:56 PM
Replies: 1
Posted By g0pkh
Hello I have fully restored one of these...

Hello

I have fully restored one of these machines myself, and will try to help you.

To clarify a few things.

1) You say the write-in motor starts to turn after the third button is pressed, but it...
Forum: Juke Boxes February 21st 12, 10:04 AM
Replies: 5
Posted By g0pkh
Hello So you can confirm that the 1st and 2nd...

Hello

So you can confirm that the 1st and 2nd digit lights do work when you make the selection, and that the 3rd button actually does latch, but nothing else happens, is that correct ?

In this...
Forum: Juke Boxes January 20th 12, 11:42 PM
Replies: 41
Posted By g0pkh
Hi Robert If the brushes are not too badly worn,...

Hi Robert

If the brushes are not too badly worn, then yes the motor will still work.

However, I saw a picture of one of your motors which showed one brush as completely worn to the end.

if you...
Forum: Juke Boxes January 20th 12, 10:12 AM
Replies: 41
Posted By g0pkh
Hi Robert If you do as John suggests. That may...

Hi Robert

If you do as John suggests. That may sort the armatures out.

However you will still need two sets of brushes. You can buy them from a chap in Germany here....
Forum: Juke Boxes January 19th 12, 11:10 AM
Replies: 41
Posted By g0pkh
Hi Robert A while back I restored my first...

Hi Robert

A while back I restored my first jukebox, A Rock-Ola 474 machine.

I too had problems with both of these motors.

I was really lucky and managed to find two brand new old stock armatures...
Forum: Juke Boxes December 6th 11, 02:14 PM
Replies: 5
Posted By g0pkh
Unhappy Seems to have been hardly worth the effort of me...

Seems to have been hardly worth the effort of me replying
Forum: Juke Boxes November 28th 11, 02:12 PM
Replies: 5
Posted By g0pkh
Do the 1st and 2nd digit selection lights come on...

Do the 1st and 2nd digit selection lights come on as you are making the selections ?
Have you a service manual ?

What machine do you have, your title say 454 your text says 474 ?
Forum: Juke Boxes October 13th 11, 11:33 AM
Replies: 6
Posted By g0pkh
Hi Bob A 454 for $50? Crikey they seem far more...

Hi Bob

A 454 for $50? Crikey they seem far more plentiful in the States than they are over here in the UK.

I am afraid for me, that I am limited to a maximum of two I think. One restored in the...
Forum: Juke Boxes October 11th 11, 09:31 AM
Replies: 6
Posted By g0pkh
Smile Great news Bob. How's that from me, A complete...

Great news Bob.

How's that from me, A complete newbie to the world of jukeboxes.
I have only ever restored one.

I am fascinated by them however, and studied the service manual for a very long time...
Forum: Juke Boxes October 6th 11, 02:00 PM
Replies: 6
Posted By g0pkh
Hi Bob On the 456 machine, I think you'll find...

Hi Bob

On the 456 machine, I think you'll find that the scanning motor is ultimately controlled by the play relay (on the PSU). This relay is controlled by 2 things

The wobble plate switch (micro...
Showing results 1 to 11 of 11